Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Explain why they showed a car with their logo

Explain why RG didn’t mention this in advance

explain why they have a Mexico factory and why RG never mentioned it

Sounds to me like he got rail roaded by this in some shape or fashion to a degree. If you say all of these are zero issues. I’m gonna laugh at how dumb you will sound.

Please read the thread. I already explained all of that.

Cliff notes - If you don’t understand what patents or distribution rights are, I can’t help you, and that is if Hisun was selling a version of the car, and they aren’t.

Explain how a Speed car with an H on it equals me not getting a car.

Explain how an unaccounted for Speed car with different emblems and stickers magically showed up in North America? I’m sure it was just the only one sent over here right? 😂

RG does not run Hisun. He does not open their factories.

I don’t care what stickers the Mexico car had on it. Hisun said they aren’t making a version of it already.

Choose to believe them or not.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Have you reviewed the pattens to verify who owns them yet?

So you can’t admit he was blindsided. Ok thanks

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

So you can’t admit he was blindsided. Ok thanks
Yes. Take a guess who owns all the patents for the car they designed.

Robby Gordon said he didn’t know there was going to be a Hisun branded Speed UTV at this event.

It seems both sides say it has no bearing on Speed selling their car.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
It wasn’t just a wrap hopefully he has a patent on the seats too those babies said Hisun all over them!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It wasn’t just a wrap hopefully he has a patent on the seats too those babies said Hisun all over them!

You are right! I am sure a 1.5 million sq foot factory can’t embroider some seat covers, make a crooked H grill emblem and print a wrap to slap on a car with Speed logos all over the drivetrain, tires, and touch screen display :)

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yes. Take a guess who owns all the patents for the car they designed.

Robby Gordon said he didn’t know there was going to be a Hisun branded Speed UTV at this event.

It seems both sides say it has no bearing on Speed selling their car.

Robby has owned most of the patents on this stuff since the XX, patent for cage design, rear suspension design, and front suspension design have been at play for about 5 years now.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
You are right! I am sure a 1.5 million sq foot factory can’t embroider some seat covers, make a crooked H grill emblem and print a wrap to slap on a car with Speed logos all over the drivetrain, tires, and touch screen display :)
That’s what makes it even worse! They can and will do that!

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great for those of us interested in a modern day Tucker story, could read this thread without the Haters popping off every single F'n chance they get?
I don't know why Team LOF even tries anymore. How about you haters wait until it becomes crystal clear that Robbie has failed.
With the world economy and other political realities, RG has proven himself worthy of your respect for getting as far as he has. I can't understand why your guys take pleasure in seeing RG, LOF, RD or anyone else not be successful in what they are trying to do.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great for those of us interested in a modern day Tucker story, could read this thread without the Haters popping off every single F'n chance they get?
I don't know why Team LOF even tries anymore. How about you haters wait until it becomes crystal clear that Robbie has failed.
With the world economy and other political realities, RG has proven himself worthy of your respect for getting as far as he has. I can't understand why your guys take pleasure in seeing RG, LOF, RD or anyone else not be successful in what they are trying to do.

I never really understand the rooting for failure either.. I always hope that all my friends and rdp members succeed in what they do and try to help whenever possible

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Here's a mind bending thought.

What if Speed knew the car was going to Hisun in Mexico, and what if the car was being raced in the Coahuila 1000 this coming weekend, and what if Hisun was racing the car, and using their logo since they are racing it. They are one of the main sponsors of the race.......

Attachments

• 396500.FB_IMG_1645654593584.jpg
    396500.FB_IMG_1645654593584.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 36

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Looks like the Politian's are racing a RZR/CanAm as well

Attachments

• A755C2C8-58CB-4F36-A9C4-DD49420CEC3A.thumb.jpeg.fc70732c84f345ef52619cf18f2b4f07.jpeg
    A755C2C8-58CB-4F36-A9C4-DD49420CEC3A.thumb.jpeg.fc70732c84f345ef52619cf18f2b4f07.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 49
  • B08932F2-A2F9-4FD2-944C-D43856E3A1AE.thumb.jpeg.ba3f6e200373415af5f38755850664bf.jpeg
    B08932F2-A2F9-4FD2-944C-D43856E3A1AE.thumb.jpeg.ba3f6e200373415af5f38755850664bf.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 44

Riverryder

Reaction score
I never really understand the rooting for failure either.. I always hope that all my friends and rdp members succeed in what they do and try to help whenever possible
you havent seen the havasu thread then.
alot of negativity. shedding alot of light on how many hypocrites and mad at the world people post on here.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
They said they aren’t. And what do I care if they did? This isn’t Mexico.
I care because like I’ve said before I’d buy one in a couple years of they turn out as promised. One of the reasons I waited to buy my RZR and the last model year for it because of all the improvements they’ve made. I even stated in here that your statements are one of the reasons I bought the car I did.

I think until average Joe racer starts banging these cars around they really won’t know what needs to be improved!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I care because like I’ve said before I’d buy one in a couple years of they turn out as promised. One of the reasons I waited to buy my RZR and the last model year for it because of all the improvements they’ve made. I even stated in here that your statements are one of the reasons I bought the car I did.

I think until average Joe racer starts banging these cars around they really won’t know what needs to be improved!

Regardless of the front badge, the car is the car. It is a new platform, and I’m sure it’s going to have some stupid quirks.

The only reason to even get one was that the cheaper price hopefully offsets the annoyances. They could have some catastrophic failures, but that seems less and less likely with how much testing they have done.

Could it have dumb Polaris problems like failing fuel system orings and electrical connections that break internally.. sure. We won’t know that until people use the cars. That was always known and hasn’t changed. No one ever claimed the cars were or will be perfect.

merc_400r

Reaction score
Regardless of the front badge, the car is the car. It is a new platform, and I’m sure it’s going to have some stupid quirks.

The only reason to even get one was that the cheaper price hopefully offsets the annoyances. They could have some catastrophic failures, but that seems less and less likely with how much testing they have done.

Could it have dumb Polaris problems like failing fuel system orings and electrical connections that break internally.. sure. We won’t know that until people use the cars. That was always known and hasn’t changed. No one ever claimed the cars were or will be perfect.

But the cars do have to be perfect to back up all the trash talking Robby does on can-am and polaris. If the new speed cars doesn't crush polaris/can-am right out the gate or it has mechanical issues then people are going to jump all over it because of his marketing. Robby has been talking for 3 years now and every time he says we are "60 days out" and doesn't produce it gets worse. Now if he actually delivers cars and they don't live up to the hype it will be heard. And he can't use the excuse of it's a first run becuase of all the trash talking he has been doing.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you mis-spelled 'patents' or casting 'patterns' ??

I expect Hisun doesn't care about authorized use of either ... but borrowing the patterns will speed up the production of their own car.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
you havent seen the havasu thread then.
alot of negativity. shedding alot of light on how many hypocrites and mad at the world people post on here.
He should also take a look in the Cali thread for all the positive Orange light being shed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
But the cars do have to be perfect to back up all the trash talking Robby does on can-am and polaris. If the new speed cars doesn't crush polaris/can-am right out the gate or it has mechanical issues then people are going to jump all over it because of his marketing. Robby has been talking for 3 years now and every time he says we are "60 days out" and doesn't produce it gets worse. Now if he actually delivers cars and they don't live up to the hype it will be heard. And he can't use the excuse of it's a first run becuase of all the trash talking he has been doing.

You are confusing perfection with performance. If these cars perform as well as everyone that has ridden in one says, and don’t fall apart, they aren’t going to have any big problems.

No one ever said these were perfect. Don’t you think it is plainly obvious at this point that Speed does not care what people that have no interest in buying their car think? They are selling 16k of these things.

The whiners will be jumping all over him when the first Speed with a flat tire pops up on Instagram.

ridebig

Reaction score
Maybe Pelosi can fly in on her back to the states and get RG some answer's LOL

bentprops

Reaction score
Crab Mentality, otherwise know as the Tall Poppy Syndrome
One crab in a bucket will easily climb out. Put in a 2nd and he will pull the 1st back in.

This kind of behavior is not just present among crabs but also in humans.

Indeed, whenever you expect to accomplish something incomprehensible. Now and again, the test isn’t even the new test. Sometimes the test is disposing of the multitude of individuals keeping you down.

Taboma

Reaction score
Crab Mentality, otherwise know as the Tall Poppy Syndrome
One crab in a bucket will easily climb out. Put in a 2nd and he will pull the 1st back in.

This kind of behavior is not just present among crabs but also in humans.

Indeed, whenever you expect to accomplish something incomprehensible. Now and again, the test isn’t even the new test. Sometimes the test is disposing of the multitude of individuals keeping you down.
Is there a similar phrase for when you discover you were nothing more than yet another piled up crab shell that allowed them to reach the top of the bucket ? I mean besides being termed a gullible fool ?

Edit, that does not reflect the writers opinion of RG or Speed UTV and or the company's validity or capabilities. 😁

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Couple live videos going on right now if anyone wants to actually get updated for themselves
These videos are great updates, RG is burning the candle at both ends. Future owners should give much gratitude to that man. I know that RG and team will benefit monetarily, but you can tell he is doing this from passion and wanting people to have a better option than what is offered in current market.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
This post isn't very promising, but hopefully just trolling the internet a little bit.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220803-102819_Instagram.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220803-102819_Instagram.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 63

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This post isn't very promising, but hopefully just trolling the internet a little bit.

I had a feeling this was coming. I watched one of Deezy's live streams from a couple days ago he said they were a few days away from flipping the switch "on" to full production. If that is the case, it jives with that claim.

At this point, what is another couple weeks, just get it dialed in.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I had a feeling this was coming. I watched one of Deezy's live streams from a couple days ago he said they were a few days away from flipping the switch "on" to full production. If that is the case, it jives with that claim.

At this point, what is another couple weeks, just get it dialed in.
My concern would be we've heard the "couple weeks" "turning the switch on" too many times to hold my breath., but I've been surprised by them, being further along then they let on in the videos.

I was hoping for a possible SSSS delivery based on my number, but really Sept, is still a little too hot. Ideally I'd like to pick up in Havasu and drive it back home in the desert.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
My concern would be we've heard the "couple weeks" "turning the switch on" too many times to hold my breath., but I've been surprised by them, being further along then they let on in the videos.

I was hoping for a possible SSSS delivery based on my number, but really Sept, is still a little too hot. Ideally I'd like to pick up in Havasu and drive it back home in the desert.
I agree, that they're definitely telling us about these issues after they have already been addressed and accounted for.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Agreed. They have always held back on the videos, but the "couple weeks" is old. That is one place I agree with the naysayers.. shut up about the timeline. But I know that is the #1 question they get. In their defense they are constantly showing progress. Recall a year ago when they said they were "setting up chassis robots", and 3 weeks later pumped out a bunch of chassis for the pre prod cars and got the pre prod cars done and everyone said that was unpossible.

I think those built cars that came over with the Hisun car (I'm assuming they shipped more than one car here) will be there to show off... Who knows if any of those are customer cars.. Maybe customers 1-3 🤣.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Agreed. They have always held back on the videos, but the "couple weeks" is old. That is one place I agree with the naysayers.. shut up about the timeline. But I know that is the #1 question they get. In their defense they are constantly showing progress. Recall a year ago when they said they were "setting up chassis robots", and 3 weeks later pumped out a bunch of chassis for the pre prod cars and got the pre prod cars done and everyone said that was unpossible.

I think those built cars that came over with the Hisun car (I'm assuming they shipped more than one car here) will be there to show off... Who knows if any of those are customer cars.. Maybe customers 1-3 🤣.

The Hisun car looks like one of the pre-productions that were here in the states, possibly the one they were giving rides in at Parker, it's still got king springs on it, and it had the Orange arms,

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The Hisun car looks like one of the pre-productions that were here in the states, possibly the one they were giving rides in at Parker, it's still got king springs on it, and it had the Orange arms,

That would be an interesting twist. That would imply that Speed knew they had it though..

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
That would be an interesting twist. That would imply that Speed knew that had it though.

I would guess, and I won't be surprised to see it numbered up and racing the Coahuila race this coming weekend. Would be great advertisement for both Speed and Hisun.

Look at the car closely, it looks like the Pre-production that was in Parker, I think in one of the videos or a photo, you can see what looks like Go-Pro mounts on the dash

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would guess, and I won't be surprised to see it numbered up and racing the Coahuila race this coming weekend. Would be great advertisement for both Speed and Hisun.

Look at the car closely, it looks like the Pre-production that was in Parker, I think in one of the videos or a photo, you can see what looks like Go-Pro mounts on the dash

Good catch. I thought I saw some in car footage of the Mexican car, assuming those mounts were used for that.

The giveaway would be the rear door latch assembly.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Good catch. I thought I saw some in car footage of the Mexican car, assuming those mounts were used for that.

The giveaway would be the rear door latch assembly.
If this was a new car, I would expect to NOT see King lower springs either., and it would make sense that it was easier to get a car from the US to Mx quicker than flying one from China, but just guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.