WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
What about that $60k Vette :)

I was never worked up about the car or the money, just the claims from the owners that they were “saving money on gas” buying a $60k car 👍🏻.

The answer here is the same there. People are free to spend their money however they like.

I wasn't referring to you. ;)

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I don’t think customer cars will be at the ssss but the same pre productions from last year. Maybe some sun assemblies this go around too like the entire front bulkhead, diff ect. Same with motor will be on display too

riverroyal

Reaction score
I don’t think customer cars will be at the ssss but the same pre productions from last year. Maybe some sun assemblies this go around too like the entire front bulkhead, diff ect. Same with motor will be on display too
I think 1-100 will be by after Thanksgiving. 101-500 next year

grumpy88

Reaction score
I talked to a couple worker today who has spot 600 something and his brother in law even lower and neither have been asked to pay in full that there vehicle is being delivered or built at this point . His feeling is he would be 80k into something else . If ... if his car is ever built he is into it for in the 30s . To good of a deal at this point not to stay in the game . He kept his speed car so he has lost zero ride time . Looking at it from that angle I don't blame him for waiting .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm sponsored by Simpson, they want my or one of my friends cars when we it, so they can figure out seats and mounting. I'll ask them when we get cars.

I was going to send mine over to Simpson when I get it.. #113

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

The same cars from last year won’t be at the show. The cars they started building in April will be there at a minimum.

My feeling is they will deliver a handfull of cars to say “deliveries have begun”. Too big of a PR miss not to.

Same thing they did with “Assembly begins in April”

outboard_256

Reaction score
Read the thread. They are probably lying that they were asked to use their low number cars for display at the show.

It is not my business when or how people pay for their vehicles.

It should be your business when people are asked to pay. By law that gives speed 30 days to produce the product. So once people are being asked to be paid in full they are 30 days out from getting there car. But of course you should know this already and are just playing dumb? Doesn't seem like you to have a major detail like this slip past you? If you really had a spot you would know this.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It should be your business when people are asked to pay. By law that gives speed 30 days to produce the product. So once people are being asked to be paid in full they are 30 days out from getting there car. But of course you should know this already and are just playing dumb? Doesn't seem like you to have a major detail like this slip past you? If you really had a spot you would know this.

When I am asked to pay for my cars it is my business. If car #3 (not my car) is asked to pay, it’s not my car, nor is it my business what contracts or arrangement he has with Speed, when he has to pay, or if his car will be used as a display car to catch the tears of the whiners at the SSSS show.

When I get a call to pay, I will update the group.

outboard_256

Reaction score
When I am asked to pay for my cars it is my business. If car #3 is asked to pay, it’s not my car, nor is it my business.

When I get a call to pay, I will update the group.

Yet you can claim people are getting calls and asking if we are calling them liars? You don't make no sense dude. So either you are claiming stuff for others or you are not. Pick a lane.

Reactions: EPL

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’m seriously pulling For RG. I’m a dirt bike guy, have been my entire life. But have been toying with the idea for awhile. I’m basically the last man standing with the bike. Everyone else has gone to SXS’s. This machine will push all the manufacturers to up their game... no doubt about it. We as consumers will be the big winners. Hope to see them out in the desert this year.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yet you can claim people are getting calls and asking if we are calling them liars? You don't make no sense dude. So either you are claiming stuff for others or you are not. Pick a lane.

Read the thread. I’m just restating what has already been said by others because you didn’t read it.

Pick a lane? Pick a screen name, you have like 4 of them.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’m seriously pulling For RG. I’m a dirt bike guy, have been my entire life. But have been toying with the idea for awhile. I’m basically the last man standing with the bike. Everyone else has gone to SXS’s. This machine will push all the manufacturers to up their game... no doubt about it. We as consumers will be the big winners. Hope to see them out in the desert this year.
I may not sound like it but im pulling for him.
Im a buyer in a few years. Once the talk is over a proven reliable.
The snafu is in 2 years there will be more options with other manufacturers.

I think his marketing and business model is not something im onboard with until this all shakes out.

I wish all Americans in business success. I know its not something i have the balls to do
It would be fun though to have 5000 nutswingers like RG

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I may not sound like it but im pulling for him.
Im a buyer in a few years. Once the talk is over a proven reliable.
The snafu is in 2 years there will be more options with other manufacturers.

I think his marketing and business model is not something im onboard with until this all shakes out.

I wish all Americans in business success. I know its not something i have the balls to do
It would be fun though to have 5000 nutswingers like RG

There will be a new Can Am probably. That is it. Polaris isn’t going to come out with anything ground breaking for a few more years. They just came out with it. The next “thing” is going to be enclosed cars.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yea.I’m still couple years out from a SXS purchase. But that’s ok. I have a rule...... NEVER buy the first production year . I’m ok with giving this all some time to shake out. I have a feeling, this car will be amazing once it’s ironed out in a year or two.

riverroyal

Reaction score
There will be a new Can Am probably. That is it. Polaris isn’t going to come out with anything ground breaking for a few more years. They just came out with it. The next “thing” is going to be enclosed cars.
Enclosed? That takes the motorcycle wind thing away. Im not id want to be enclosed. Altough less laundry

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I was going to send mine over to Simpson when I get it.. #113
I live local to Simpson, so before you send a car from Havasu, lets see what we can come up with here local, maybe you'll be able to just order one, or they will say they can't do it.

EarpRider

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20220522_194551.jpg
    20220522_194551.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 35

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes shut your mouth. I won’t even do a windshield lol

Give it 3 years. I’m already seeing many Ranger Northstar builds running around. Guy down the street from me in Havasu has a bad ass all white one.

Those people have $50k into those already after suspension, shocks, wheels, tires, paint or wrap, radio, belts, seats etc…. And they have 20 HP less than an NA 1000 RZR.

It is the pontoon boat of the SXS world. Someone just has to put double the HP in them and double the price.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Give it 3 years. I’m already seeing many Ranger Northstar builds running around. Guy down the street from me in Havasu has a bad ass all white one.

Those people have $50k into those already after suspension, shocks, wheels, tires, paint or wrap, radio, belts, seats etc…. And they have 20 HP less than an NA 1000 RZR.

It is the pontoon boat of the SXS world. Someone just has to put double the HP in them and double the price.
Great analogy

Is the speed car the dcb of the world?
Turbo s is skater lmao

gqchris

Reaction score

I love the idea. The dust and cold is what gets old after a while for me. If I can cruise over the whoops with the heater on and in my shorts, now thats Badass! LOL...

And the cleaning of the interior also sucked. Im a grumpy old man I guess!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Yea.I’m still couple years out from a SXS purchase. But that’s ok. I have a rule...... NEVER buy the first production year . I’m ok with giving this all some time to shake out. I have a feeling, this car will be amazing once it’s ironed out in a year or two.
If you want to make a fun transition, grab a 2021 or 22 yxz paddle shift for around 21-23k. It's the closest thing to a dirt bike you're going to get in a side-by-side, you can drop into corners and downshift just like on your bike.

It redlines at 11k, you can drive it like you stole it and it loves it. The belt drive guys on here love to knock it, but being able to paddle shift in a side-by-side with a four-wheel drive shaft drive system is pretty badass.

Engine and tranny are bulletproof, as well as the driveline. The suspension needs some tuning that I can help you with, but it's literally like a dirt bike with four wheels.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There’s a guy that does turbo 1000 swaps, even swaps suspension etc.

Preston has a bad ass defender for sale
Right now.. it costs as much as my dually.. lol.

Hondo-407

Reaction score
Not stirring the pot and have no desire to read thru 30+ pages of bickering...

I'm looking for a deposit to buy. All the Iistings I have found have been sold...

Please DM me if you have one or know someone who wants out of theirs...

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Ash -

That’s complete BS. I have a Ranger NS crew ultimate. I have it set up for my Flagstaff cabin. Winches front and rear, external bed roll bar for spare, Jack etc.

Shocks-30” tires. For our needs it’s perfect. Heat in the winter, AC in the summer plus keeps ALL dust out.

To compare the HP to a RZR is ridiculous. They are not pontoons they fit a different need. Mine rides somewhere between my RZR and my 18’ Ranger NS Crew, which was stock.

For taking the family out in the desert in the summer, Ranger. All day comfort and these aren’t race cars anyway, neither are RZR’s.

I can drive to Crown King from my house, going through Lake Pleasant. In the RZR you’re petty beat-up end of day. Ranger, not so much.

I believe the next push at high tech and higher performance UTV’s will be the enclosed, comfort style.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ash -

That’s complete BS. I have a Ranger NS crew ultimate. I have it set up for my Flagstaff cabin. Winches front and rear, external bed roll bar for spare, Jack etc.

Shocks-30” tires. For our needs it’s perfect. Heat in the winter, AC in the summer plus keeps ALL dust out.

To compare the HP to a RZR is ridiculous. They are not pontoons they fit a different need. Mine rides somewhere between my RZR and my 18’ Ranger NS Crew, which was stock.

For taking the family out in the desert in the summer, Ranger. All day comfort and these aren’t race cars anyway, neither are RZR’s.

I can drive to Crown King from my house, going through Lake Pleasant. In the RZR you’re petty beat-up end of day. Ranger, not so much.

I believe the next push at high tech and higher performance UTV’s will be the enclosed, comfort style.

Steve - That is exactly what I said in the comment before that one. They are going to bring the enclosed cab model to the high performance market. The Ranger builds are what people are doing today.

It makes no sense to build a Ranger and then engine swap it for more power. They weren’t built to run down a wash at 50+ MPH.

Polaris already has design patents pending for what looks to be enclosed cabin variant. Speed has one in the design phase and the current car was designed with that functionality in mind.

You’ll be able to buy a $60k enclosed Pro R/Speed ITV top line car with HVAC in a few years. That is my point, and it seems we agree.

As for the RZR.. get the suspension done. I’ve been in mine for 12 hours at a time, up to 200 miles and feel great at the end of the day. That is with stock seats and 5 point harnesses. If the Ranger is more comfy than the RZR something is amiss.

I have not been in a NorthStar car, but my neighbor has a 22 Trail Boss Ranger with 30s, and still on stock shocks. Night and day different.

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Steve - That is exactly what I said in the comment before that one. They are going to bring the enclosed cab model to the high performance market. The Ranger builds are what people are doing today.

It makes no sense to build a Ranger and then engine swap it for more power. They weren’t build to run down a wash at 50+ MPH.

Polaris already has design patents pending for what looks to be enclosed cabin variant. Speed has one in the design phase and the current car was designed with that functionality in mind.

You’ll be able to buy a $60k enclosed Pro R/Speed ITV top line car with HVAC in a few years. That is my point, and it seems we agree.

As for the RZR.. get the suspension done. I’ve been in mine for 12 hours at a time, up to 200 miles and feel great at the end of the day. That is with stock seats and 5 point harnesses. If the Ranger is more comfy than the RZR something is amiss.

I have not been in a NorthStar car, but my neighbor has a 22 Trail Boss Ranger with 30s, and still on stock shocks. Night and day different.
You misunderstood my point. The RZR you’re beat up from the wind and dust, not the ride.

I go out on days like this I’m my shorts.

BEA614E0-75D2-4456-8F10-39BCB11D902C.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You misunderstood my point. The RZR you’re beat up from the wind and dust, not the ride.

I go out on days like this I’m my shorts.

View attachment 1143448

Understood. As of this moment you are getting beat up one way or another, from the ride or the elements.

We seem to agree that in a couple more years both of those problems will be fixed with more money 😂.

I think in Havasu today’s Ranger builds will be tomorrows 2015 rzr1k with a turbo and long travel builds - expensive and rendered obsolete. I’m not saying that as a slight, I’m saying the market will respond to fill that niche, like they did with the original RZRs and more recently the long travel turbo cars.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220806-071756_Instagram.jpg

Let me start with, I have no skin in this game. Didn't buy one, not looking to buy one now, don't have rzr either. But, I have read this thread and I just read this post. It made me laugh. It's like he's reading this thread.🤣🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 1143661

Let me start with, I have no skin in this game. Didn't buy one, not looking to buy one now, don't have rzr either. But, I have read this thread and I just read this post. It made me laugh. It's like he's reading this thread.🤣🤣

You did read the sentence after right? He was saying when he heads that it’s laughable

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
You did read the sentence after right? He was saying when he heads that it’s laughable
Correct. I did. That's what I was getting at. I'm not agreeing with such people. I'm pointing out he's addressing them, and it's as if he read this thread and is responding to Said people.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
RG, if you are reading this thread... I haven't said one negative thing about your cars. Can you bounce all the haters in here to the back of the line and set me up with one of the first run cars?😁 Right in line after LOF would be just fine👍

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The difference between Fanbois and “Haters” is Fanbois bought into the hype/marketing and promise and the Haters didn’t.

I hope you Fanboi investors get everything you want and “allow” those who aren’t waiting to comment without calling us “Haters”

Your zeal is understandable but your thin skin is as tiring to us as our comments are to you 🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.