WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As far as the rental homes thing, it was a conversation that I had with LOF. I had called Karla (Todd Romanos wife) to make sure one of my Soeed cars had the bundle package to get the belt temp sensors and other things. We got to talking briefly and she asked me if I was the guy with a. Real estate thing I said yes.. apparently another speed car owner has a large rental thing out here, I explained we didn’t do that, but we are in the biz so I could probably help.

She told me they were looking to rent some houses between Oct - Nov so the team could be in havasu for all these deliveries.

It wasn’t really supposed to be a public conversation, but in LOF’s defense I didn’t really tell him to keep it private either..

That said the cars are coming whether the haters like it or not.

RD

Santee_Native

Reaction score
For the ones worried about carb.

Attachments

• 3C9CCDB9-7AA2-4714-A8F3-4FB94CA9CEBD.jpeg
    3C9CCDB9-7AA2-4714-A8F3-4FB94CA9CEBD.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 174

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Cars can‘t be registered in CA until cert is issued. Wonder how long that will take. Could delay CA owners ability to take delivery.

CA owners should register it in AZ when they pick it up in Havasu and move on with life if they are not issued by October.

CA used to update certs a few times a year. With the current climate, who knows. I was unable to find certs for the Pro R when it came out.. but they are there now.

Reactions: DWC

Santee_Native

Reaction score
CA owners should register it in AZ when they pick it up in Havasu and move on with life if they are not issued by October.

CA used to update certs a few times a year. With the current climate, who knows. I was unable to find certs for the Pro R when it came out.. but they are there now.
How would one do that asking for a friend?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe that was one of the hold ups? What if they are expecting them any day now? 🤔

What if it is just a CA bureaucracy problem? The CARB site was lacking/behind for over a year.

Even now it says the posted records for certs are incomplete.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How would one do that asking for a friend?

Super easy. Walk into AZ MVD with your sales paperwork. Literally pick an address on the street, use a friends AZ address, they don’t check residency when you register a vehicle. Then have the mailing address as your CA address.

You’d end up paying them taxes and fees if we don’t pay Speed the taxes and fees. You then get a AZ MC plate and the off-road sticker which is 100% legal for use off road in CA.

Singleton

Reaction score
Super easy. Walk into AZ MVD with your sales paperwork. Literally pick an address on the street, use a friends AZ address, they don’t check residency when you register a vehicle. Then have the mailing address as your CA address.

You’d end up paying them taxes and fees if we don’t pay Speed the taxes and fees. You then get a AZ MC plate and the off-road sticker which is 100% legal for use off road in CA.

So commit fraud to register a vehicle.

DLC

Reaction score
So commit fraud to register a vehicle.
I have 2 good friends that bought 2 - $12,000 ( each ) KTM motorecycles in San Diego and didn’t get any registration, no stickers nothing From the state.

are You sure Ca wants your registration $$$

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score

Ok. So az MC plate is legal in cal off road. I really didnt know this.
If anyone needs a az address i can hook you up.....1 thousandddddd dollars is all it takes. Nothings free when your skirting the law

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Same as the fraud committed with boat registrations.

Don’t register it at all then, or don’t even buy one.
A boat you can register as a non resident and still have the registration address as a Ca address. Cost more to do so versus resident. Lol picking some random Joe’s address is gonna raise a red flag when the actual resident opens their mailbox. 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does this thread make it to 50 pages before units hit the street?

At the current rate no. 😂

I could say Robby Gordon said the sun will come up tomorrow, and get another 3 pages of arguments about how it won’t. That might help put this over the top.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have 2 good friends that bought 2 - $12,000 ( each ) KTM motorecycles in San Diego and didn’t get any registration, no stickers nothing From the state.

are You sure Ca wants your registration $$$
I had to register and pay in cal THEN pay again in AZ
Bought can am in escondido

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A boat you can register as a non resident and still have the registration address as a Ca address. Cost more to do so versus resident. Lol picking some random Joe’s address is gonna raise a red flag when the actual resident opens their mailbox. 😂

Why would they when the mailing address for all correspondence for the vehicle is your home address in CA.

I didn’t say I’d pick some random address, but you can do it. You can also get a UPS box that has an actual address, or just use a friend or family members address.

There is no such thing as non resident registration for vehicles in AZ.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

Why would they when the mailing address for all correspondence for the vehicle is your home address in CA.

I didn’t say I’d pick some random address, but you can do it. You can also get a UPS box that has an actual address, or just use a friend or family members address.

Lol fine to be more specific you said Literally pick an address on the street. Remember some on this site will take your sarcasm seriously. 🤣

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol fine to be more specific you said Literally pick an address on the street. Remember some on this site will take your sarcasm seriously. 🤣

What I remember is they won’t read the next sentence where I said make the mailing address your CA address, and then argue with me about what a “mailing address” is :)

Last edited:

TrollerDave

Reaction score

1660712761054.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I had to register and pay in cal THEN pay again in AZ
Bought can am in escondido
I did the same thing! We bought at the same dealership In escondido

i have been paying for a Ca green sticker, even though it’s plated in Az.
just in case we hit up Ocotillo….

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
hmmm? Strange, I just registered a trailer I purchased in AZ last spring without residency. Did not use our AZ address, did not make any false claims about residency, and used our Montana address and driver's licenses. We have since re-registered in the home state of Montana, but it was a permanent AZ license plate. I could have left it alone, but we paid twice in order to align our registration with our DLs.

Perhaps because of a trailer?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
hmmm? Strange, I just registered a trailer I purchased in AZ last spring without residency. Did not use our AZ address, did not make any false claims about residency, and used our Montana address and driver's licenses. We have since re-registered in the home state of Montana, but it was a permanent AZ license plate. I could have left it alone, but we paid twice in order to align our registration with our DLs.

Perhaps because of a trailer?

Could be, that is even more interesting. But when a government agency is collecting fees they become very accommodating. Now that I am thinking about it I think the lady asked me if I wanted to use my CA address when I registered a car in AZ. I had just given her my CA DL. I remember thinking that was a weird question, and your comment triggered my memory.

Either way you don’t have to make any false claims of residency. They ask where the car is stored, and where you want the stuff for the car mailed. They don’t check either address to verify you live there, you don’t have to live there.

Maybe they will take an out of state address for where the car resides.. I never tried.

Now if you are trying to finance the car and do this.. you may have other problems. But no one finances anything on RDP.

Roosky01

Reaction score
If you can take advantage of the register in AZ and live in CA scenario, why in the heck wouldn’t you do it?

Have you guys ever wondered why you see all the diesel pushers and super cars with Montana plates all over the Country? Take advantage of the loop holes and live your damn life!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I did the same thing! We bought at the same dealership In escondido

i have been paying for a Ca green sticker, even though it’s plated in Az.
just in case we hit up Ocotillo….

Wtf? Lol. I bought my can am at ride now in Escondido…. When California sent me their registration stuff I threw it in the trash, and just registered it in AZ??

Why would you pay California reg?

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Bought rzr new in Cali. In 2016 and 2021 paid cali sticker and then did street legal in AZ.
It was $500 in 2021 for street legal and I'm a AZ resident..(wifey is cali resident)
I asked why so much and they said because the value of it... this year tags have dropped to $300.

The cali off road tag is good till 2023 then I won't renew it.. I guess you have tell dealer not to do off-road sticker in cali when new. It was like $32 if I remember correctly.. no biggy...

We get stuff all the time from cali tryn to extort more money from us.
I send them copy of my dl and proof of residency.
then after a few more letters I wrote in bold letters do your job and check your system for history of said item...
Then they stop sending letters.
Yes we both are on titles together.. in both states..
So cali see's that she's cali dl and send letters.
AZ shares info with cali..

EPL

Reaction score

Not quite that easy ! There is also the issue with insurance and if your getting a loan !

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is RDP no one gets loans remember.

And yes I already mentioned that. This whole dialogue was in response to if you can’t register the cars in CA yet, which we don’t even know if that will be an issue.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
SpeedUTV went live last night, they were testing a car around a track at night. Said they would be there all night taking turns driving.

Robby said they will have surprises at SSSS and customer cars, but also mentioned that customers would have their cars within 60 days, maybe give or take a couple days.

CARB/EPA was completed months ago. Speed is just waiting for CARB to complete their internal process, but Speed is all good! (CARB does not list until cars are ready to be sold, and took months after the ProbR was released to get on the Carb site. Carb is very behind, but does not stop release of vehicles)

35 inch tires along with other items will be available at Sand Show.

Robby commented on tires & cars will being available in Havasu.

Robby has another big announcement to make at the Sand Show.

4 RGM built Speed UTV “Works” cars will be racing at the Baja 1000.

I'm also not 100% they are still in Asia, there appeared to be a child in the passenger seat, and while they are stopped for a brief moment, there's the word "Arena" in the background. That's the first time we've seen any English writing while he's been at the HiSun facility.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
SpeedUTV went live last night, they were testing a car around a track at night. Said they would be there all night taking turns driving.

Robby said they will have surprises at SSSS and customer cars, but also mentioned that customers would have their cars within 60 days, maybe give or take a couple days.

CARB/EPA was completed months ago. Speed is just waiting for CARB to complete their internal process, but Speed is all good! (CARB does not list until cars are ready to be sold, and took months after the ProbR was released to get on the Carb site. Carb is very behind, but does not stop release of vehicles)

35 inch tires along with other items will be available at Sand Show.

Robby commented on tires & cars will being available in Havasu.

Robby has another big announcement to make at the Sand Show.

4 RGM built Speed UTV “Works” cars will be racing at the Baja 1000.

I'm also not 100% they are still in Asia, there appeared to be a child in the passenger seat, and while they are stopped for a brief moment, there's the word "Arena" in the background. That's the first time we've seen any English writing while he's been at the HiSun facility.

Cool stuff!!

We went from we will never get the cars, they will never be at SSSS, to Hisun stole the car, and Speed is out of business, to Speed debuting cars at SSSS pretty quickly huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.