WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We said all this info earlier, but the hold up is the rubber stamp from CARB and EPA. They are making cars for customers now. They have 100+ units.
Could they sell the vehicles in a kit form? I'm sure then registration becomes an issue, but throw a short course body kit on it and register it as a Ranger ;)

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So what is it you are seeing that is forged? Everything i see is stamped or cold roll tubing. There is also a part that is cast, but nothing here looks to be forged.

Outer main trailing arm mount (the big one) is a forged steel piece.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
We said all this info earlier, but the hold up is the rubber stamp from CARB and EPA. They are making cars for customers now. They have 100+ units.
You think I want to read 50 pages of back and forth bullshit. I asked you because you know the answer and it saves me time

So have any dates been claimed now? Or it’s just when carb and epa say it’s ok which can be who knows

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

Does anyone, other than Speed, know exactly where these hypothetical 100+ cars are?

I say hypothetical only because Speed has lost a fair amount of credibility with their pronouncements.

Are they still in China? Mexico?

Did they ship sub assemblies and finish them in Texas and the cars are there?

Honestly, that Speed would claim delivery was imminent knowing full well they were lacking final sign off by two government agencies, one Federal and one, God forbid, California is just plain irresponsible. Few things move slower than the government unless they are trying to collect money.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Could they sell the vehicles in a kit form? I'm sure then registration becomes an issue, but throw a short course body kit on it and register it as a Ranger ;)
You think I want to read 50 pages of back and forth bullshit. I asked you because you know the answer and it saves me time

So have any dates been claimed now? Or it’s just when carb and epa say it’s ok which can be who knows

They are saying late Oct - November ish.

Gordon told me personally they are just waiting on the cert issue. Showed me some pics on his phone from Fri morning on the actual line. Looked like 8-12 cars they were working on and these were above and beyond what was already built.

He said they will be built in 2 factories on 2 continents.

There is someone in Mexico that took delivery of a car and posted it on IG.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Where was the wall tap that broke it in the video? I just have missed it?
I must have missed it too… so weird, someone here was arguing earlier that any sxs would break if it hit the wall like the speed car did… except it never hit the wall.

Steering ackerman looks off in those videos too. Looks like it’s fighting itself to turn. Interesting.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does anyone, other than Speed, know exactly where these hypothetical 100+ cars are?

I say hypothetical only because Speed has lost a fair amount of credibility with their pronouncements.

Are they still in China? Mexico?

Did they ship sub assemblies and finish them in Texas and the cars are there?

Honestly, that Speed would claim delivery was imminent knowing full well they were lacking final sign off by two government agencies, one Federal and one, God forbid, California is just plain irresponsible. Few things move slower than the government unless they are trying to collect money.

No, so there is not even any point in speculation. At this point they may be on a boat by now, they may be in China, they may be stateside already (probably least likely).

I’m in the minority but I could give 2 shits where they are. Give me a 30-60 day notice and tell me where to pick it up. I didn’t sign up to be their supply chain and logistics coordinator.

And also no one knows when the Mexican factory is coming online. All their press releases said they were producing 4000 units by the end of the year out of that facility.

When these start coming, they will come pretty fast it seems like.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Guess im checking some welds and mounts tomorrow.

Did you catch the video comment from gordon at the end?
'How bad is that going to look?'

Well.....ummm. that a tad shorter than the 135' his co-owner claimed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Officially it’s 0’ if it’s broken on the launch. 🤣

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Here's the video of the run when that rear arm breaks.

At 2:40 you can see it had some serious camber issues, even before that it was questionable. The jump wasn't the problem, but the three motion probably did it in. Would have slid on dirt, and probably been fine for a bit.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

Not sure what mods you have already done, but this video is a pretty good starting point of things to look for and the different things you can buy to fix them.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
No, so there is not even any point in speculation. At this point they may be on a boat by now, they may be in China, they may be stateside already (probably least likely).

I’m in the minority but I could give 2 shits where they are. Give me a 30-60 day notice and tell me where to pick it up. I didn’t sign up to be their supply chain and logistics coordinator.

And also no one knows when the Mexican factory is coming online. All their press releases said they were producing 4000 units by the end of the year out of that facility.

When these start coming, they will come pretty fast it seems like.

I agree there is no point in speculation as that just creates additional confusion and misunderstanding.

The irresponsibility in not being more clear on delivery/production status is when they make comments that lead buyers to believe their car is going to be ready within days, weeks or even a couple months, those buyers begin to make financial arrangements earlier than needed. Even you stated your RZR would be up for sale shortly.

You, and possibly many others may end up selling their current cars early and go an extended time without being able to enjoy riding. Many may make financial adjustments elsewhere in order to have cash ready.

If Speed has knowledge of a more accurate timeline for true delivery then it's really incumbent on them to correct false information that may be out there.
It's the right thing to do, not necessarily the easy thing.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
They are saying late Oct - November ish.

Gordon told me personally they are just waiting on the cert issue. Showed me some pics on his phone from Fri morning on the actual line. Looked like 8-12 cars they were working on and these were above and beyond what was already built.

He said they will be built in 2 factories on 2 continents.

There is someone in Mexico that took delivery of a car and posted it on IG.
Said customer in Mexico
3A431EB8-3F7B-400A-9098-CF8117500F06.jpeg

Bajastu

Reaction score
If the cars do not have EPA or CARB stickers, they won’t even be allowed into the US. Maybe locked up in a duty free zone but EPA does not mess around.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
At 2:40 you can see it had some serious camber issues, even before that it was questionable. The jump wasn't the problem, but the three motion probably did it in. Would have slid on dirt, and probably been fine for a bit.
How many offroad exposures to rough terrain and jumps would one expect for a production sxs.
Don't think that jump was over done, sucks it broke though

JayBreww

Reaction score
How many offroad exposures to rough terrain and jumps would one expect for a production sxs.
When listening to it, it sounded a little rough turning. Almost like binding.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When listening to it, it sounded a little rough turning. Almost like binding.
I think that's just the tire squeal of small dirt tire on asphalt. The spooled trucks bark more. Same thing though, a lot of angry parts trying to keep tires spinning same speed on inner and outer rears.
I don't think it was over done at all. I think it was wounded coming in, and chose the most inopportune time to take a shit. Murphy hits everyone, even RG.

702sandman

Reaction score
Cars can’t be delivered because they have not been rubber stamped by EPA and CARB

Based on IG some folks in Mexico have taken delivery of one.

Can they be delivered in AZ or NV ? because I know my friend in the top 10 would drive to either state to get it ?

702sandman

Reaction score
When we were racing WORCS there was a couple XX racing with us and they would both break that tab off regularly, there’s a ton of stress on that inner tab. My Buckshot has a similar set up and it’s a huge heim and fully boxed in, Andrew had a couple fail so he made it way beefier and never looked back. Hopefully RG can beef this up.

schweeng

Reaction score
I'd think before the motor and all that goes into it - parts, assembly systems, manufacturing of said parts that CARB would already be in the rear-view mirror? How do you build something like this and then asks a government body to approve... what if they have to make huge changes to be compliant? Prototypes... get approved then you go to the line and build.... are they doing it backwards? Does said ship in the middle of the Pacific that has these 100 cars turn around and go back to China and wait for the fix/ change order to become compliant?

Reactions: EPL

Singleton

Reaction score
I'd think before the motor and all that goes into it - parts, assembly systems, manufacturing of said parts that CARB would already be in the rear-view mirror? How do you build something like this and then asks a government body to approve... what if they have to make huge changes to be compliant? Prototypes... get approved then you go to the line and build.... are they doing it backwards? Does said ship in the middle of the Pacific that has these 100 cars turn around and go back to China and wait for the fix/ change order to become compliant?

RG stated the car passed CARB testing, but was pending the cert being issued and released. That was apx. 2 months ago. Not sure what EPA certs they are pending. That list is long, but usually if you pass CARB, ERP is easy.

If any rework has to be done, you are looking at 2023 before a car is released to the public.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yes cars have passed but waiting for paper rubber stamp (makes it official)

Polaris had the same issue with the pro r was delayed a year

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

They did that. Fuel tanks were tested 2 years ago for instance.

They are trying to do this fast.. it has been 3 years from state of company to ready to release a product.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think that's just the tire squeal of small dirt tire on asphalt. The spooled trucks bark more. Same thing though, a lot of angry parts trying to keep tires spinning same speed on inner and outer rears.

I don't think it was over done at all. I think it was wounded coming in, and chose the most inopportune time to take a shit. Murphy hits everyone, even RG.

This. The car was wounded before it left it’s spot in the booth.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They are weeks to months out. I’m gonna say if you are # 1500 or higher. You are not getting a car in the southwest usable season. Under its still a maybe. But Halloween is looking pretty slim chance right now

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Standby, he'll twist his words where he said both, but then didn't say both. Next thing you know you're a hater, troll, and are completely wrong.

Standby, he'll twist his words where he said both, but then didn't say both. Next thing you know you're a hater, troll, and are completely wrong.

You are getting the hang of this finally! Running these turds off one by one.

Try to keep up-

Car was previously broken and fixed poorly in the desert. It’s been wounded since then, started failing during use, then finally broke.

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
You are getting the hang of this finally!

Try to keep up-

Car was previously broken and fixed poorly in the desert. It’s been wounded since then, started failing during use, then finally broke.
Just like you've been touting how this car is far superior then like 10 posts ago you said you never said it is far superior...get ahold of yourself man.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Keep us posted on the trip.

Was also going to post up looking for a car soon. If anyone knows of one available let me know. Should be a flood for sales with all the Speed cars being delivered at the SSSS This weekend.

I’m going to be listing my RZR here pretty quick. If you want a fun reliable car that won’t break the bank, pretty hard to hear what I have.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I don't understand why they would bust out a "wounded car" to showoff to a large audience that maybe half of them are begging for it to fail, makes no sense to me....they had over a half dozen cars to choose from and they take one thats supposedly been "trail fixed"??

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't understand why they would bust out a "wounded car" to showoff to a large audience that maybe half of them are begging for it to fail, makes no sense to me....they had over a half dozen cars to choose from and they take one thats supposedly been "trail fixed"??

That was a dumb move to be sure.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I went to the show on Friday. Overall kind of bored with it. We all know is the SxS super show. The buggy builders are boring to me at this point. Funcos are beautiful but haven't changed anything in years. Its the same $300k sand car it was last year. Same with Tatum. The new KRX is just the TRX with a few body changes. Both cool cars but nothing new, nothing wow. Can am needs a redesign here soon. Their cars look tiny compared to the rest. The Pro R is massive. They are taller than our sand cars. It will be interesting to see how they work in the dunes and dirt. Now for Speed. Honestly I don't get the hype. Are they beefier than the rest? sure I will give them that. Do I see the Ultimate SxS that is going to change the industry and take it over? absolutely not. Some one tell me whats the Wow factor. The best part of the whole car is the shifting. Being able to change gears would be cool in the dunes. Other than that what is there? Cool screens? Polaris has that. Crazy travel? Can am and Polaris have that. Insane power? The Pro R has that. The best suspension out there? I wasn't impressed watching them in the fox area. The toe, camber, and bump steer looked all over the place. Not saying Polaris and Can am don't do the same thing but Speed does it too so really where is the game changing shit that RG keeps talking about? Having my entire front suspension mount to the diff is an automatic no for me. I hit a rock and bent my arms and mounts? I don't just buy new arms and bend and repair the mounts. I now have to buy a whole fucking Diff? makes no sense to me but hey I'm not a car builder I just like driving them. Now the car breaking when he was in the fox area, I totally get it. Pre production car, old weld that had been repaired, blahh blahh blahh. Its fine, I saw the pictures. It was definitely a repaired car so no big deal. The real question I have is why the hell are you doing all the driving in an old production car? we've seen videos of the pre production car for years. Get in a supposed PRODUCTION car and show us it runs, drives, and does everything your promising. I had a little hope and excitement for the car but after looking at it I feel its the same shit as every other SXS. Nothing new, nothing ground breaking, nothing that is going to change the industry or take over

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just like you've been touting how this car is far superior then like 10 posts ago you said you never said it is far superior...get ahold of yourself man.

It is superior. I don’t have to spend $20k on it after I buy it. That is why it is superior for me and what I do. That is all I have ever said. I never said it won’t break.

Why are you so worried about it anyway? 😂

I was told 8 months ago when the best car on the market (the Pro R) started braking that it was in bad taste to point out failures and mock them.

And now the same people are mocking the failures of a Speed car… 😂.

You guys are so predictable.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Probably the only one that actually runs?

Nordie

Reaction score
It is superior. I don’t have to spend $20k on it after I buy it. That is why it is superior for me and what I do. That is all I have ever said. I never said it won’t break.

Why are you so worried about it anyway? 😂

I was told 8 months ago when the best car on the market (the Pro R) started braking that it was in bad taste to point out failures and mock them.

And now the same people are mocking the failures of a Speed car… 😂.

You guys are so predictable.
Did you mean breaking?

The deal with you is if no one agrees with you that they're haters and trolls. People have legitimate questions and you bring everyone down. You're actually the true definition of a troll.

The car broke, and looking at the picture of the mount that's not good. If I was to buy one I'd probably be looking at reinforcing the chasis with a fabricator.

I do agree that all cars are going to break, but honestly it's not a good look. I know you want to defend your investment, but you don't always have to be right even when you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.