WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So Robby told me my first car should he delivered around Halloween. Todd told me early November so somewhere between there for spot 113
Robby told me he doesnt know the ETA for these. And couldnt give me an accurate timeline since it was a carb/epa issue?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Let go of whatever problem you have. Show me where on the doll I hurt you?

What problem with a person you haven't met that has not affected your life in any way could you possibly have?
FFS....your timing is impecable.....haha

See my last prior post

This isn't going to be easy it seems....

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Short one is mechanical 2wd 4wd and front diff lock lever.

Tall one is the sequential shifter that will go through all gears - P-R-N-L-H-OD

Ah cool, didn't realize the t-case actuation was done with a lever. Has to be a first in SxS world to not have electric motors? Can it be done on the fly?

Second question, can anyone who's sat in one comment on the driver ergonomics? My biggest complain on the XX was that the steering wheel was ridiculously far away so I installed a spacer on the hub and a deep dish steering wheel.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Ah cool, didn't realize the t-case actuation was done with a lever. Has to be a first in SxS world to not have electric motors? Can it be done on the fly?

Second question, can anyone who's sat in one comment on the driver ergonomics? My biggest complain on the XX was that the steering wheel was ridiculously far away so I installed a spacer on the hub and a deep dish steering wheel.
I sat in the Drivers seat, GREAT ergonomics for me. Felt like I was sitting in a smaller version of a Trophy Truck. Im 6ft and 200lbs

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Thank you for at least putting some thought into the response.

I'll start out by pointing out that this shit show is the most viewed thread on the site. It is a side show. A side show that people view religiously. They say they hate it yet don't turn away. I find that fascinating, and half of the reason I even participate is when something like this comes up is to ask "Why did you click on the thread in the first place for the 42nd day in a row if you are so sick of it?" I will also say that some people take this personally, I have no idea why. It is banter on the internet. There is probably only 3 people on this site I would not sit down and have a beer with. And they aren't the 3 you'd think. The lengths people will go to tell me I'm wrong is comical. The things they will say or rationalize in one thread that are completely incongruent with their stance in another thread keeps me coming back. To some degree I do it as well at times, especially when I have a fish on the line.

I've never claimed to be the victim of anything related to this forum. Lets' take the recent bans a few months ago. Did you see me complaining? No. I knew exactly what was going to happen because everyone was told what was going to happen. Who complained? Who asked for exception to be taken even after the gauntlet was thrown down? - The people that cant admit they were also acting like children right along with me. No I am no victim, but that does not mean I won't point out my experiences. All I ask is that people hold them selves to the same standards they hold me to. Don't be a hypocrite and say I'm acting like a child as you yourself act like one to me. - FYI I am not referencing "you" here.

I've never said I'm smarter than anyone, but you can choose what you want to believe from my tone. My tone is not always positive, it is not always negative. Read through the lounge. There are dozens of posters with the same tones daily. You or anyone else does not have to read my posts or theirs. You can ignore them, and ignore me. Take a look around, the forum is full of cheap shots, all day every day. I've been on the receiving end of plenty of them. I've dished them out for sure. Find where I've called people direct names, insulted their family, job, boat, given name or anything else. I won't say it hasn't happened ever, but is extremely rare. I was a moderator here for a year and saw all of it. Half of the posts here are "holier than thou" or "I know better" in nature. Everyone is always right, and never wrong. Everyone tattles on everyone else. Its a preschool for middle aged men. I'm just running around the playground.

The car - If you don't like it because of me, don't buy one I guess. That seems an illogical leap to make, since I didn't design, build, market, test, or sell the car. The tab and its assembly are claimed to be forged by Speed, I claimed the tab IS radiused around the cage, exactly as you indicated. The pictures prove that it is indeed radiused around the mating surface. That is what I claimed initially. It is not gusseted, I did not argue with you that maybe that could be stronger. The Sideliners are the ones that said no I was wrong, it was not a radiused tab, and was a flat bracket welded to a round tube and "filled in with weld". We now have proof that was in fact wrong from pictures this morning, it is clearly a radiused tab. To be honest I don't know what we are still talking about there other than armchair engineering. You say it could be stronger, sure it could always be stronger. I say I'll leave it to the people that have decades in experience with such things, and it is probably going to be fine for my needs, and it is at least as strong as most if not all the cars on the market.

I'm not a off road car designer, I don't know if you are. Speed has had this rear suspension design out in one form or another for 7+ years. I figure they know how to make it work, don't you? If you don't believe that piece is forged as Speed says it is, take it up with them. Maybe it isnt, and RG was talking out of his ass. I was just relaying what they said in their video. I was not 100% sure yesterday, if it was ALL forged brackets or just the outers. Again I was called out for that. Confirmed today that Speed claims all 4 of those bracket are forged pieces integrated into the chassis. You can choose to believe that or not. I have nothing to add beyond what they have said on this one.

As far as changing my words there, they haven't changed, it is all still there, go read it and quote it. Today there are pictures and documentation supporting most of what I said. I'm not smarter than anyone else in this area, I just watched the videos because I care to be informed about the product because I have an interest in it.

If you have had enough, tell the other participants to also practice what they preach, and put us all on ignore. Or just put me on ignore and ask Whatexit for information on the car when you are curious.

If it isn't obvious already, If you don't talk shit to me, I wont talk shit to you. I have plenty of positive interactions with people here frequently and daily. I even have normal conversations with people I go back and forth with who seem to not take things personally. LunaticFringe is one.

Again, Thank you for a reasoned response.

I resent this.
There is very little "normal" about me or my conversations. 😵‍💫

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, how do some of you guys get any work done? Your employers must love you!! 🤦‍♂️ o_O

The lost productivity!!! Oy Vey!! 😆
work from home, play on rdp all day then clock in OT after my 8 hour day actually work. Why do you think a tank cost what it cost lmao

Nordie

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, how do some of you guys get any work done? Your employers must love you!! 🤦‍♂️ o_O

The lost productivity!!! Oy Vey!! 😆
Not when you get to work at 3 or 4 am...I have all afternoon 👍

ZSTIV

Reaction score
I sat in the Drivers seat, GREAT ergonomics for me. Felt like I was sitting in a smaller version of a Trophy Truck. Im 6ft and 200lbs
I agree, ergonomics are great in that car. The seats are also very comfortable.

attitude

Reaction score
Stealing RDs pic.

Don’t know much about fabrication or geometry angles but this interior is far above any other SXS. The tall sequential just looks bad ass as well.

3B89030C-DCA7-469B-80E7-740294139C85.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I don't remember if it is shift on the fly 4wd or not.

I am 6'3, 34" inseam. I wanted the steering wheel tilted down, I could not find the lever but it seems to have a tilt mechanism. Distance to the wheel seemed OK, I didn't get the sense it was too far away other than tilted up too high. I could reach everything on the dash easily. Pedals felt like they were where they should be and the shifters were right at hand.

Nice thing is that the wheel already has a standard MOMO 6 hole pattern so a spacer, or wheel replacement would be cheap.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Did you find the tilt lever :)

One thing about these cars.. they are freaking DARK inside when there is little light. Dome light is needed for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Quick story.. I was standing next to one of the cars and there is a guy standing there messing with one of the doors.. he said “look at this it’s terrible” because he could pull it back and forth about 3/4 of ah inch..

I grabbed the door opened it and shut it completely and now that it was actually latched it didn’t move at all. Lol.

I don’t know why everyone is so quick to try and be negative.. but that little story pretty much sums up this thread and others like it.

In person if you compared them side by side with anything else out there they are extremely impressive.

This. There was a Pro R and a Can Am in their booth. At a minimum it is at least as good as either of them.

I struggle to understand why these are constantly compared to modern $100K+ hand built cars. Its a $40K SXS just like the other $40K SXS. You just wont have to spend $20K on it after you buy it.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Stealing RDs pic.

Don’t know much about fabrication or geometry angles but this interior is far above any other SXS. The tall sequential just looks bad ass as well.

View attachment 1156014

General ergos seem to be a carbon copy of XX, I understand I am the weirdo and like to have the wheel closer than most. My rule of the thumb is to be able to rest my wrists on the top of the wheel with relaxed elbows.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
but we heard it from robby himself. you were standing right there too

So did 100 other people that they talked to. How many nuances do we need to go through to get back to the consensus that they are saying we are ~6 weeks out.

Baja 1000 is coming up and dirtslinger was told “it’s gonna be really close” by Todd.

That is 2 stories from both owners of Speed to people with early orders that seem to jive. That is good enough for me at this point

Then layer that in with they are working on “dozens” more cars with the pics I saw on his phone… and MX assembly will be coming online.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
So did 100 other people that they talked to. How many nuances do we need to go through to get back to the consensus that they are saying we are ~6 weeks out.

Baja 1000 is coming up and dirtslinger was told “it’s gonna be really close” by Todd.

That is 2 stories from both owners of Speed to people with early orders that seem to jive. That is good enough for me at this point

Then layer that in with they are working on “dozens” more cars with the pics I saw on his phone… and MX assembly will be coming online.

The "Hecho en Mexico" cars should be exciting.

Are buyers allowed to keep any excess Fentanyl they find packed in the tubing of the chassis?

Could be a great marketing slogan.

Speed cars!
Now with extra Fentanilo!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Robby told me he doesnt know the ETA for these. And couldnt give me an accurate timeline since it was a carb/epa issue?

What master number did you give him? Maybe that was the issue. He asked me I told him and he said Halloween would be close but possible. Todd said mid November..

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I only talked to Robby for 20 seconds.. when I was talking to Todd and the other staff they knew what it is.. if you google speed utv is comes up in the top three.. lol

It shows up on page 5 for me on google.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It shows up on page 5 for me on google.

Yeah you are right.. the old thread was top three but I locked it so it has fallen off.. if I wanted to be top Three it’s just a thread title away…

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What master number did you give him? Maybe that was the issue. He asked me I told him and he said Halloween would be close but possible. Todd said mid November..

None. He pointed to me and said “he’s got a car” and I said “2 actually” and Ian no longer existed 😂. He showed me some pics of his phone of the assembly line from that morning and talked about the timeline for more cars.

He actually looked me in the eyes and said “Thank you for your support and patience”

I told him I’m happy we are close and I know it has been a long road. I should have asked when MX was coming online, but I didn’t.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The "Hecho en Mexico" cars should be exciting.

Are buyers allowed to keep any excess Fentanyl they find packed in the tubing of the chassis?

Could be a great marketing slogan.

Speed cars!
Now with extra Fentanilo!!

Was it TonyKart in the 80s that was sneaking coke in the country inside go kart frames? 😂

Reactions: EPL

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
You mean like Polaris has? So much for being a superior product.
No I mean like doing it correct no matter what company it is. This is what you should see on an oem turbo setup. I don’t care what other sxs do. This is how it’s done in the automotive world that exists beyond this purse swinging cult of rdp

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No I mean like doing it correct no matter what company it is. This is what you should see on an oem turbo setup. I don’t care what other sxs do. This is how it’s done in the automotive world that exists beyond this purse swinging cult of rdp

You mean like single use spring clamps? Fuck that shit.

If we are down to criticizing Speed for using worm gear clamps on a demo engine, or the actual production engine for that matter, you guys are close out of ideas here. 😂

attitude

Reaction score
General ergos seem to be a carbon copy of XX, I understand I am the weirdo and like to have the wheel closer than most. My rule of the thumb is to be able to rest my wrists on the top of the wheel with relaxed elbows.
Most people use the wrist on steering wheel length as a basis for a more race ready position. I like to be far enough away from the wheel to turn it 180 degrees without my arms binding up.

JFMFG

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont I would like to hear your response to @JLG614 post a few pages back. Since you decided to bite back at everyone but him do you feel he has valid points?

buck35

Reaction score
None. He pointed to me and said “he’s got a car” and I said “2 actually” and Ian no longer existed 😂. He showed me some pics of his phone of the assembly line from that morning and talked about the timeline for more cars.

He actually looked me in the eyes and said “Thank you for your support and patience”

I told him I’m happy we are close and I know it has been a long road. I should have asked when MX was coming online, but I didn’t.
Yellow boat is this you? Lil yella fella.

riverroyal

Reaction score

He actually looked me in the eyes and said “Thank you for your support and patience your place on my nuts is secured forever'

Fixed it

counterpart7

Reaction score
My post may have come off wrong, I agree with you. Just pointing out that even Polaris has T bolt clamps like they should be!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I wish they could because I am waiting for one. I am am car 2046 so I won't be seeing mine until next year...
Finally someone thats realistic!
Good news is maybe the guys in front of you can shake out any issues

Status
Not open for further replies.