WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBreww

Reaction score
They can't give an exact date because they are waiting for the Carb/EPA certs
That didn’t stop them before when they gave exact dates without the Certs?
Remember hearing deliveries will be done at SSSS.
How’d that go for them?
I guess they could use that for next years show as well.

Reactions: EPL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How’d that go for them?

I have never heard they were delivering anything at SSSS

riverroyal

Reaction score
I heard they were delivering at ssss.
I read it here. On RDP/TMZ for breaking news.
Really, only place i follow speed anything is on here.

So is production stopped until this carb deal is done? Cant be.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I heard they were delivering at ssss.
I read it here. On RDP/TMZ for breaking news.
Really, only place i follow speed anything is on here.

So is production stopped until this carb deal is done? Cant be.

I’m pretty sure ya didn’t.. unless it was incorrect information someone else posted.

Speed has been saying since they got the Hastings building that their intention was to do deliveries there at first..

JayBreww

Reaction score
SpeedUTV went live last night, they were testing a car around a track at night. Said they would be there all night taking turns driving.

Robby said they will have surprises at SSSS and customer cars, but also mentioned that customers would have their cars within 60 days, maybe give or take a couple days.

CARB/EPA was completed months ago. Speed is just waiting for CARB to complete their internal process, but Speed is all good! (CARB does not list until cars are ready to be sold, and took months after the ProbR was released to get on the Carb site. Carb is very behind, but does not stop release of vehicles)

35 inch tires along with other items will be available at Sand Show.

Robby commented on tires & cars will being available in Havasu.

Robby has another big announcement to make at the Sand Show.

4 RGM built Speed UTV “Works” cars will be racing at the Baja 1000.

I'm also not 100% they are still in Asia, there appeared to be a child in the passenger seat, and while they are stopped for a brief moment, there's the word "Arena" in the background. That's the first time we've seen any English writing while he's been at the HiSun facility.
Sorry Dave, I remember this one but guess I was kinda wrong.
Were any of the cars at SSSS actual customer cars? If not then RG was wrong there.
And RG said 60 days (which goes with your saying) but still goes with my post regarding him giving delivery dates with no Certs.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, I remember this one but guess I was kinda wrong.
Were any of the cars at SSSS actual customer cars? If not then RG was wrong there.
And RG said 60 days (which goes with your saying) but still goes with my post regarding him giving delivery dates with no Certs.

Those cars had VINs but why would you bring customer car when you know they are going to get screwed up by people and in transit. Bunch of risk for no reward.

People were already bitching that the new cars there had some scuffs and scratches.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How’d that go for them?

You can’t deliver a car at SSSS. No one can. My friend bought a car there from a dealer and could not take delivery at the show. We asked the dealer hypothetically if you just wrote a check or gave cash and they said no.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Those cars had VINs but why would you bring customer car when you know they are going to get screwed up by people and in transit. Bunch of risk for no reward.

People were already bitching that the new cars there had some scuffs and scratches.
Why state they will have customer cars there then?
And back to the topic of my post, they still gave delivery dates with no Certs.

Reactions: EPL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Because in that same breath they said they would deliver cars at the show. If you can’t deliver, why bring them?

Can’t take delivery anyway without EPA cert, so same applies.

Icky

Reaction score
I struggle to understand why these are constantly compared to modern $100K+ hand built cars. Its a $40K SXS just like the other $40K SXS. You just wont have to spend $20K on it after you buy it.
This is what I meant when it said it's still a SXS, it's not a sandcar or a trophy truck.

Maybe because it's Robby Gordon, everyone expects trophy trucks rolling out the door or maybe it's the way he talks about them that sets the expectations high. Polaris, Yamaha and Canam had the advantage of developing a product and then letting everyone talk shit about them after they bought them. Speed has obviously been doing things differently, which is why threads like this exist. Im honesty surprised there isnt a dedicated forum already.
Love him or hate him, the guy has done more for racing and off-road than 99% of the people here ( that 1% incase there's someone here that's done more that I'm not aware of).

The cars are going to be setting the bar for the other mfgs, HP aside. The HP wars will be going on for years between them all.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Because in that same breath they said they would deliver cars at the show. If you can’t deliver, why bring them?

Can’t take delivery anyway without EPA cert, so same applies.
Wait now we’re back to they did say they were gunna deliver cars to owners at the show?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wait now we’re back to they did say they were gunna deliver cars to owners at the show?

Does it matter if we are or aren’t? They couldn’t deliver for tax and EPA/Carb reasons.

At one point I thought they said they were going to. Obviously there are several legalities associated with it so they couldn’t.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Does it matter if we are or aren’t? They couldn’t deliver for tax and EPA/Carb reasons.

At one point I thought they said they were going to. Obviously there are several legalities associated with it so they couldn’t.
Doesn’t matter, just clearing things up for my original reply.
Legalities, changes, not ready, whatever it is, RG is just spewin things out to please the audience it seems.
Also, what was his BIG announcement that he was supposed to make the show? Was it the bike?

Laguna

Reaction score

Ever been to SEMA 80 percent of cars are customers cars. Maybe use a better trucking company .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If I had to guess I “believe” they thought they would have more there then they did. I’m guessing a container or ten got stuck at the docks. Originally speed had booths all over the show when I saw the ssss maps online.

When we got they they just had the one.

Customer cars or production cars is kinda the same thing.. they did have five or six production units there.

One thing I will say is I think it was a mistake bringing the preproduction cars. There was some differences between the two.. but the crowd was confusing the end product with the prototypes etc.. I watched the guys say “yeah we fixed that come over and see on this one” probably five times in the ten minutes I was there.

I am getting my ankle replaced October 25.. if my first car shows up before haloween I believe it’s gonna sell for a number that basically makes my second car free.

I would have kept the first but not much point if I can’t drive it anyways..

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ever been to SEMA 80 percent of cars are customers cars. Maybe use a better trucking company .

Many times. How many SEMA builds are the crowds allowed to sit on, sit in, yank the steering wheel, shift the shifter, turn all the knobs, press all the buttons and bang and drag their bags of trinkets against?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I never heard that.. maybe LOF did.. ??

Again, I think they might have mentioned it a couple months ago. It sticks out but I don’t remember specifically and frankly it’s meaningless because they wouldn’t have been able to deliver there in any circumstance it sounds like.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
At the end of the day these last 56 pages have been bench racing arguments on steroids. Im looking forward to the UTV outlets performing actual head to head shootouts between the manufactures. The category that I would place the biggest bet would be the Speed UTV to dominate the short course. Until these shootouts it will be all speculation and opinions. When I was a kid I always looked forward to the dirtbike magazines at the start of the year with the new dirtbike shootouts with the pro riders.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If I had to guess I “believe” they thought they would have more there then they did. I’m guessing a container or ten got stuck at the docks. Originally speed had booths all over the show when I saw the ssss maps online.

When we got they they just had the one.

Customer cars or production cars is kinda the same thing.. they did have five or six production units there.

One thing I will say is I think it was a mistake bringing the preproduction cars. There was some differences between the two.. but the crowd was confusing the end product with the prototypes etc.. I watched the guys say “yeah we fixed that come over and see on this one” probably five times in the ten minutes I was there.

I am getting my ankle replaced October 25.. if my first car shows up before haloween I believe it’s gonna sell for a number that basically makes my second car free.

I would have kept the first but not much point if I can’t drive it anyways..

RD

I agree with you here.

The premise of bringing the old cars was good for someone like me or you that saw the old cars last year and can appreciate the improvements. For the lay person that walked up to the wrong car… the old ones appear marginal at best.

Your comment about the doors is spot on. The doors are 98% perfect if you fucking close them :)

We were talking on the way home and the car body and other panels seem to be made to a “production car” tolerance wirh gaps similar to a road car. Where a Polaris or Can am has larger gaps and more tolerance in the fit.

We will see how that works out after we shake the shit out of these things.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The Cyber Truck may get delivered first

That is a negative ghost rider.

Here’s and ugly truck that I will sell you years late, charge you more than I said for it and it won’t go as far as I told you.

You’ll be able to flip it for a profit though.

Heylam

Reaction score

Seems to have worked for boats at the boat show through the years. Customer built boats have always been featured by the builders

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Seems to have worked for boats at the boat show through the years. Customer built boats have always been featured by the builders

Speed isn’t making boats. Most boats at the show are either for sale or sold. The sold ones seem to generally be regulated as to who can check them out, how many at a time, etc.

They brought the cars they wanted to bring, to showcase what they wanted to showcase. Having 50 cars there would not have changed anything would it?

I don’t know what else there is to say.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Speed isn’t making boats. Most boats at the show are either for sale or sold. The sold ones seem to generally be regulated as to who can check them out, how many at a time, etc.

They brought the cars they wanted to bring, to showcase what they wanted to showcase. Having 50 cars there would not have changed anything would it?

Sir, I do believe you said it all.

Dan'l

Laguna

Reaction score
Many times. How many SEMA builds are the crowds allowed to sit on, sit in, yank the steering wheel, shift the shifter, turn all the knobs, press all the buttons and bang and drag their bags of trinkets

Many times. How many SEMA builds are the crowds allowed to sit on, sit in, yank the steering wheel, shift the shifter, turn all the knobs, press all the buttons and bang and drag their bags of trinkets against?
Then you would know there are cars you can sit in and others are roped off. Most if not all cars in the manufacturers booth you can sit in. But you would know this if you ever went.Your response was they would get scratches from trucking make up your mind. But either way your wrong other then you what customer wouldn't want his car in Speeds booth. People pay thousands of doallars to be in peoples booths it is a big deal.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Again, I think they might have mentioned it a couple months ago. It sticks out but I don’t remember specifically and frankly it’s meaningless because they wouldn’t have been able to deliver there in any circumstance it sounds like.

Only a few pages back, you were quite literally gloating over the fact that customer cars and deliveries would be made at the SSSS and using that as evidence of how wrong the people you called haters and uninformed were.

Now that it failed to come to pass, it's meaningless?

I'm amazed how often your bread is buttered on both sides.
Cudos to you. 👍😁

JJ McClure

Reaction score

Wow bud. You just won’t stop. Come to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show with me and we can walk onto 100 million dollar yachts all day long. No shoes allowed. Plenty of beer served.

Laguna

Reaction score
Wow bud. You just won’t stop. Come to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show with me and we can walk onto 100 million dollar yachts all day long. No shoes allowed. Plenty of beer served.
He is all about saying people can't admit when they are wrong but looks like he is the one. Making statements just to be heard.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In looking at @dirtslinger2 pic of the newer pivot assembly, it does appear that it could be forging. Watching the RG video showing said forged pieces, I couldn't see any real gains to be made aside from maintaining parallels, as he mentioned. Dirtslinger's pic is more telling, as you can see the opening in the center allowing it to be rosette welded. For those that don't know, rosette welding allows you to attach an area that would normally be left free. Instead of just the perimeter being welded, this more completes the mating of the added piece to the parent metal.

On the XX car in post #2466, we were provided with a picture of their pivot forging. This was a more complex piece. If you look, the forging is a bit more like a "TinkerToy". The piece itself serves as a fixture for the tubing. The tubing for the cagework slides over, then is welded to the forging. All things being equal, I'd think this is a stronger option. BUT, that piece was probably designed during the initial production phase. It is quite possible the new pivot pieces on the Speed Car are retrofit pieces designed to solve a problem without retooling the existing chassis.

Before I get the response, yes, I am a know-it-all...
unless my wife is involved. She's always right🤣

702sandman

Reaction score
I will tell whoever buys my other Speed car who the 3 are. :)
I asked to have a margarita with you a couple weeks ago when I was in Newport but never got a reply so maybe I’m on the black list 🤣🤣 (JK of course ) I was actually hoping to meet you at the Sand show, I love throwing jabs about the car and hopefully you never take it seriously

702sandman

Reaction score
Also when Polaris introduced The 2016 XPT they were not selling any in California because of i thought the same thing (waiting on certs) so people were traveling to vegas and Utah to buy them since they were being delivered there while they were waiting for approvals. maybe this is the same or maybe not. I thought the carb thing was only related to California sold cars ??

240Hallett

Reaction score
Also when Polaris introduced The 2016 XPT they were not selling any in California because of i thought the same thing (waiting on certs) so people were traveling to vegas and Utah to buy them since they were being delivered there while they were waiting for approvals. maybe this is the same or maybe not. I thought the carb thing was only related to California sold cars ??
Carb is California. EPA is federal?
Disclaimer, I am not an smog expert.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I asked to have a margarita with you a couple weeks ago when I was in Newport but never got a reply so maybe I’m on the black list 🤣🤣 (JK of course ) I was actually hoping to meet you at the Sand show, I love throwing jabs about the car and hopefully you never take it seriously

I think I missed that invite, but I wasn’t in town. I was just there for SSSS and work for a couple days.
I saw you at the Chupacabra booth and was gonna introduce myself, but you were talking to some folks, and our group moved on. I didn’t want to jump in on the conversation.

It’s all in good fun. And I’d enjoy grabbing a drink sometime.

And it’s the feds, - EPA is the problem. CARB is just CA as you noted.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Then you would know there are cars you can sit in and others are roped off. Most if not all cars in the manufacturers booth you can sit in. But you would know this if you ever went.Your response was they would get scratches from trucking make up your mind. But either way your wrong other then you what customer wouldn't want his car in Speeds booth. People pay thousands of doallars to be in peoples booths it is a big deal.

Take it up with speed, I’m not their event planner. Yes why would they want to bring customer cars? What would be gained? They brought their own cars.

If you don’t like the statements stop quoting me or put me on ignore.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If you wanted them to bring customer cars, come to Costa Mesa and ask Speed why they didn’t.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Only a few pages back, you were quite literally gloating over the fact that customer cars and deliveries would be made at the SSSS and using that as evidence of how wrong the people you called haters and uninformed were.

Now that it failed to come to pass, it's meaningless?

I'm amazed how often your bread is buttered on both sides.
Cudos to you. 👍😁

If delivering cars was against the law at the show, yep it’s meaningless. That was what 6 weeks ago they said it wasn’t happening. Like I said above, it was said at some point that was their intent to deliver at the show, and sometime after they said delivery was not happening there for tax reasons.

Those same uninformed haters also said there would be no new cars at the show.

So everyone was wrong on this one, and everyone can take a victory lap.

Bravo!

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont and a Margarita invite is like a fat kid and candy….it’s never passed up. 🤪🤪🤪😜 Good to see that some as able to look past differences. Most of the time we are all here at RDP to enjoy the same thing and give a little joking between each other. Some just take it too personal. 👍

Singleton

Reaction score
With recreational models years changing October 1, everyone will be getting a 2023 unicorn now :)

Old Hastings building in Havasu looks the same. If that is supposed to be the Speed Social Gathering Spot, they have a ton of work to do in a month. They have stated in the past, it will not be a dealer or a service shop. Just a showroom and ride gathering spot. That said, I judge a book by its cover and right now that cover looks like junk and makes me question how organized is the company.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
If delivering cars was against the law at the show, yep it’s meaningless. That was what 6 weeks ago they said it wasn’t happening. Like I said above, it was said at some point that was their intent to deliver at the show, and sometime after they said delivery was not happening there for tax reasons.

Those same uninformed haters also said there would be no new cars at the show.

So everyone was wrong on this one, and everyone can take a victory lap.

Bravo!

I'll have to pass on the victory lap

I'd have to run it because I still don't have my Speed car.

payday.gif

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Late at night after the rest of the house has gone to bed, I sit on the couch with an imaginary steering wheel in my hands and I quietly make engine noises.

In those brief glorious moments, yes, I have my Speed car.

Hell of a lot easier just to slap a H sticker on your RZR like I did.

Laguna

Reaction score
Take it up with speed, I’m not their event planner. Yes why would they want to bring customer cars? What would be gained? They brought their own cars.

If you don’t like the statements stop quoting me or put me on ignore.
Or you could stop talking out your ass about things you don't know. It's exact reason people don't like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.