WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tom should get some slack right now. Over the years a major contributor no matter the subject,mostly alotta laughs. Recent years he retired from his life long business,next up some personal issues, he been traveling for at least 2 years,spent time with a good friend in Florida , next up lost Roxy. Just not the same DILLIGAF.

I agree.. but there also has to be some self responsibility.. he has gotta step away and get LOF out of his head..

You can’t say I don’t want this anymore, then immediately go do the thing you said you don’t want. The last few exchanges have been no bueno.

Literally full tilt.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just to keep the thread moving with actual information from a Speed Source. Todd sent me a message this morning regarding me getting my Speed by the 2nd week of November so I can use it to Pre-run. Here's his reply to me.
Well today is over and it looks like EPA did not come in.
At least the Federal government funding bill passed this morning. If that did not pass, it would of delayed this even more, since a shutdown was going to start Monday.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don’t believe a word Todd says sorry! He has given me no reason to believe him yet. 99% of what he has said hasn’t been true and or not true at the time he said it

Why would he need to give you a reason to believe him, as you aren’t waiting on a car? This message is between Todd and one of his customers.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree.. but there also has to be some self responsibility.. he has gotta step away and get LOF out of his head..

You can’t say I don’t want this anymore, then immediately go do the thing you said you don’t want. The last few exchanges have been no bueno.

Literally full tilt.

I have respect for the man as a person but if you say yore done, just be done.

I’m done bickering with him on this issue like I stated.

DLC

Reaction score
TGIF !! Cheers guys!

Looks like a great weekend

A5562995-9262-4E68-8878-70938961133D.jpeg

Santee_Native

Reaction score
Well today is over and it looks like EPA did not come in.
At least the Federal government funding bill passed this morning. If that did not pass, it would have delayed this even more, since a shutdown was going to start Monday.
Robby just did an interview at the finish and stated the EPA cert has been received.

They lost an oil line on the race car that’s why they were in the the 4 seater.

Singleton

Reaction score
Robby just did an interview at the finish and stated the EPA cert has been received.

That is good news!
Hope CARB arrives soon, that has been pending, but I think CARB wanted EPA before releasing

intense

Reaction score

so that means everyone is getting their cars?

counterpart7

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what model year are these Speed cars going to be sold as? Ford is releasing their 2023 models, and GM has announced their 2024 HD lineup. Nash just posted their listings on Craigslist for the Speed UTV and they are listed as 2021.

Does it matter? Not sure, just curious.

Singleton

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what model year are these Speed cars going to be sold as? Ford is releasing their 2023 models, and GM has announced their 2024 HD lineup. Nash just posted their listings on Craigslist for the Speed UTV and they are listed as 2021.

Does it matter? Not sure, just curious.

Recreational model year starts 10.01, so they all should be model year 2023

Santee_Native

Reaction score
Here is the interview at the finish. Fast forward to 4:10 for epa part.

Last edited:

billy610

Reaction score
Reactions: EPL

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Just saw that. Speed is making some pretty bad decisions on how they're promoting their cars. I'm not a hater, I'm rooting for Robby to pull it off and if Speed turns out to be what everyone is hoping for I'll buy one.

I agree, not a good look. They need to slow down and make sure they are ready to show stuff off

pixrthis

Reaction score
We went to the off-road expo today and saw a Speed car in person, I have to say some of the other brand fully built cars look much better. I understand the bones of the Speed car will be better but from what I see there’s still money to be spent on the Speed car if you want it to be totally bitchen. There are some incredible builds in SXS’s and even more incredible in the off road truck world. The skills in the industry at at another level compared to the last time I paid attention.

Last edited:

JayBreww

Reaction score
Why show a car that isn't up to par ?? Why didn't they have one of there production they are suppose to have ??
I have no idea. I don’t think any of us know the real answer.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Does it really matter? If you are parading a product around that is going to sell for a premium, you should be giving your best effort to showcase that.. They haven't, and those video's are a dime a dozen out on social media.
Maybe that is their best effort 🤔

I’ve wrapped a bunch of SXSs, non of them looked that bad and none of my customers would have accepted something that bad. Not much of a premium product from what I see.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Anyone follow Robby today saying they had to upgrade the brakes running 35" tires. He had a insta post and also mentioned in a video, they used an extra set of wilwood off the race car and put them on the 4 seater. I assume they will be a speed branded option not included even on the RG but Robby is answering others questions while ducking that question from multiple people. But, but, but...wasn't it up to Robby's standards before the race? He was saying the orange car had so many miles (3500) like that was a lot to have their main car test. There will be guys putting that many miles on their cars each year. I'm doubting they have put any real amount of test miles on actual production units or we would have heard about it or seen pics other than Todd trail riding.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Anyone follow Robby today saying they had to upgrade the brakes running 35" tires. He had a insta post and also mentioned in a video, they used an extra set of wilwood off the race car and put them on the 4 seater. I assume they will be a speed branded option not included even on the RG but Robby is answering others questions while ducking that question from multiple people. But, but, but...wasn't it up to Robby's standards before the race? He was saying the orange car had so many miles (3500) like that was a lot to have their main car test. There will be guys putting that many miles on their cars each year. I'm doubting they have put any real amount of test miles on actual production units or we would have heard about it or seen pics other than Todd trail riding.
That what I said months ago.
Theres gunna have to be an actual production car(s) (gen 5 or whatever he’s calling it) that needs to be ran hard for x amount of miles before he can flip the switch for mass production, which he hasn’t made mention of happening.
For all we know he has done that, but in the last few months we haven’t heard any mention of it while he was in china overseeing operations there. You’d think when he gets back stateside he would have used one of the cars he was just overseeing and run it.

DLC

Reaction score
I haven’t seen any specs ( Mostly interested in what they weigh ) tire size is a 35x9.5x15 on his 35in tires.

I run system 3 rt 320 in a 35 tire and they are fairly light, tensors DS are light also

some 35 tires are 50 + lbs.

In my opinion the brakes should have been set up to go with a bigger tire from the start, Tensor makes a 37 now days!
but 4 adults and a cooler and spare parts/ tire and 35’s should have been the target 🎯 from the start

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well, when RG wants read 100% negative in regards to his UTV all he gotta do is tune in RDP.
Just a matter of time the whole deal will be on the screen one way or another.

Groper

Reaction score
So, after the oil line came off on the El diablo as RG explained in a interview RG was out of the NORRA 500, RG then got into a production chase car to complete the course, this was mentioned by RG.

I'll give him a pass on the production car not being prepped for racing, stock fuel tank explains why he ran out of fuel and as far as running 35's I don't remember seeing 35's on any of the cars while testing that I've seen which is only a handful of short videos.

I believe the production cars come equipped with 33"s, going up to a 35" does make a big difference with rotating mass then add in a closed coarse racing environment and you'll see your brakes going away pretty quickly which probably won't be happening with weekend riders.

Maybe SPEEDUTV will now offer larger Brakes as an option for those going up to a 35" tire however, I'm surprised that the brake issue hasn't come up during all the miles testing I would have gladly worked over those brakes on a test car lol it's better now than later though. 🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The brakes on the can ams are borderline dangerous if you put 34’s or 35’s..

702sandman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he blew a motor 27 miles into the race ? Something about a oil line ?

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he blew a motor 27 miles into the race ? Something about a oil line ?

Only 10-15 miles in, he said at an oil return line from the Turbo came off, and emptied all the oil from the motor. He said they canged something up about routing to an Oil/Air sperator and it used a push fitting vs. clamped. Didn't sound like this was something that the production car has, sounded like it was Race-Car shit

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
😬

Brake upgrade is on the short list with a particle separator

Talk to Doug.. he’s got a big brake kit on his Can Am. Bigger rotors seems like all that is needed.

Reactions: DWC

Deckin Around

Reaction score
The brakes on the can ams are borderline dangerous if you put 34’s or 35’s..
I own one, that’s understandable in the sense that it was designed for 31s? I do not an issue with with33”s even with a heavy car playing on a short course track on our property. Softer sand does help.

Point being, I thought Robby’s car was supposed to be better, to Robby standards. (I own a deposit on one of those also.) Does it make sense for speed to build a car that can only handle 1 of the 2 tires THEY produce and offers as options?

I a$$ume the brake pkg will be another option not standard on their flagship RG model.
In my opinion the brakes should have been set up to go with a bigger tire from the start, Tensor makes a 37 now days!
but 4 adults and a cooler and spare parts/ tire and 35’s should have been the target 🎯 from the start
Exactly

Last edited:

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I own one, it was designed for 31s? I do not an issue with with33”s even with a heavy car playing on a short course track on our property. Softer sand does help.

Point being, I thought Robby’s car was supposed to be better, to Robby standards. (I own a deposit on one of those also.) Does it make sense for speed to build a car that can only handle 1 of the 2 tires THEY produce and offers as options?

I a$$ume the brake pkg will be an option.

Exactly

I'd assume for 99% of the future owners, that a brake upgrade is not needed for the 35's. Robby drives different than probably anyone that will own one. I'll be upgrading to 35's and I'm going to assume I'll have no issues with the brakes.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Another class act enters the chat 😂.

For a guy who continues to profess he is only here to share information you seem to generate a lot of emotion directed towards yourself.

People can't hate information.
They can doubt it, deny it, ignore it, embrace it, cheer it, or not care at all about it but they can't hate it.

It's the way you choose to share the information that generates the hate.

I know you'll say it's only because you're attacked first but that's incorrect.

There are MANY members here with astounding amounts of knowledge they share without people telling them to fuck off.

You're not the victim and I think you know it.

I can't begin to imagine why you choose to be so combative. It's got to be tiring.

It's never too late to change though.
The Cardinals just won a football game so miracles can happen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well shit, once again this thread went sideways. Every time it is the same individual involved.

I’ve barely posted for days…it was sideways long before I came back in. And everyone comes running back when I do.

I said I won’t engage with them, so put them on ignore, or me, or all of us. It’s is plain to see they embody all they decry. They will argue with me when I’m not even here or talking to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.