WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Well shit, once again this thread went sideways. Every time it is the same individual involved.

You talking about Canuck1, Dilligaf, or me or any of the others who are tired of his act? You can blame me I guess it makes you feel better - I'm a better target since "I'm a hater" and I didn't "invest" in a startup company that doesn't have a product in the market. It's OK to shit on Ford or Jeep in threads about their products but don't come in here and question know-it-all and his condescending, insulting engagements with other members. Every time this thread goes off the rails he's the one driving.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I'm a boarder line hater and I can say honestly LOF has responded to my questions of speed very well . I have only put one guy on ignore and he is not even close for me . It's a easy thread to avoid or single person to ignore . Life's to short to get worked up over a sxs

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm a boarder line hater and I can say honestly LOF has responded to my questions of speed very well . I have only put one guy on ignore and he is not even close for me . It's a easy thread to avoid or single person to ignore . Life's to short to get worked up over a sxs

Thank you, and I’m happy to do it regardless of your opinion on the car. It’s not for everyone.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thank you, and I’m happy to do it regardless of your opinion on the car. It’s not for everyone.
So what is going to set this sxs apart from his speed car now ? " if " it ever gets delivered ! To me the textron xx with the speed product is the least talked about sxs . It had a trillion dollar backer and Robbys parts and has minimal sales . So besides a shitty business model and less financial backing what will " his " new sxs bring ?

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
I’ve barely posted for days…it was sideways long before I came back in. And everyone comes running back when I do.

I said I won’t engage with them, so put them on ignore, or me, or all of us. It’s is plain to see they embody all they decry. They will argue with me when I’m not even here or talking to them.
you aggravate the fuck out of everyone then play the victim card???? fuck off you spineless lying prick

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
You talking about Canuck1, Dilligaf, or me or any of the others who are tired of his act? You can blame me I guess it makes you feel better - I'm a better target since "I'm a hater" and I didn't "invest" in a startup company that doesn't have a product in the market. It's OK to shit on Ford or Jeep in threads about their products but don't come in here and question know-it-all and his condescending, insulting engagements with other members. Every time this thread goes off the rails he's the one driving.
I'm an asshole but he can still apologize to Tom and others

DLC

Reaction score
Anyone like Red Speed Car?

off road expo -
BB7BFBA2-2DB3-44BE-A0D3-8D833D556E60.jpeg
01280774-BB8E-4368-AC1F-84E012C62529.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Not you :)

Singleton

Reaction score
I’ve barely posted for days…it was sideways long before I came back in. And everyone comes running back when I do.

I said I won’t engage with them, so put them on ignore, or me, or all of us. It’s is plain to see they embody all they decry. They will argue with me when I’m not even here or talking to them.
You just can’t stop yourself from posting responses to everyone. Especially those that question what is going with Speed.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score

Grow up

EPL

Reaction score
When I got a ride in the pre production it was leaking oil all over and RG was laughing about it and said don't worry about the oil leak !!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would go rzr just cause the graphics are not peeling off
Me too until you get your semi annual “stop sale” “stop ride” or a recall issued twice a year.

They just issued another one for 2021 turbo models last month..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You just can’t stop yourself from posting responses to everyone. Especially those that question what is going with Speed.

Because most of the theories about what is going on are ridiculous.

Just Friday you said “No EPA certs” RG in an interview says “We have the EPA certs”.

As stated and evidenced many many times, I’m happy to discuss and debate what is going on with thoughtful, well reasoned people.

On to the next thing for this week!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So what is going to set this sxs apart from his speed car now ? " if " it ever gets delivered ! To me the textron xx with the speed product is the least talked about sxs . It had a trillion dollar backer and Robbys parts and has minimal sales . So besides a shitty business model and less financial backing what will " his " new sxs bring ?

That car was an answer to a question no one asked from a company that didn’t know how to market it.

My really good friend was the team lead @ Textron for that car. His team designed the car with RG. It took them about 2 and a half years start to finish.

If they had made a Turbo WildcatXX or even and had made a 4 seater, there would be no Speed UTV, and that car would have taken significant marketshare from Can Am and Polaris if they made a turbo version. The WildcatXX is actually pretty good car. I’d say it and the KRX are the 2 best overall 2 seat 1000cc NA cars that exist.

RG has the patents on the suspension design so only Speed could make after market long travel. That killed a lot of the aftermarket, and the car didn’t sell well, because it was not marketed well. It also came out as Polaris and Can Am were coming out with turbo cars and factory long travel cars.

They have more Speed UTVs on order than WildcatXX that exist. That was as of a year or so ago. I don’t know if that is still accurate as the WildcatXX is now sold at Bass Pro Shops as the Tracker 1000. I have no idea how that rebranding did or is doing….but I have not seen a Tracker 1000 out in the wild, ever.

The Speed Car is not going to displace Can Am or Polaris. The aftermarket is going to be smaller for it, and parts are going to be more expensive for it, but the hope is it needs less aftermarket parts.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I went to the off-road expo today and checked out the Speed UTV thoroughly twice. I am happy with 90% of what I saw. Fit and finish wise it's on par or better than the competition. The welds, suspension, hardware, plumbing and exhaust is miles ahead of the industry. The car is supposedly a production car, but it was missing standard items or had substitute equipment.

The 35" tires looked good, but they were sold out. For the money I will end up buying the BFG kr3's or the Toyo's.

The guy's at Speed stated that they had received their EPA approval.

What I didn't like:
1. Seat mounting and slides need a substantial upgrade. You can grab the side of the seat and it will move way to much, not solid at all. I will be changing mine ASAP.

2. The glove box and hood plastic quarter turns fasteners are junk, but easily changed.

3. Rear doors close ok, not perfect like the fronts.

I stopped by Wildwood and they said Speed/Robby have been working with them for a while and six piston calipers will become standard on RG's and a option for other models. My personal opinion is that you only need this for racing or extremely hard desert riding with 35's.

I stopped by PCI and they take your brand new unused intercom and exchange it for a Trax stereo intercom for a few hundred dollars. It also comes with upgraded jacks. They had a large display of Lowrance and Garmin GPS units and everyone at PCI recommended the Garmin Tread unit over the Lowrance for a SXS. The Garmin Tread has so many features and is so user friendly that it is a no brainer.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I went to the off-road expo today and checked out the Speed UTV thoroughly twice. I am happy with 90% of what I saw. Fit and finish wise it's on par or better than the competition. The welds, suspension, hardware, plumbing and exhaust is miles ahead of the industry. The car is supposedly a production car, but it was missing standard items or had substitute equipment.

The 35" tires looked good, but they were sold out. For the money I will end up buying the BFG kr3's or the Toyo's.

What I didn't like:
1. Seat mounting and slides need a substantial upgrade. You can grab the side of the seat and it will move way to much, not solid at all. I will be changing mine ASAP.

2. The glove box and hood plastic quarter turns fasteners are junk, but easily changed.

I stopped by Wildwood and they said Speed/Robby have been working with them for a while and six piston calipers will become standard on RG's and a option for other models. My personal opinion is that you only need this for racing or extremely hard desert riding with 35's.

I stopped by PCI and they take your brand new unused intercom and exchange it for a Trax stereo intercom for a few hundred dollars. It also comes with upgraded jacks. They had a large display of Lowrance and Garmin GPS units and everyone at PCI recommended the Garmin Tread unit over the Lowrance for a SXS. The Garmin Tread has so many features and is so user friendly that it is a no brainer.
Solid info, this is what I want to see in this thread. Thank you.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

What I didn't like:

I hadn't heard of the Garmin Tread - interesting product - thanks!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

What I didn't like:

Thanks. Great info. Agreed on the seat mounts and after SSSS I expected to change the mounts. I did not play with the glove box, that is good to know.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will be paying attention to the seat mods…. I always thought they were kinda flimsy feeling as well.

I had planned on switching over to Simpson seats and putting a bench in the back of the one I keep..

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I will be paying attention to the seat mods…. I always thought they were kinda flimsy feeling as well.

I had planned on switching over to Simpson seats and putting a bench in the back of the one I keep..
The seat mounts in the rear are solid mounted and have no seat flex. It should be pretty easy to mount a bench seat in the back.

bentprops

Reaction score
That car was an answer to a question no one asked from a company that didn’t know how to market it.

My really good friend was the team lead @ Textron for that car. His team designed the car with RG. It took them about 2 and a half years start to finish.

If they had made a Turbo WildcatXX or even and had made a 4 seater, there would be no Speed UTV, and that car would have taken significant marketshare from Can Am and Polaris if they made a turbo version. The WildcatXX is actually pretty good car. I’d say it and the KRX are the 2 best overall 2 seat 1000cc NA cars that exist.

RG has the patents on the suspension design so only Speed could make after market long travel. That killed a lot of the aftermarket, and the car didn’t sell well, because it was not marketed well. It also came out as Polaris and Can Am were coming out with turbo cars and factory long travel cars.

They have more Speed UTVs on order than WildcatXX that exist. That was as of a year or so ago. I don’t know if that is still accurate as the WildcatXX is now sold at Bass Pro Shops as the Tracker 1000. I have no idea how that rebranding did or is doing….but I have not seen a Tracker 1000 out in the wild, ever.

The Speed Car is not going to displace Can Am or Polaris. The aftermarket is going to be smaller for it, and parts are going to be more expensive for it, but the hope is it needs less aftermarket parts.

tempImageqxmBAs.jpg I had the XX, Loved it. I had a few raced out Turbo RZR. This thing smoked'em. Wish i hadn't sold it. Thats the only complaint i have about speed cars. I sold it because they said mine was coming. 2 years later. im still waiting. Other wise im stoked and very inpressed with what RG and Todd are doing. I have had a bunch of business so i know what it takes. Evey step you take is f-ing battle. Especially when it comes to the worse than worthless gov. If you ant had a few you got NO clue what hes facing.
tempImageqxmBAs.jpg I had the XX, Loved it. I had a few raced out Turbo RZR. This thing smoked'em. Wish i hadn't sold it. Thats the only complaint i have about speed cars. I sold it because they said mine was coming. 2 years later. im still waiting. Other wise im stoked and very inpressed with what RG and Todd are doing. I have had a bunch of business so i know what it takes. Evey step you take is f-ing battle. Especially when it comes to the worse than worthless gov. If you ant had a few you got NO clue what hes facing.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I think a huge problem with Speed UTV is Robby shitting on the other MFG for building a crappy car, however his car isn't a unicorn made of gold either. He wanted to be the center of attention and he has the floor for now. Speed continues to have major delays, reworks, bad PR, etc. Some examples of delays and bad PR and parts are with certs, engine design, welds, brakes at the race, breaking trailing arm, seats, doors, stickers oil leaks and more. All of this is giving the offroad population a bad taste in their mouth. Yes, Polaris has the same thing as well as can am's but they didn't go shitting on the mfg. in public about how their competition is "garbage" and more. So, this made the population intensify its scrutiny on the car and the company.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@bentprops when this whole deal started being an ME in school I kinda figured it would be longer than a year. I asked that same friend his thoughts on timeline and and he confirmed my suspicions and said 2.5 years… and that was before we knew they were developing their own engine.

The timeline is no fun, but if the car is good. And an uplevel from those speed cats, it will be worth the wait.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think a huge problem with Speed UTV is Robby shitting on the other MFG for building a crappy car, however his car isn't a unicorn made of gold either. He wanted to be the center of attention and he has the floor for now. Speed continues to have major delays, reworks, bad PR, etc. Some examples of delays and bad PR and parts are with certs, engine design, welds, brakes at the race, breaking trailing arm, seats, doors, stickers oil leaks and more. All of this is giving the offroad population a bad taste in their mouth. Yes, Polaris has the same thing as well as can am's but they didn't go shitting on the mfg. in public about how their competition is "garbage" and more. So, this made the population intensify its scrutiny on the car and the company.

Gordon is a “any publicity is good publicity” kind of guy. The fact that people that have no dog in the fight and no car are so up in arms over it, they view it as a good thing and they are being an industry disruptor.

The guy is the Donald Trump of the off road world right now. People love him and the rest love to hate him.

He wants the scrutiny, attention, etc. so when the car drops, it won’t be ignored. Half the people here say they don’t like him or the car are waiting around to see if the car is good because they want to buy the best car.. speaks volumes. If they really didn’t like Speed, RG or the car, they would have bought a RZR or Can Am by now don’t you think? 😉

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Gordon is a “any publicity is good publicity” kind of guy. The fact that people that have no dog in the fight and no car are so up in arms over it, they view it as a good thing and they are being an industry disruptor.

The guy is the Donald Trump of the off road world right now. People love him and the rest love to hate him.

He wants the scrutiny, attention, etc. so when the car drops, it won’t be ignored. Half the people here say they don’t like him or the car are waiting around to see if the car is good because they want to buy the best car.. speaks volumes. If they really didn’t like Speed, RG or the car, they would have bought a RZR or Can Am by now don’t you think? 😉
yes agreed, im just saying RG ruffled alot of peoples feathers saying their car is junk (polaris and can am) and that pissed people off so they are getting back at him by saying the company and car suck too. that is what we are seeing on RDP anyways. People are saying the car sucks and RG suck and attacking the owners of those speed cars, then you have people who are RG worshipers and think he walks on water. Then you have level minded people that understand this is a process and it takes time (you and I)

Singleton

Reaction score

I am in sales. When we throw a competitor under the bus, our win percentage goes way down! When we highlight our value, strength and shadows about our competitor we win! I see this with Speed and it is one reason I throw mud at speed.

The other is honest and transparent communication. When we are honest with timelines we win, when we try to play in the grey area, it never goes well for us. Same for Speed IMO.

I dislike any publicity is good when you are selling a product.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yes agreed, im just saying RG ruffled alot of peoples feathers saying their car is junk (polaris and can am) and that pissed people off so they are getting back at him by saying the company and car suck too. that is what we are seeing on RDP anyways. People are saying the car sucks and RG suck and attacking the owners of those speed cars, then you have people who are RG worshipers and think he walks on water. Then you have level minded people that understand this is a process and it takes time (you and I)

I’m just saying he achieved what he wanted to achieve. Even stepping on his own dick now gets him attention. Aside from the releases they put out, and going to shows, they have done 0 marketing for the car.

I think if he was humble about all this and said those other cars are great too, he would have WildcatXX level of interest and pipeline, which is near 0 and that is/was a decent product.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am in sales. When we throw a competitor under the bus, our win percentage goes way down! When we highlight our value, strength and shadows about our competitor we win! I see this with Speed and it is one reason I throw mud at speed.

The other is honest and transparent communication. When we are honest with timelines we win, when we try to play in the grey area, it never goes well for us. Same for Speed IMO.

I dislike any publicity is good when you are selling a product.

This isn’t software sales and they are not going for technical or financial wins or building a business case for people to buy their UTV. There is a lot more emotion involved. People’s personal things are part of them, part of who they are. The cars they drive, the boats and RVs they have, the customization done to all those things to make them stand out from the crowd. Most of the people in these circles want the “best”.

If toys were sold on highlighted value, ROI, business case and other financials, they would never sell because they make no sense. They would just be rented from the “cloud” when needed. 🤣

Last edited:

EarpRider

Reaction score
This isn’t software sales and they are not going for technical or financial wins or building a business case for people to buy their UTV. There is a lot more emotion involved. People’s personal things are part of them, part of who they are. The cars they drive, the boats and RVs they have, the customization done to all those things to make them stand out from the crowd. Most of the people in these circles want the “best”.

If toys were sold on highlighted value, ROI, business case and other financials, they would never sell because they make no sense. They would just be rented from the “cloud” when needed. 🤣
There are a lot of emotions involved because customers gave RG money two years ago for a product that they have no idea when they a getting. Not because "it's part of them."

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There are a lot of emotions involved because customers gave RG money two years ago for a product that they have no idea when they a getting. Not because "it's part of them."

Sure, but then how do you explain the emotion from the people that didn’t give Speed a dime?

Even for those that have money in, you could be out by the end of the week if you are tired of waiting by selling the spot and going to buy another car.

This is “part of them” because it is the car they want and are willing to wait for it, even begrudgingly.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I’m sorry RG said your RZR sucks. :)

So does mine apparently.
A car that sucks is worth two stuck in red tape.….just saying. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 With all the drama I am now just looking at buying a sucky new car and replace parts as needed. 👍 I FOMO as the season is starting and life is too short to not off-road this winter.🤪🤪🤪

PaPaG

Reaction score
Serious question, if RG knows the seats are lose fitting or move around while mounted wouldn't that be an easy fix before production with different mounts maybe bushings etc?

Singleton

Reaction score

Your FOMO must be large :)
Everyone I boat, RV, off-road with; does not purchase toys based on emotion. None of us have the ‘keeping up the Jones‘ complex. Most likely the reason everyone in the group either passed on the Speed car or sold the deposit back.

I might keep toys due to emotions, but emotions never have entered my decision to purchase.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Serious question, if RG knows the seats are lose fitting or move around while mounted wouldn't that be an easy fix before production with different mounts maybe bushings etc?

Very likely, we will see. I hope it is better.

I would like to see them tighter, but honestly they are just as loose as the seat mounts on my RZR. If I was keeping my RZR I was going to hard mount the seats because it is annoying.

Also most 1 piece seats flex a little..even low end FIA rated seats have some flexibility in the body of the seat. A PRP or Simpson seat frame will be stiffer (and also heavier) than the Speed seat.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yep, you live in the grave you dug. Very hard to crawl out of that.
Its not so much WHAT he says, it’s HOW he types it, that annoys most that have an issue with him.

There are solutions for those that have a problem. I’m perfectly capable of positive, meaningful interaction, with those who seek the same from me.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your FOMO must be large :)
Everyone I boat, RV, off-road with; does not purchase toys based on emotion. None of us have the ‘keeping up the Jones‘ complex. Most likely the reason everyone in the group either passed on the Speed car or sold the deposit back.

I might keep toys due to emotions, but emotions never have entered my decision to purchase.

You just proved what I said. You keep them because of emotion.. we all do. We buy them to make memories with our families and friends.

It is not a piece of software for our business. No one ever drove an ERP system across the desert. :)

No FOMO… at the end of the day I’m not worried about waiting for a UTV to make memories with.. I have one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.