WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
the claims from the owners that they were “saving money on gas” buying a $60k car 👍🏻.

Was there someone who actually said this or did you kind of make this up? lol ,You keep saying this over and over... Just let people buy what they want to buy and worry about yourself. Who cares why someone wants to buy an EV... This is America. Let it go, buddy...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Was there someone who actually said this or did you kind of make this up? lol ,You keep saying this over and over... Just let people buy what they want to buy and worry about yourself. Who cares why someone wants to buy an EV... This is America. Let it go, buddy...
Why do keep bringing it up then?

When you say it cost you $3 to charge your car.. that’s great. You spent $60k to fill up for $3.

“Saving money” depends on how many times I can fill up for $40 in gas and spend $35k… or less. A long way from savings to be sure.

Every time you bring this up I say people can buy whatever they want. So enjoy your car, and if you are gonna let it go, don’t bring it up.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Why do keep bringing it up then?

When you say it cost you $3 to charge your car.. that’s great. You spent $60k to fill up for $3.

“Saving money” depends on how many times I can fill up for $40 in gas and spend $35k… or less. A long way from savings to be sure.

Every time you bring this up I say people can buy whatever they want. So enjoy your car, and if you are gonna let it go, don’t bring it up.

You putting words in my mouth? And it was 48k lol Let it go my brotha..

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I know there’s a Speed joke in there somewhere. 😁

View attachment 1143928
“Customers who pre ordered Speed bed for surgery”
1659988872704.jpeg

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Back to Speed UTV lol
Have to say, I'm really happy seeing the integration of the buttons and their graphics. I think the small details about the car just make it that much better IMO
Rob said in a comment that he would be showing the production line, cant wait!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is it a bad sign that Carl has dropped his prices on his speed cars from $90k to $46k and trying to drop them before they come out? Does he know something we don't?

View attachment 1144538

I see you are using your other personality today. @outboard_256

They are going out of business tomorrow don’t buy one. 🤣🤣

At those prices he is getting a free car just selling those 4. I think he bought 6 or 7

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChGhSkwFXxN/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Pretty good live show just went up. Showing completed chassis' after E-coat, as well as bare chassis'. Talks about shock mounts and why they are designed the way they are. Also goes into some pretty good conversation regard suspension geometry. He also says cars have been shipped to SSSS, but doesn't mention how many.
I get a little shout out a 15:05 remaining when he's discussing A, A+, B, C and C+ pillars.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChGhSkwFXxN/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Pretty good live show just went up. Showing completed chassis' after E-coat, as well as bare chassis'. Talks about shock mounts and why they are designed the way they are. Also goes into some pretty good conversation regard suspension geometry. He also says cars have been shipped to SSSS, but doesn't mention how many.
I get a little shout out a 15:05 remaining when he's discussing A, A+, B, C and C+ pillars.

“There is no way cars will be at SSSS based on that video” - 😂😂

Raffit78

Reaction score
3 things I learned from Robby from that link: (excuse my off road ignorance)

1: never knew how important those rear trailing arms are, he didn’t sound amateur. That design looks and sounds over the top for a utv. Great engineering, geometry wise plus compatible on either side? That’s pretty bad ass.

2: Never knew he worked for Polaris plus “RZR” was I’m guessing an R was for his name initial? That’s pretty neat if true.

3: “Polaris said, we have surpassed your engineering abilities” man, I’m cheering for him, gotta be honest. I love competition and when a Goliath of a brand smears you like that, most of us don’t have the means to prove them wrong. This dude is putting it together. I love a David against Goliath story when David wins.

Hope this program really comes to fruition for the deposit holders and Robby. The “behind the scene” fabrication/manufacturing videos is beyond cool. He really doesn’t have to do any of that. But he understands the publics pressure.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
3 things I learned from Robby from that link: (excuse my off road ignorance)

1: never knew how important those rear trailing arms are, he didn’t sound amateur. That design looks and sounds over the top for a utv. Great engineering, geometry wise plus compatible on either side? That’s pretty bad ass.

2: Never knew he worked for Polaris plus “RZR” was I’m guessing an R was for his name initial? That’s pretty neat if true.

3: “Polaris said, we have surpassed your engineering abilities” man, I’m cheering for him, gotta be honest. I love competition and when a Goliath of a brand smears you like that, most of us don’t have the means to prove them wrong. This dude is putting it together. I love a David against Goliath story when David wins.

Hope this program really comes to fruition for the deposit holders and Robby. The “behind the scene” fabrication/manufacturing videos is beyond cool. He really doesn’t have to do any of that. But he understands the publics pressure.

For number two he has always said that RZR stands for “RobbiezRide”. Who knows if it’s true.

I can’t get the flipping video to play. I am curious about the Polaris engineering comment.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For number two he has always said that RZR stands for “RobbiezRide”. Who knows if it’s true.

I can’t get the flipping video to play. I am curious about the Polaris engineering comment.

He’s said that Polaris coment in the past.

They told him “We’ve surpassed your capabilities.”

And came out with this

B4536FEF-705B-4EE4-9ECA-1AAEBFA90024.jpeg

Get the video to play. That chassis looks great.

I laugh hearing people say the car is already outdated after a video like that 😂

Listen to the part about roll center. That is why people flip Polaris and Can Ams so easily.

Last edited:

bentprops

Reaction score

My understanding is he gets paid for every RZR that is produced.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I love competition and when a Goliath of a brand smears you like that, most of us don’t have the means to prove them wrong. This dude is putting it together. I love a David against Goliath story when David wins.
Malcolm Gladwell's Book "David and Goliath"

You will love this book if this is the case. I don't want to give it away, but it is one of my favorite business books. It sums up this battle between RG and the Corps pretty well.

hallett21

Reaction score
Completely irrelevant but lol.

What would it cost to make a new Tacoma, Ranger etc hang with a box stock RZR, Can Am, Speed etc?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Completely irrelevant but lol.

What would it cost to make a new Tacoma, Ranger etc hang with a box stock RZR, Can Am, Speed etc?

Don’t ever do that. Buy something used.

A new Tacoma/Colorado/Ranger built to hang with a good SXS - you’ll have $90k+ into the truck and mods at a minimum.

The truck will hang in washes and open spaces.. it will never hang with a SXS on the trails or fast technical stuff.

Last edited:

JBZ

Reaction score

I logged into insta and clicked on link and it worked

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
All of them.
I like where yore head is at.
How many battles you got going now?
Is it really a battle if it is this easy?

Someone always shitting on “Financed SXS ruining their desert” posting out in the desert from their recliner in their financed luxury toyhauler or RV has a certain irony :)

Did you end up seeing that video from last night? I don’t even have insta and could view it.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Video updates are great, but actually having a ride is better. This is today in Williams Az.!

Attachments

• 20220811_125913.jpg
    20220811_125913.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 20220811_133118.jpg
    20220811_133118.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220811_145329.jpg
    20220811_145329.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I saw a bright orange speed car (?) today around noon on a trailer on 95 towed by a truck that said Speed on the side. Must be real.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I saw a bright orange speed car (?) today around noon on a trailer on 95 towed by a truck that said Speed on the side. Must be real.

No, new holographic 3D CGI. If only Tucker had that technology…

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im surprised the truck was able to float. China is pretty far

Status
Not open for further replies.