WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallett21

Reaction score
By the time all you haters and fanbois figure out the parameters of the betting, Speed might have actually finished and delivered a car to someone.

I'll simplify it for you all.

Mail me a check for $20.00 to $100.00 each and I'll donate it to my favorite charity.
I laid out the parameters pretty clearly. Feel free to play. I’ll go $100 if you’d like

riverroyal

Reaction score
Anyone here get the ‘call’ yet? Halloween is 5 weeks.
LOF with a below 100 number it should be any day.

JM21

Reaction score
I agree with the other guy…add up all the money on delivery before the December date and post the total, I will take all the action and take after the posted date. Easy peasy. Like the blackjack table, I’m the house.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You are not wrong. If they start firing these off at 40+ per day like they want to, the window of high markups will be only a few months. There is a 1 year backlog of cars, even at those production numbers. All the dealers are advertising them at a bit of a markup. There is a 16000 car backlog. They need to produce about 70 cars a day to catch up.. as of now they have almost a year of production to do.

As you said there are only 2XXX custom cars on order. Some dealers have some of those "custom" cars on order as well. Those custom cars are getting done first, and that is not a ton of cars to be out there in the entire southwest market, so I think you will see $50-$60K+ prices on these things for people trying to flip them quickly on cars they paid $32-40K for. Dealer cars on order are coming after that.

$80-90K seems a stretch but it might happen on the first couple hundred for people with full options cars, right time, right place, etc.

Given that a stock Pro R at the sand show was $50K... it stands to reason these will go for a similar amount to start, and depending on options, go up from there.

If I sell my current car, and sell my first Speed car for low $50Kish, I will pay 0 out of pocket for my 2nd car. So I see where he is coming from.

Which one you taking? A RZR with a cage and some bolt ons for 70k?

Or a fully loaded speed for 80-85?

I don’t think ole Carl’s pricing was that crazy after all.. he was just such a prick about it a lot of people want him to fail.

I was talking to a friend that flips and sells offroad shit for a living. He thinks the early cars are gonna be 80-100 depending on how built they are and how early.. I was shocked.

But when you see shit like this RZR it does kinda make sense..
CC2FE84F-0CD9-4CD8-A2C7-1188C18D310E.jpeg
3E43AE0D-4815-4703-9918-29DB47149169.jpeg
2EC964AA-57FA-4FED-BC47-C20C0FEE6A53.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I don’t think ole Carl’s pricing was that crazy after all.. he was just such a prick about it a lot of people want him to fail.

I was talking to a friend that flips and sells offroad shit for a living. He thinks the early cars are gonna be 80-100 depending on how built they are and how early.. I was shocked.

View attachment 1157002 View attachment 1157003 View attachment 1157004

Bert’s prices were nuts. I think the first 100 will go for that kind of money because the same FUD in this thread - “Speed will make 100 and not make any more for 6 months.”

This will especially be true if what I heard about Coyne having 40 of the first 100 is accurate. You can pretty much follow them right to high retail when you get yours.

As for Carl, yea it was nuts without a car in the garage, but if what the haters say is true and he’s only making 10 at a time in his garage in China, it will just be a supply and demand thing.

If what RG says and the pics on his phone are true, there is only a few month window of crazy markups and $80k loaded Speed cars... then it is just normal markups.

Or believe the trolls that still say it’s a Ponzi scheme and we will never get a car.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
There are 2 reasons I'm not into SxS: (1) eating dust, (2) the cost.

When a SxS costs more than a brand new Jeep or other offroad vehicle, no matter how capable it is, I'm out. You guys are talking $80K for a SxS like that's not ridiculous while everyone's bitching about $80-$100k pickup trucks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There are 2 reasons I'm not into SxS: (1) eating dust, (2) the cost.

When a SxS costs more than a brand new Jeep or other offroad vehicle, no matter how capable it is, I'm out. You guys are talking $80K for a SxS like that's not ridiculous while everyone's bitching about $80-$100k pickup trucks.

Something about running 65-70 through whoops.. lol

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Something about running 65-70 through whoops.. lol

I've seen Raptors run high speed through whoops - maybe not as fast as a SxS but I've also seen them roll and bend frames and people get hurt. SxS through whoops at 65-70 may be possible but the risks are significant.

Maybe it's all bench racing and bullshitting around the fire knowing your $80,000 SxS CAN do it. Be safe. I have a family member who almost lost her arm when their SxS rolled over under 10MPH.

Reactions: DLC

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

View attachment 1157002 View attachment 1157003 View attachment 1157004

The big difference between 1Carl and Bert's is Bert's can capitalize on the emotion buyer.
Get them all caught up in the moment and next thing they know they've signed paperwork and now all they have to do is figure out how to avoid a divorce when they tell the little lady what they've done.

1Carl and anyone else selling their spot or finished build will have to let the buyer arrange their own financing. That allows time for rational thinking which is a death knell for overpriced items.
There are always cash buyer's but those with $80K in their pocket generally didn't get there by making rash decisions.

To my knowledge, 1Carl has not sold a single spot yet and I'm betting it's not his personality that's getting in the way.

Smart money says run a proven commodity for a while, RZR etc. and buy Speed if and when it comes out and the bugs are resolved.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I've seen Raptors run high speed through whoops - maybe not as fast as a SxS but I've also seen them roll and bend frames and people get hurt. SxS through whoops at 65-70 may be possible but the risks are significant.

Maybe it's all bench racing and bullshitting around the fire knowing your $80,000 SxS CAN do it. Be safe. I have a family member who almost lost her arm when their SxS rolled over under 10MPH.

Pretty much why I don’t want a 90k Raptor to take in the desert and do the same thing and destroy, or bench race that my truck could do it.

Glad your family member is ok. Buy them a set of window nets or at minimum arm restraints. An unsafe condition is not the fault of the SXS. It is the fault of the owner.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The big difference between 1Carl and Bert's is Bert's can capitalize on the emotion buyer.
Get them all caught up in the moment and next thing they know they've signed paperwork and now all they have to do is figure out how to avoid a divorce when they tell the little lady what they've done.

1Carl and anyone else selling their spot or finished build will have to let the buyer arrange their own financing. That allows time for rational thinking which is a death knell for overpriced items.
There are always cash buyer's but those with $80K in their pocket generally didn't get there by making rash decisions.

To my knowledge, 1Carl has not sold a single spot yet and I'm betting it's not his personality that's getting in the way.

Smart money says run a proven commodity for a while, RZR etc. and buy Speed if and when it comes out and the bugs are resolved.

Watch RD capitalize on the the emotion of a buyer when he flips his. Keeping up with the Jones’s is real, and plenty of people want the newest car with the most horsepower in the class.

Rash decisions were being made all over the OC fairgrounds last weekend.

Smart money never buys a SXS in the first place, so you can end that conversation right there 😂.

A troll till the bitter end.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Watch RD capitalize on the the emotion of a buyer when he flips his.

Smart money never buys a SXS in the first place, so you can end that conversation right there 😂.

Honestly you aren’t wrong.. if I get mine before Halloween I bet I get more then Carl gets for his 35 number..

Mostly because that I couldn’t sell food to Ethiopia.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Honestly you aren’t wrong.. if I get mine before Halloween I bet I get more then Carl gets for his 35 number..

When you have the car, it will sell. We both know that. At this point everyone is just waiting to see if deliveries commence. The lore around the whole thing at this point is comical.

I’ve had half a dozen people interested in mine. They don’t want to say anything here but they know who they are.

Carl needs to sell #35 before it leaves the Hastings parking lot 😂

I guarantee there will be people trying to buy cars down there when they pick them up or at whatever events they have.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Watch RD capitalize on the the emotion of a buyer when he flips his. Keeping up with the Jones’s is real, and plenty of people want the newest car with the most horsepower in the class.

No troll here.
As I've said before, you don't know who I am or what my connection to SxS's actually may be.

I will say I toss in the nuggets for your attention and without fail it works
Till the bitter end.😁

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

I would actually take that action if it weren't for the fact that you have a larger platform than 1Carl.

Neither of you are pulling $85-$90K

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No troll here.
As I've said before, you don't know who I am or what my connection to SxS's actually may be.

I will say I toss in the nuggets for your attention and without fail it works
Till the bitter end.😁

Back to playing the “Do you know who I am?” card again.

You took your chicken nuggets and went home, remember? 😂

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Back to playing the “Do you know who I am?” card again.

You took your chicken nuggets and went home, remember? 😂
Not in the least.
I refused to change anything I wrote because I stand by what I say.

And what does any of this have to do with chicken nuggets?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And as far as the "Do you know who I am" bit, I don't care if you do or don't.

My point is you are assuming.

What am I assuming? You brought up who you are to serve your own ego, not me.

Who you are has 0 significance to me.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Because it gets your goat.

Of course it's not a Ponzi scheme. Anyone with any common sense knows that.

It makes me smile so there's that.

It took you what, 3 months to get the courage to come back in here for more? 😂

You smiling is better than you crying, I will give you that.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
It took you what, 3 months to get the courage to come back in here for more? 😂

You smiling is better than you crying, I will give you that.

Courage to come back?
Seriously?

Smiling instead of crying is a much better approach.
May I suggest you try it occasionally. 😁

JayBreww

Reaction score
When you have the car, it will sell. We both know that. At this point everyone is just waiting to see if deliveries commence. The lore around the whole thing at this point is comical.

I’ve had half a dozen people interested in mine. They don’t want to say anything here but they know who they are.

Carl needs to sell #35 before it leaves the Hastings parking lot 😂

I guarantee there will be people trying to buy cars down there when they pick them up or at whatever events they have.
Why would they if Coyne bought 40 of the first 100 and they could finance them through them?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why would they if Coyne bought 40 of the first 100 and they could finance them through them?

Why would they what? You think Coyne isn’t gonna mark them up bigly? And then add their fees on top? I’d assume Coyne uses the same finance people Speed does.

I have never confirmed that rumor about Coyne FWIW, just something I heard.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would actually take that action if it weren't for the fact that you have a larger platform than 1Carl.

Neither of you are pulling $85-$90K

I wouldn’t think it would be worth that, but the experts that sell this shit on the daily seem to think they will.

One of the flippers is considering buying my spot inline right now for 70. He believes it will be worth somewhere between 80-100..

In my defense my cars are fully loaded with just about everything you can put on them. If he says he wants it at 70, I’m gonna sell it and move on with my life and keep my second car.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So far @LargeOrangeFont and I are going fight over 10 bucks.

Cmon naysayers let’s do this.

These trolls sure don’t like to put their money where there keyboards are do they? 2 years of saying the company will collapse, we will never see cars… now we are down to crunch time…. Crickets.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You have it all don’t you? 🤪

My phone auto corrected. I don’t know what they ordered..

I built all of mine like I’d build a car I was keeping for myself.

As for the rest.. my biggest regret is selling the ones I sold and not buying more of them at this point.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My phone auto corrected. I don’t know what they ordered..

I built all of mine like I’d build a car I was keeping for myself.

As for the rest.. my biggest regret is selling the ones I sold and not buying more of them at this point.

I knew what you meant. If that rumor is true, I bet more than a few are optioned up.

Same.. I can’t be the only one with this idea but was thinking of calling speed and telling them to call me if anyone falls out and can’t get financing or can’t pay.

Singleton

Reaction score
Good question I don’t know.. I bought the white glove warranty thing on all my cars..

That warranty is confusing. Event based coverage, but if you race your warranty is voided but you get pit assistance

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think it would be worth that, but the experts that sell this shit on the daily seem to think they will.

One of the flippers is considering buying my spot inline right now for 70. He believes it will be worth somewhere between 80-100..

In my defense my cars are fully loaded with just about everything you can put on them. If he says he wants it at 70, I’m gonna sell it and move on with my life and keep my second car.
I'd take that $70K and run.

It's going to be the extremely rare bird that finds a worm willing to part with $80-$100K.

Particularly on the secondary market.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That warranty is confusing. Event based coverage, but if you race your warranty is voided but you get pit assistance

If you race no warranty. They will cover some things at events as a spectator.

It was written that way to get privateers racing the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.