WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I’d like to get in on some Cybertruck vs Speed UTV delivery… Musk vs RG…

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Are any of you that bought cars as an investment worried about the pending recession/ stock market tank. With the market going down vs the delivery of the cars?

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Are any of you that bought cars as an investment worried about the pending recession/ stock market tank. With the market going down vs the delivery of the cars?
I’m going to tell you they’ll all tell you no! To many ballers and race teams that want these! Nobody on RDP makes payments on toys and every single deposit is backed by a baller who is impervious to any financial distress.

hman442

Reaction score
I’m going to tell you they’ll all tell you no! To many ballers and race teams that want these! Nobody on RDP makes payments on toys and every single deposit is backed by a baller who is impervious to any financial distress.
So, am I automatically impervious to financial distress, as in it comes with basic membership, or do I need to upgrade my membership and get the lapel pin ? Also, which package unlocks the app to schedule out one of RDs trailers ?

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
So, am I automatically impervious to financial distress, as in it comes with basic membership, or do I need to upgrade my membership and get the lapel pin ? Also, which package unlocks the app to schedule out one of RDs trailers ?
That’s the easy part! Just leave California and start constantly talking about how much you hate it! Then pretend that California politics will never reach the state/area you moved to. After that you will be gifted the use of RDs trailer and the knowledge of everything and the wisdom to know your always right!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That’s the easy part! Just leave California and start constantly talking about how much you hate it! Then pretend that California politics will never reach the state/area you moved to. After that you will be gifted the use of RDs trailer and the knowledge of everything and the wisdom to know your always right!

Check out the lounge, it isn’t just me that realizes the place is a sinking ship.. it’s most of your statesmen too.

I’m going to go cook lunch on my gas powered stove, then go for a drive in my vehicle I don’t have to smog, then water my yard, all while running my AC. Have a good day! 🤣

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Check out the lounge, it isn’t just me that realizes the place is a sinking ship.. it’s most of your statesmen too.

I’m going to go cook lunch on my gas powered stove, then go for a drive in my vehicle I don’t have to smog, then water my yard, all while running my AC. Have a good day! 🤣
B5AF5A7C-8BA3-4A32-B283-80D4E598374B.png

I am

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This thread is pages away from locked and deleted
I can feel it coming.....like a earthquake or diarrhea.

Side note i bought a first aid kit at the ssss

The best Business move "RG" could make is to go to Court and Obtain a Restraining, and a Cease and Desist Order on 'Orange Peel", and Refund + Interest all his Money. Stop posting any information on the Speed Car and stay away from any "Speed Car" Event.;)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The best Business move "RG" could make is to go to Court and Obtain a Restraining, and a Cease and Desist Order on 'Orange Peel", and Refund + Interest all his Money. Stop posting any information on the Speed Car and stay away from any "Speed Car" Event.;)

Yea he should hire you instead 🤣.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Owners car. This doesn’t count whatsoever.
Crickets. And that speaks volumes 😁

And the whiners think the owners car is photoshopped 😉.

I sat in that car a week ago. Remember when the under bridge dwellers claimed these cars at the show didn’t even run less than a week ago.

Another bad day for the trolls.

JayBreww

Reaction score
And the whiners think the owners car is photoshopped 😉.

I sat in that car a week ago. Remember when the under bridge dwellers claimed these cars at the show didn’t even run less than a week ago.

Another bad day for the trolls.
And you thought it was a customers car…
You were probably sarcastic, but I would think ol big red wasn’t too serious either.

Glad to see them doing some quality control of and actual production car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont should have invested heavier in Speed and he could have been #5 riding around Havasu!

I think I would have been in the teens if I gave them money when I was in their both in 2019 at the opening of the SSSS. RG told me they had about a dozen takers.

There wasn’t enough details then, and I figured RG was gonna Teala everyone by being late, raising the price, and under delivering on promised performance.

Seems like I’m gonna be 1 for 3 on my original assumptions.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And you thought it was a customers car…
You were probably sarcastic, but I would think ol big red wasn’t too serious either.

Glad to see them doing some quality control of and actual production car.

I knew it wasn’t a customer car, because the car was at the show last week and we covered ad nauseam there were no customer cars as the show.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I think I would have been in the teens if I gave them money when I was in their both in 2019 at the opening of the SSSS. RG told me they had about a dozen takers.

There wasn’t enough details then, and I figured RG was gonna Teala everyone by being late, raising the price, and under delivering on promised performance.

Seems like I’m gonna be 1 for 3 on my original assumptions.
Shit, I thought Robby was selling warmed over Wildcats and I didn't put a deposit down until a year later. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have put deposits down on two or three cars. At least @RiverDave is clairvoyant and put a deposit down at Sancho three years ago.

buck35

Reaction score
If they can't import due to EPA and carb and they can't sell them due to the same how does one magically appear in be sold??

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Shit, I thought Robby was selling warmed over Wildcats and I didn't put a deposit down until a year later. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have put deposits down on two or three cars. At least @RiverDave is clairvoyant and put a deposit down at Sancho three years ago.

There is a thread from back then and I’m the original Speed hater in it. Mainly because of timing - I said no way will it be done in a year, at minimum it will take 2, and the price will go up.

They also made mention back then of a 1.3L engine and I was questioning how it would be classified and if helmets would be needed.

Back then Dave just did it as a gamble.

I didn’t think anything of it until the pandemic shutdown stuff hit and in April I started watching their updates, and it was clear it was not going to be a stretched WildcatXX and figured I’d take the gamble too. Got in before they raised the initial price.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Custom built (think home built) no mfg on vin tag.

That car has a full vin tag and vin. I took a picture of it.

It is probably just not registered, or Speed as a MFG has some process they go through like the car MFGs do.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
That car has a full vin tag and vin. I took a picture of it.

It is probably just not registered, or Speed as a MFG has some process they go through like the car MFGs do.
I’m thinking registered by RGM vs speed. Two different companies

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m thinking registered by RGM vs speed. Two different companies

Maybe. Honestly it’s another thing that does not even matter. You could just go drive the thing unregistered and no one would even approach you 99% of the time.

Speed has had street registered Speed cars in NC for almost a year.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Maybe. Honestly it’s another thing that does not even matter. You could just go drive the thing unregistered and no one would even approach you 99% of the time.

Speed has had street registered Speed cars in NC for almost a year.
Agreed completely irrelevant

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Not really.. the cars will be here before that’s in full swing and the last three pages of Jones’.. There’s always someone out there with $$ that’s going to want the latest

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Or maybe not.
No skin here but ya gotta atart wondering at some point, no

Wondering what?

You either believe them or don’t.

Speed has not been alone in waiting for government rubber stamps, especially the last couple years.

If they are lying they will likely be sued, and they probably know that.

Laguna

Reaction score
I knew it wasn’t a customer car, because the car was at the show last week and we covered ad nauseam there were no customer cars as the show.
Yeah because according to you no customer would want that or was it scratches in shipping I can't remember?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I stopped at coyne today in el centro. Asked sales guy when the speed car will be there, reply... 'no idea, you probably know as much as we do'
He didnt ask if i wanted to get on a list, call or purchase.
My read on this was even the dealers are confused.

It doesnt take 135 ft to jump a shark

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah because according to you no customer would want that or was it scratches in shipping I can't remember?

And according to you no one else cares about the gen pop messing around with their new toy before they do. “Everyone should be fine with it” 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I stopped at coyne today in el centro. Asked sales guy when the speed car will be there, reply... 'no idea, you probably know as much as we do'
He didnt ask if i wanted to get on a list, call or purchase.
My read on this was even the dealers are confused.

It doesnt take 135 ft to jump a shark

And yet they will sell every one they produce…👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.