WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
As my grandfather taught me - sometimes you have to be the bigger man and show respect to others and not wait on them to show it first.

That was on page 25 of the original thread. Long gone now.

My Grandpa also taught me that next lesson, and the next one… F’em if they can’t take a joke. 😉

Singleton

Reaction score
That was on page 25 of the original thread. Long gone now.

My Grandpa also taught me that next lesson, and the next one… F’em if they can’t take a joke. 😉

If someone ‘can’t take a joke’ it is always 100% on the one delivering the joke, not the one who is receiving it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If someone ‘can’t take a joke’ it is always 100% on the one delivering the joke, not the one who is receiving it.

If I am not even responding to people and not engaging them, it sounds like it is 100% on them at this point :)

As Ziggy said, I could not say anything here and still be be requested (disrespectfullly) to respond, while being told (also disrespectfully) not to post. 🤣

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Yes! I got 3 so far

1 was for employe retention fund
1 was for my cars extended warranty
1 was for my google listing or lack of my google listing
I got a call from someone wanting buy one of my rentals. They are blowing up my phone and texting as if they know me. :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: DLC

EPL

Reaction score
1st off I'm not a hater and hope RG pulls this off and his cars are great !! The thing that I really think is funny is RG and his worshipers on this forum can talk shit about how other manufactures vehicles suck and have stop ride notices , recalls etc and how great the Speed car is !! Last time I looked the other MFG have sold and delivered 100,000s of vehicles to the public , how many has Speed sold and delivered to the public ?????? "O" . Some of you people new to take a chill pill, get away from LOF and the keyboard and lets see how it plays out when the Speed car is delivered to the public and see how they hold up them flap your jaw !!

Backlash

Reaction score
^^^^ Bringing reason into a thread like this?? Nonsense! 🤣

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Pre-sales.😊
Just saying🤷‍♂️
There's nothing sold until the taillights cross the line in the hands of an owner with his/her product.😉😁
And I would argue that Speed has been masterfully marketing this since day one. It's what he has been best at obviously based on the "Pre Sales" Orders. :)

Singleton

Reaction score
And I would argue that Speed has been masterfully marketing this since day one. It's what he has been best at obviously based on the "Pre Sales" Orders. :)

Speed has done well with social media marketing.
Has 3k+ direct customer deposits on file, with very little direct marketing costs incurred. Has drawn a very passionate following of deposit holders. Plus they have 12k+ dealership commitments, without direct marketing.

Shows you the power of social media marketing.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I went to the off-road expo today and checked out the Speed UTV thoroughly twice. I am happy with 90% of what I saw. Fit and finish wise it's on par or better than the competition. The welds, suspension, hardware, plumbing and exhaust is miles ahead of the industry. The car is supposedly a production car, but it was missing standard items or had substitute equipment.

The 35" tires looked good, but they were sold out. For the money I will end up buying the BFG kr3's or the Toyo's.

The guy's at Speed stated that they had received their EPA approval.

What I didn't like:
1. Seat mounting and slides need a substantial upgrade. You can grab the side of the seat and it will move way to much, not solid at all. I will be changing mine ASAP.

2. The glove box and hood plastic quarter turns fasteners are junk, but easily changed.

3. Rear doors close ok, not perfect like the fronts.

I stopped by Wildwood and they said Speed/Robby have been working with them for a while and six piston calipers will become standard on RG's and a option for other models. My personal opinion is that you only need this for racing or extremely hard desert riding with 35's.

I stopped by PCI and they take your brand new unused intercom and exchange it for a Trax stereo intercom for a few hundred dollars. It also comes with upgraded jacks. They had a large display of Lowrance and Garmin GPS units and everyone at PCI recommended the Garmin Tread unit over the Lowrance for a SXS. The Garmin Tread has so many features and is so user friendly that it is a no brainer.

This is what this bread should be about. Appreciate the review on both positive and negatives.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
1st off I'm not a hater and hope RG pulls this off and his cars are great !! The thing that I really think is funny is RG and his worshipers on this forum can talk shit about how other manufactures vehicles suck and have stop ride notices , recalls etc and how great the Speed car is !! Last time I looked the other MFG have sold and delivered 100,000s of vehicles to the public , how many has Speed sold and delivered to the public ?????? "O" . Some of you people new to take a chill pill, get away from LOF and the keyboard and lets see how it plays out when the Speed car is delivered to the public and see how they hold up them flap your jaw !!

Your point is exactly mine.. if Polaris can’t even get it right and they are the industry leader.. why do you expect Speed to be perfect?

No one ever said their product would be perfect.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
He's done it from within the field of the more serious drivers, and those who wannabe.
The mass 1st time buyers know very little about Speed, they know about their friends, friend Rzr or CanAm. That's what most will buy.....today, sign the dotted line and off they go.
Honestly, if I decided to plunk down for an RG today, might I be nearly mid 60s by delivery given the massive backlog?
Everyone has a different decision making factor to cope with and the variety of available choices across numerous brands makes it possible for all to find the perfect fit.
There will never be one perfect sole brand/model.
That said, I dig @throttle bitchen a/c'd ride😄🤘🤘

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Robby himself nearly pulled out in front of me, so I beat him to the Hastings building (wanted to see the car in person) but he zoomed into the roll up door and immediately closed it behind him. He waved as he pulled in though. Lol. So, he’s in town.

2B00B565-9CC9-4D35-AD90-1C4678C7DB80.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He's done it from within the field of the more serious drivers, and those who wannabe.
The mass 1st time buyers know very little about Speed, they know about their friends, friend Rzr or CanAm. That's what most will buy.....today, sign the dotted line and off they go.
Honestly, if I decided to plunk down for an RG today, might I be nearly mid 60s by delivery given the massive backlog?
Everyone has a different decision making factor to cope with and the variety of available choices across numerous brands makes it possible for all to find the perfect fit.
There will never be one perfect sole brand/model.
That said, I dig @throttle bitchen a/c'd ride😄🤘🤘

FWIW you lock in your price if you gave gave them the $1500 deposit today.

The custom cars are done with priority.. so you’d be in the first 3k or so units built, as those have priority over dealer orders.

The AC cars are awesome. My only fear with those are the ones coming in the next couple years will make the current ones obsolete for the money spent.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Your point is exactly mine.. if Polaris can’t even get it right and they are the industry leader.. why do you expect Speed to be perfect?

No one ever said their product would be perfect.
I think at this point, people just want to see Speed cars delivered.... so we can then gather more info through consumer side R&D. Speed isn't even there yet, so kinda hard to compare it to Polaris, Can-am etc...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think at this point, people just want to see Speed cars delivered.... so we can then gather more info through consumer side R&D. Speed isn't even there yet, so kinda hard to compare it to Polaris, Can-am etc...

I agree. Let them finish the job and deliver them. As a customer I don’t want it rushed to market. I want the best from the design they have currently.

Hisun, Hastings building, suspension mount, stickers, etc. is truly just meaningless noise.

attitude

Reaction score
Robby would have way less stress and way higher margins if he just built existing UTVs. 118k asking price lol.

B7882893-2A61-430E-816A-01693D1F82F8.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Has 3k+ direct customer deposits on file, with very little direct marketing costs incurred. Has drawn a very passionate following of deposit holders. Plus they have 12k+ dealership commitments, without direct marketing.

3,000 customer deposits at about 1500$ each...not a genius, he'll, not even that smart, but that means someone's sitting on 4.5m doesn't it? I'd assume that money is making at least interest for someone...I'd think more.

I should start a business..."Faster Car"...and then "Fastest". Deposits will only be a grand. Then buy Hisun's and re-badge with different options...

Singleton

Reaction score
3,000 customer deposits at about 1500$ each...not a genius, he'll, not even that smart, but that means someone's sitting on 4.5m doesn't it? I'd assume that money is making at least interest for someone...I'd think more.

I should start a business..."Faster Car"...and then "Fastest". Deposits will only be a grand. Then buy Hisun's and re-badge with different options...
Was sitting on more IMO. 1500 is base deposit, LE is 3k and RG is 4500 now. Since they are non-refundable (can be sold to someone else and Speed will help with that process), my gut says a large % of that money has been used for R&D and paying Hisun. Hisun is most likely requiring payment for a build run to start and payment in full once the cars are completed and transferred to Speed.
No one knows if the 12k+ dealership commitments required a deposit (it would be an exception to how dealerships work, if deposits were paid).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Where did you get those numbers? I thought they were 3k to dealers and 12+ to consumers?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Was sitting on more IMO. 1500 is base deposit, LE is 3k and RG is 4500 now. Since they are non-refundable (can be sold to someone else and Speed will help with that process), my gut says a large % of that money has been used for R&D and paying Hisun. Hisun is most likely requiring payment for a build run to start and payment in full once the cars are completed and transferred to Speed.
No one knows if the 12k+ dealership commitments required a deposit (it would be an exception to how dealerships work, if deposits were paid).

From what I understand, legally all that money goes to an escrow account and speed isn’t allowed to touch it until cars are delivered.. I believe that was discussed very early on.

Otherwise it would basically be a Ponzi scheme?

Singleton

Reaction score
From what I understand, legally all that money goes to an escrow account and speed isn’t allowed to touch it until cars are delivered.. I believe that was discussed very early on.

Otherwise it would basically be a Ponzi scheme?
I believe refundable deposits work that way. Non-refundable, not sure about.
That 4.5 was leveraged IMO and could be used once cars go into production.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
All joking aside - I have friends waiting for cars, some for a few seasons now (counting this one that is around the corner) and I hope Robbie gets them handled.

It's an ambitious undertaking for sure. I think the biggest error was coming out the gate so heavy, SO EARLY, with social media and taking deposits without a reasonable ballpark timeline to execute. Obviously the hype and cashflow are benefits.....until they become a sword to fall on when you keep pushing dates.

Nobody would be upset, or bashing them if they had kept the development and advertising a little mellower and controlled the flow of information and marketing. Instead it's been like a reality TV show, right down to Robbie threatening to eliminate people :p

Hopefully the delivered cars are dialed in, I don't think there will be much mercy if they have unreasonable failures due to design or quality issues - they've hung their hat on how it's worth the wait because it's not a Polaris or CanAm, its a Robbie Effin Gordon machine that is built to take abuse and overcome all the pitfalls of the typical SXS.

jesco

Reaction score
Where did you get those numbers? I thought they were 3k to dealers and 12+ to consumers?
I always heard roughly 3k customer preorders... that was why I was questioning the huge mark up everybody thinks they are gonna get with selling them once they get it....and you have to factor in a lot of people have MULTIPLE orders under their name... So its more like 2k people with 3k preorders. I get it, you paid less, but at this point I think everybody who "has to have one" is one of those 3k preorders. The rest of us will wait a year or 2 and see how it all plays out. Again, IM NOT A HATER, dont have any issues with RG and hope this car turns out how designed, promised and talked about.... but the numbers dont add up to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think a huge problem with Speed UTV is Robby shitting on the other MFG for building a crappy car, however his car isn't a unicorn made of gold either. He wanted to be the center of attention and he has the floor for now. Speed continues to have major delays, reworks, bad PR, etc. Some examples of delays and bad PR and parts are with certs, engine design, welds, brakes at the race, breaking trailing arm, seats, doors, stickers oil leaks and more. All of this is giving the offroad population a bad taste in their mouth. Yes, Polaris has the same thing as well as can am's but they didn't go shitting on the mfg. in public about how their competition is "garbage" and more. So, this made the population intensify its scrutiny on the car and the company.

I agree with that 100%.. I think it’s actually a turn off to be talking negative about Polaris and can am.

Nothing wrong with talking about your past accomplishments and involvement but to constantly shit on em.. especially when the cars you are bringing aren’t perfect..

Not the way I woulda done it.. maybe he knows something I don’t though because he’s sitting on 16,000 orders..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I always heard roughly 3k customer preorders... that was why I was questioning the huge mark up everybody thinks they are gonna get with selling them once they get it....and you have to factor in a lot of people have MULTIPLE orders under their name... So its more like 2k people with 3k preorders. I get it, you paid less, but at this point I think everybody who "has to have one" is one of those 3k preorders. The rest of us will wait a year or 2 and see how it all plays out. Again, IM NOT A HATER, dont have any issues with RG and hope this car turns out how designed, promised and talked about.... but the numbers dont add up to me.

Even if I Jist pay for my car and turn around and sell it zero mark up I make over 11k.. because the prices have increased that much since I ordered.

No matter what the early numbers are going to make money. How much to skip to the front? That’s the only variable.

My first car is 113.. I’m sure that’s worth something? How much I don’t know..

jesco

Reaction score
Even if I Jist pay for my car and turn around and sell it zero mark up I make over 11k.. because the prices have increased that much since I ordered.

No matter what the early numbers are going to make money. How much to skip to the front? That’s the only variable.

My first car is 113.. I’m sure that’s worth something? How much I don’t know..
I get that, and I agree a little. Still think the people that "have to have one" already have one (or 3) on preorder. A lot of others are on the fence and will wait and see how it all plays out, order your same car you are selling for $11k more but to their spec/wrap/etc. Walking around the Speed both at Sand Show you could hear a lot guys there saying "yeah, Im selling my car 2XX or 3XX and keeping car 19XX because the bugs will be worked out by that number. If Berts can charge $85k for a done up RZR, Ill get $100k for my Speed car". Just dont see THAT, making $5k, $10K, ok maybe... Personally Im waiting on the bugs to get worked out, see how dealer support will go (not a huge concern but still want to see), and on the enclosed cab version with heat/AC.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I get that, and I agree a little. Still think the people that "have to have one" already have one (or 3) on preorder. A lot of others are on the fence and will wait and see how it all plays out, order your same car you are selling for $11k more but to their spec/wrap/etc. Walking around the Speed both at Sand Show you could hear a lot guys there saying "yeah, Im selling my car 2XX or 3XX and keeping car 19XX because the bugs will be worked out by that number. If Berts can charge $85k for a done up RZR, Ill get $100k for my Speed car". Just dont see THAT, making $5k, $10K, ok maybe... Personally Im waiting on the bugs to get worked out, see how dealer support will go (not a huge concern but still want to see), and on the enclosed cab version with heat/AC.

I’m going to order the AC version as well at some point.

On the rest we will just have to wait and see.. I’m hoping to clear 20’ish.. but I only have 112 people ahead of me, and I know there’s more than that, that will want the latest and greatest.. plus I have a little advantage on how many people I can market it too over the other 112. To me if it was sitting in my driveway and it was the latest and greatest and I had to have it paying the extra ten wouldn’t stop me.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score

On the rest we will just have to wait and see.. I’m hoping to clear 20’ish.. but I only have 112 people ahead of me, and I know there’s more than that, that will want the latest and greatest.. plus I have a little advantage on how many people I can market it too over the other 112. To me if it was sitting in my driveway and it was the latest and greatest and I had to have it paying the extra ten wouldn’t stop me.

BTW, have you gotten your call for payment or delivery? I have not, and I'm only 12 behind you.

JayBreww

Reaction score

Is yours the 112 El jefe or 112 deposit holder spot?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

There are more than 3000 people that have that exact mindset. They will pay just to have the latest and greatest.

If half get flipped they will still pull a premium if they start dropping this season. As you said it is $12k more just at todays price… a other $5k to $10k will likely happen.

You can’t even buy a C8 corvette for under $90k and they have been out over 2 years. See any hideous Red and neon yellow Pro Rs going for any deals at SSSS? I didn’t.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Reaction score
So.... zero skin in this game and I’m here to be entertained. But I do happen to be a math whiz and I keep hearing the same numbers thrown around and my abbucus doesn’t agree. 3k customer pre orders plus 12k dealer pre orders does not equal 16,000 orders. What am I missing, if anything. Carry on.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Robby himself nearly pulled out in front of me, so I beat him to the Hastings building (wanted to see the car in person) but he zoomed into the roll up door and immediately closed it behind him. He waved as he pulled in though. Lol. So, he’s in town.

View attachment 1160102
He has a master craft I believe? I saw him on the water last weekend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So.... zero skin in this game and I’m here to be entertained. But I do happen to be a math whiz and I keep hearing the same numbers thrown around and my abbucus doesn’t agree. 3k customer pre orders plus 12k dealer pre orders does not equal 16,000 orders. What am I missing, if anything. Carry on.

Last I heard there was 16k’ish

Singleton

Reaction score
Does anyone know what model was built in the first production run (those apx 100 built before the SSSS)?
Are they just building x of Base, then y of the LE, then z of the RG? Or mixing them up?

Also surprised, zero posts on the Speed UTV page about EPA certification.
I sure hope it is not another - “we passed the test, but pending the certification“. The way the video clip was made, it sounds like cars can come stateside now, but with nothing online, my black hat POV goes full negative,

riverroyal

Reaction score
If there is NO official EPA news from speed then obviously it’s not complete. Or is it just a genius marketing move to make everyone talk about them in a negative way.
You know, since any talk is better than none

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does anyone know what model was built in the first production run (those apx 100 built before the SSSS)?
Are they just building x of Base, then y of the LE, then z of the RG? Or mixing them up?

Also surprised, zero posts on the Speed UTV page about EPA certification.
I sure hope it is not another - “we passed the test, but pending the certification“. The way the video clip was made, it sounds like cars can come stateside now, but with nothing online, my black hat POV goes full negative,

That have said they are building them in order. They are asking people to pay for them seemingly in order. So it stands to reason that is how they are being built.

But no one knows.

Keep up the negativity!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If there is NO official EPA news from speed then obviously it’s not complete. Or is it just a genius marketing move to make everyone talk about them in a negative way.
You know, since any talk is better than none

Sounds like it worked well either way then.

Status
Not open for further replies.