WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed Cars

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Robby said in one of his latest videos , he plans on building a Speed car with a LS7 V8 ! What say you ? Is it even possible ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It’s very possible. There are enough people that will want to dig a $200k hole in the sand with 500 HP.

It will be a hand built deal if/when it happens. I suspect not for awhile though.

I think we might see the production closed cockpit cars first.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh good another speed car thread.

Better than another pride thread..

By the end of the month any red blooded RDP member will only be able to buy a Speed UTV 😂

Here is Polaris’ 2022 ESG report..

Here is Can Ams CSR report for 2022

Notice Speed DGAF about ESG.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I’m a little concerned about a 1 liter Chinese engine making 225-300 horsepower . Anybody have any insight on this ? The Rzr has a 4 cylinder making 225 , way less stressed .

dspracing

Reaction score
Are they LS swapping the semi first?

IMG_2102.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m a little concerned about a 1 liter Chinese engine making 225-300 horsepower . Anybody have any insight on this ? The Rzr has a 4 cylinder making 225 , way less stressed .

What insight are you looking for?

Speed has not had too much engine trouble in development at all. They went from Nikasil, to steel liners back to Nikasil in the block. Some ancillary parts around the engine have been revised during development as far as the turbo inlet and position, dry sump, cooling system, starters, and probably a few more pieces no one knows about. The engine was designed by NASCAR engine designers in North Carolina.

Initial reports are that it hits a bit soft on the bottom end compared to a Can Am, which comes in hard with boost, but it is at least as fast as anything out there on 91.

Can Ams make 200 stock to 400 modified on 900cc.

With the 20,000 cars sold/ordered and 10 delivered its going to be a while... and if you are stupid enough to believe that bull shit story you're obviously very patient so sit tight..
I remember when you said no one would ever get them 🤣. Now a few hundred will get them this summer.

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
Honest to god I had a little fun when these threads first started with some playful banter with LOF at the end of the day all of us who don’t have one on order just need to stay out of it. Let whatever concerns anyone has play out for those that are owners. It doesn’t concern us imagine having 40-70k wrapped up in a car that you’re excited about and people constantly asking or talkin shit. I’m actually waiting for LOF to ge this car and give his real world experience with it. I know there’s been a few videos but I feel LOF is the rdp member that has a normal driving style compared to these die hard UTV testers.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Honest to god I had a little fun when these threads first started with some playful banter with LOF at the end of the day all of us who don’t have one on order just need to stay out of it. Let whatever concerns anyone has play out for those that are owners. It doesn’t concern us imagine having 40-70k wrapped up in a car that you’re excited about and people constantly asking or talkin shit. I’m actually waiting for LOF to ge this car and give his real world experience with it. I know there’s been a few videos but I feel LOF is the rdp member that has a normal driving style compared to these die hard UTV testers.
have you been offroad with LOF? i have thousands of miles with the guy. He drives like a pussy and my grandma smokes him.

haha kidding, you are spot on. we drive hard and fast but keep it reasonable when we need to

JFMFG

Reaction score
have you been offroad with LOF? i have thousands of miles with the guy. He drives like a pussy and my grandma smokes him.

haha kidding, you are spot on. we drive hard and fast but keep it reasonable when we need to
I wasn’t gonna say it but I figured he drove like one. 😂😂😂

petie6464

Reaction score
What insight are you looking for?

Speed has not had too much engine trouble in development at all. They went from Nikasil, to steel liners back to Nikasil in the block. Some ancillary parts around the engine have been revised during development as far as the turbo inlet and position, dry sump, cooling system, starters, and probably a few more pieces no one knows about. The engine was designed by NASCAR engine designers in North Carolina.

Initial reports are that it hits a bit soft on the bottom end compared to a Can Am, which comes in hard with boost, but it is at least as fast as anything out there on 91.

Can Ams make 200 stock to 400 modified on 900cc.

I remember when you said no one would ever get them 🤣. Now a few hundred will get them this summer.
.05 % delivery on a delusional 20,000 pre-orders= FAIL.

.5 % delivery on the same delusional 20,000 pre-orders still = FAIL.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If anything, Robbie making that kinda statement when production & delivery of preorders is at its infancy is way premature.
It'll be one hell of a true off-road car if it does happen though👍👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If anything, Robbie making that kinda statement when production & delivery of preorders is at its infancy is way premature.
It'll be one hell of a true off-road car if it does happen though👍👍

I think it would suck everywhere but the dunes personally.

But it would be a halo model for the brand.

DLC

Reaction score
I was going to add, “ if it has Steering “

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Now there are pictures of dozens of them preparing for shipment from the factory.

Members are going to have their cars here soon. Cool stuff.

9174FB3E-B6AB-48CD-AA32-0DB1707D024D.jpeg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Nice color choices.

I’m going to start putting feelers out again for seat trading. Speed said that might be an option on site in Havasu as they get rolling.

I think I need a tall drivers seat, but want to keep the standard passenger seat. Hoping to trade at delivery time or find someone that wants to trade in the parking lot :)

DWC

Reaction score
I’ll follow ya In the Can Am …. Just in case you need a tow!!

lol
You making the jump to the carbon fiber radius rods? 11lbs lighter. That’s at least another 6 pack you can carry.
IMG_8752.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
You making the jump to the carbon fiber radius rods? 11lbs lighter. That’s at least another 6 pack you can carry.
Nope staying the course for proven performance and durability.

I swapped out the stock rack, tie rod heims, brake pads all around & planning rear trailing arms - mostly all OEM Take off equipment on the cheap & Lightly used low mileage.

my car has almost 6,000 miles on it! Motor runs great, trans is good and trying to do some preventative maintenance on wear out / loose parts.