WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed look out - new car coming. ;-)

sirbob

Reaction score
This company builds three wheelers now and they are moving into a new market.

This car looks bad ass - fully enclosed.

1005BDD1-64FC-49E0-ADB8-B50ADA7BBB6C.png
BE26ABE1-E3D2-4BED-903E-B70D432A2B9C.png
7E2FF90E-22E0-4D6F-888B-812135D97711.png
68A5E6DB-38C2-4071-97F9-C461BE78208F.png
C8777AC7-5D93-48E0-98C8-DF3B6E3D3B25.png
11236FDF-3D18-4364-A2AB-E5B01E2B570E.png

nowski

Reaction score
Three wheelers, didn't Dale try that...

sirbob

Reaction score
I’m getting on the list !

Reactions: Wmc

Taboma

Reaction score
This company builds three wheelers now and they are moving into a new market.

This car looks bad ass - fully enclosed.

View attachment 974203 View attachment 974204 View attachment 974205 View attachment 974206 View attachment 974207 View attachment 974208

Looks expensive, heat, AC, looks heavy. But what really grabbed my attention was the VIDAR system. Optical radar, hmmmm, other than spotting deer in the dark, curious how that would work in real time offroading, or even what it appears as on screen.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wonder if a stripped down version would be available for military applications. If it had the range, thing would be creepy as hell rolling through the desert with nothing but tire noise. Be a heck of a rock crawler platform as well with independently controlled corner motors.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
All those numbers and stats and not a single mention of battery capacity?

Whatever the price is.... add $2k on top of it for the generator required to recharge it within a couple hours.

Really only good for day trips

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
All those numbers and stats and not a single mention of battery capacity?

Whatever the price is.... add $2k on top of it for the generator required to recharge it within a couple hours.

Really only good for day trips

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Up to 60 KW/hr Battery storage with 1 hr to 80% charge. On board charger.

I can just imagine the Generator you will need to charge it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Looks expensive, heat, AC, looks heavy. But what really grabbed my attention was the VIDAR system. Optical radar, hmmmm, other than spotting deer in the dark, curious how that would work in real time offroading, or even what it appears as on screen.
People, other vehicles on a very dusty trail ahead of you....

Taboma

Reaction score
Up to 60 KW/hr Battery storage with 1 hr to 80% charge. On board charger.

I can just imagine the Generator you will need to charge it.

Stated the onboard charger was 6KW, so yeah depending on your depletion, it's going to take a few hours and more than a 2200W Honda to bring er back for day # 2. 😁

Joe mama

Reaction score
Go for a ride come back to camp, charge, have beers, repeat.
Sounds doable.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Go for a ride come back to camp, charge, have beers, repeat.
Sounds doable.
Estimated 200 miles on 1 charge. You know that is estimated with zero wheel slip and damn near flat ground. I bet that real world number off road would be closer to 30 miles between the tire spin, elevation changes, hard acceleration, and high speed. Then if the weather isnt great or if its too dusty so you want to use the climate controls, range depleted even further.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Estimated 200 miles on 1 charge. You know that is estimated with zero wheel slip and damn near flat ground. I bet that real world number off road would be closer to 30 miles between the tire spin, elevation changes, hard acceleration, and high speed. Then if the weather isnt great or if its too dusty so you want to use the climate controls, range depleted even further.
Well that just means more beers. Lol

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Cool , another coal powered electric car !
Exactly - You’ll need earplugs around camp while your 35KW Diesel Generator roars to recharge your batteries for Day 2. Not sure how that’s saving Gretas Environment?

Thanks but I’ll stick with good old fashioned fossil fuel horsepower. My neighbors at camp might kill me with that Genny screaming all night long, lol 😂

hallett21

Reaction score
If you can afford 60-100k you can afford the Honda 7000s to charge it [emoji41].

Like it or not these will be the future. I’m having flashbacks to how outboards will never be better than the 2stroke 2.5 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Nothing better than huge claims and then a CGI pic. But they did build three wheelers. Lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Exactly - You’ll need earplugs around camp while your 35KW Diesel Generator roars to recharge your batteries for Day 2. Not sure how that’s saving Gretas Environment?

Thanks but I’ll stick with good old fashioned fossil fuel horsepower. My neighbors at camp might kill me with that Genny screaming all night long, lol 😂

An acquaintance has an electric dirt bike and has the same problem. Uses it once and done for the weekend.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Stated the onboard charger was 6KW, so yeah depending on your depletion, it's going to take a few hours and more than a 2200W Honda to bring er back for day # 2. 😁

It would be like having a bitchen remote control car, package says comes with wall charger. You're 15 min. in and boom... done till the next day. :mad: :)

Taboma

Reaction score
It would be like having a bitchen remote control car, package says comes with wall charger. You're 15 min. in and boom... done till the next day. :mad: :)

I noticed they offered their three wheelers in both gas and electric versions. Not sure why not this offroad vehicle, unless as I've read, exceeding 1,000 CC's places it in a vehicle category, with numerous regulation baggage ?? For my wife and I, the very reason for offroading is to feel like we're outside, exposed to the elements and communing with nature. If I wanted AC, Heat, and a nice stereo, I'd just drive my Raptor or go buy a Jeep. We have a 22' boat and two jets skis, because if I want luxury, or all the comforts of home, we'd have kept our sports fisher --- with an open flybridge, not enclosed bridge or pilot house.

So no, I won't be buying one of these, in fact I'm mostly curious exactly who the marketing is tailored towards. Now perhaps in Utah, given the warm summer temps and cold winter temps, the New Gen Tech crowd will love these things ????? Same young tech types who enjoy Teslas or other "E" cars I suppose ??

Similar reason why I don't want or own an Autonomous driving vehicle --- because I'm not interested in the tech or just sitting there while "HAL" drives me anywhere. ;)
And having an "E" car would drive me mad as I'd be constantly checking the Charge meter --- nope, give me fossil fuel 👍👍👍

Although I just got off the phone with my son, who just dropped his buddy off at the airport and was driving back to Ventura in the guy's Tesla S. As he's describing the experience of being driven home by the car, the technology sounds amazing. Then he got it home and he's cracking up because he has no idea how to shut the damned thing off. 😂

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I noticed they offered their three wheelers in both gas and electric versions. Not sure why not this offroad vehicle, unless as I've read, exceeding 1,000 CC's places it in a vehicle category, with numerous regulation baggage ?? For my wife and I, the very reason for offroading is to feel like we're outside, exposed to the elements and communing with nature. If I wanted AC, Heat, and a nice stereo, I'd just drive my Raptor or go buy a Jeep. We have a 22' boat and two jets skis, because if I want luxury, or all the comforts of home, we'd have kept our sports fisher --- with an open flybridge, not enclosed bridge or pilot house.

So no, I won't be buying one of these, in fact I'm mostly curious exactly who the marketing is tailored towards. Now perhaps in Utah, given the warm summer temps and cold winter temps, the New Gen Tech crowd will love these things ????? Same young tech types who enjoy Teslas or other "E" cars I suppose ??

Similar reason why I don't want or own an Autonomous driving vehicle --- because I'm not interested in the tech or just sitting there while "HAL" drives me anywhere. ;)
And having an "E" car would drive me mad as I'd be constantly checking the Charge meter --- nope, give me fossil fuel 👍👍👍

Although I just got off the phone with my son, who just dropped his buddy off at the airport and was driving back to Ventura in the guy's Tesla S. As he's describing the experience of being driven home by the car, the technology sounds amazing. Then he got it home and he's cracking up because he has no idea how to shut the damned thing off. 😂

Spot on. If you remember the No Cobra Jeep thread my off road experience is there. For me its exactly as you describe. A nice run, helping others crawl around, fix some shit, pull some cable, and move some rocks. I like that stuff. Your connected with what the adventure at hand brings you. Not in the latest and greatest but that's just fine.

So now in my mid 50's and I have to admit my wants are changing a bit (more comfort) but I will not be on a run with an electric vehicle because they have a time frame. Just like when we invite folks out on the Ocean or the river and we get "we have to be back by?" deadline time, not for me.

This thing sounds nice however since I have zero SXS experience I'll just continue to get owned (passed close and fast with a middle finger - especially in Ocotillo) and I mosey down the trail, windows down or up.

Mojave road end of March. How do you run that in an electric off roader? You pull that 8 kva Diesel gen set on a off road purpose built trailer. ;)

Taboma

Reaction score
Spot on. If you remember the No Cobra Jeep thread my off road experience is there. For me its exactly as you describe. A nice run, helping others crawl around, fix some shit, pull some cable, and move some rocks. I like that stuff. Your connected with what the adventure at hand brings you. Not in the latest and greatest but that's just fine.

So now in my mid 50's and I have to admit my wants are changing a bit (more comfort) but I will not be on a run with an electric vehicle because they have a time frame. Just like when we invite folks out on the Ocean or the river and we get "we have to be back by?" deadline time, not for me.

This thing sounds nice however since I have zero SXS experience I'll just continue to get owned (passed close and fast with a middle finger - especially in Ocotillo) and I mosey down the trail, windows down or up.

Mojave road end of March. How do you run that in an electric off roader? You pull that 8 kva Diesel gen set on a off road purpose built trailer. ;)

100% --- at over 70 years young, comfort, oh yes, I'm occasionally having to bend a knee to aches and pains, pisses me off, but it beats the shit outta dead. :oops:

I'm an old analog dino living in a digital world and slowly being forced to give ground and embrace it in baby steps. A little over a year ago I had an old flip phone and had never texted in my life. Now I can't even keep my dentist appointment without Texting back "C" if I'm going to keep my appointment.

I'm being slowly marketed out of existence, it's a joke around my home, that if I find almost anything I like and find comfortable, like shoes, underwear, a coffee creamer, doesn't seem to matter --- if I like it, I better rush back and buy a case, because in a month or so, I'll never find it again. There's no money in catering to me, unless it's my future with Depends in it for shit's sake. :mad:

So it's easy for this ole bird, one who consumes more than his SS allotment purchasing new fucking batteries annually, to ask ---- WHY would anybody want more batteries in their lives ?????? But it seems without driving but a few blocks I'm seeing more and more Teslas or other "E" machines, somebody does 🤔 :rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Head out to Barstow with us one day when I bring my RZR back to OC if you want a little SXS experience.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you can afford 60-100k you can afford the Honda 7000s to charge it [emoji41].

Like it or not these will be the future. I’m having flashbacks to how outboards will never be better than the 2stroke 2.5 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the future in California at least cause that gasoline vehicle ban by 2035 effects off road vehicles as well.

Haven't heard if it effects boats as well.....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It is the future in California at least cause that gasoline vehicle ban by 2035 effects off road vehicles as well.

Haven't heard if it effects boats as well.....

It’s a stop sale of gas cars in 2035, not an outright ban. I don’t thing it’s going to happen the way it sounds anyway.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It’s a stop sale of gas cars in 2035, not an outright ban. I don’t thing it’s going to happen the way it sounds anyway.
That's what I was referring to the stopping of new sales of gasoline vehicles that includes off road vehicles. I'm really hoping it doesn't actually go through.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's what I was referring to the stopping of new sales of gasoline vehicles that includes off road vehicles. I'm really hoping it doesn't actually go through.

Probably won’t go through. Recall we were supposed to have autonomous cars by now 😂