Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
12 to 18 days on ship
1 to 3 day to offload
1 to 2 weeks sitting at China dock?
1 to 2 weeks clearing customs
1 day shipping
6 to 7 weeks once it hits port in China.

Obviously a guess. I'm not a logistics guy. But 6 weeks sound right.
Ship won't sail faster. Ports won't move faster, slower if anything.
1000+ cars from Europe landing at port in Hueneme would be unloaded in a day, de-cosmolined, washed, processed and on trucks to dealerships in a few days.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
1000+ cars from Europe landing at port in Hueneme would be unloaded in a day, de-cosmolined, washed, processed and on trucks to dealerships in a few days.
For years now. Acres of asphalt full of cars. Incredible operation.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some reviews from one of the 11 hand built non-production models they have going out soon. Especially a dune review.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Wonder if the assembly instructions for the cars are fuk'd up Chinese to English translations?
😊😂
As long as it has pictures and includes the assembly tools, we’re golden. 👍🏻

1674591534182.jpeg

renodaytona

Reaction score
I've always said I hope these turn out to be as great as they have been touted from the beginning. I'm looking for a deal on an X3 Max ;)

Albacore

Reaction score
It never fails I knew there would be something someone would find as soon as they showed up and they couldn’t complain about that part anymore.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
It never fails I knew there would be something someone would find as soon as they showed up and they couldn’t complain about that part anymore.
Might want get to know Ziggy.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You obviously don't know me very well, so if that's what you think that's on you. I've not once poo-poo'd, complained, whined or faulted Speed. A start up of this magnitude is tough enough to get rolling without the current world issues.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
pretty sure @dirtslinger2 was one of the earlier car #'s.... any update on when to expect yours?
I'm 125, I haven't gotten a hard date yet, it's possible I'm in this first set of 77 that are coming since my number was moved up, but nothing in writing. I actually think @RiverDave has a number lower than me.

Edit: I have a couple friends with lower number than me by a bunch, they should definitely be within the first 77 since I think their number is naturally lower than 77 and they are AZ customers

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
My wife would have murdered me if we bet 😂😂. I’ml owe you beers for sure. You near the eastvale area?
Next time you are in Havasu I will let you buy me a beer. 🍺😁

Reactions: Wmc

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I'm 125, I haven't gotten a hard date yet, it's possible I'm in this first set of 77 that are coming since my number was moved up, but nothing in writing. I actually think @RiverDave has a number lower than me.

Edit: I have a couple friends with lower number than me by a bunch, they should definitely be within the first 77 since I think their number is naturally lower than 77 and they are AZ customers
The question is if they supposedly have their CARB cert will they go back and start building the California cars they skipped over.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
The question is if they supposedly have their CARB cert will they go back and start building the California cars they skipped over.

I think I heard Robby mention that, that would take place. Either way, my number is low enough, I'm not to terribly worried.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Here is something interesting that is attached to the inside of the cars.

Do other SXS's have a tag similar that tells them how "clean" their engine is?

Attachments

• 415858.2FB3F299-AF9A-4B93-B73A-A0B61CB33779.jpeg
    415858.2FB3F299-AF9A-4B93-B73A-A0B61CB33779.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 213

infield

Reaction score
It will be a while before they get to Dan's Cycle in Hesston, KS. On that map of dealers it looked like he was one of them. Runs a real good store.

riverroyal2

Reaction score
You obviously don't know me very well, so if that's what you think that's on you. I've not once poo-poo'd, complained, whined or faulted Speed. A start up of this magnitude is tough enough to get rolling without the current world issues.
you need a BMW dealership. That all I got

Albacore

Reaction score

Sorry as I dot know you all. Completely agree with you above. Huge undertaking I’m still surprised there at this point. I figured it would take even longer and completely trying to be patient at 3200 ish on the order list. I’d wait another year if I knew when I got it it would be completely free of any mechanical issue. I hope smooth sailing for them as the next part of the ride starts as these get out in the dirt with the first customers.

702sandman

Reaction score
My friend Nick Olsen (Chupacabra) is I think #2 on the list of 10 first cars so he should have his any day. He’s supposed to come to vegas when he gets it to do some content. I also have a friend that’s heading to Havasu tomorrow to test with Robbie the 2 that they are keeping. I’ll have some feed Back from him when he test’s them this weekend

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Robby. I had asked him if he knew what number I'd be moved up to. A guy posted recently that he was 129 and was told he would be now be the 80th car built, which to me meant I would now be within the first 77 built, if he was accurate.

Robby told me he's in Havasu for at least the next 45 days, and he didn't have any of that paperwork there at the Havasu building, nor did he have those details on his phone, but he would try and get ahold of the office in NC when he had time.

We had an interesting/informative conversation.

1. The next 24 cars will be shipping next week, as the factory is on holiday until Sunday
2. These first 12 cars showing up are a little out of order because they wanted to ship 6 RG edition and 6 LE cars, if you watched the live yesterday, those 6 were all LE cars.
3. They will be shipping 500 in April, unless some unforeseen issues come up that they don't expect.
4. They are also shipping parts, mainly electronic parts since those are where they feel they have the most risk, IE...Starters, Coils, PTE's etc.......He said they have had a couple starters go bad, and the PTE's when I asked what that was, were the remote key fobs, they have also had a couple of those act up, and the cars come with 2, a regular key fob, and custom key fob, which can be configured as the extra HP, or a valet key, where you can set limits on the car speed etc....
5. The 500 coming in April will all be from Vietnam
6. Vietnam has been in the works for over a year and a half, they were never going to build the complete assembly line in China, Vietnam was only a surprise for people to hear, not a surprise for Speed. He told Vietnam saves them a lot, tariffs, hourly rates, easier shipping of parts to the assembly plan, and also getting cars out of port.
7. Mexico is most likely never happening, they would be paying Tariffs twice, a Tariff to get stuff into Mexico, and then a Tariff out of Mexico into the US
8. Expect to see a bunch more video and photos coming today.
9. The cars are much nicer than what was shown at the SSSS, they have been tweaking some stuff here and there and getting the fit and finish even better.
10. Prices will be going up today or tomorrow, somewhere around $60K will be the new price if you were to order today.

We also talked about me never owning an SXS, nor have I even driven one besides my old Rhino, he told me, I'm probably never driving my Baja again.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
My friend Nick Olsen (Chupacabra) is I think #2 on the list of 10 first cars so he should have his any day. He’s supposed to come to vegas when he gets it to do some content. I also have a friend that’s heading to Havasu tomorrow to test with Robbie the 2 that they are keeping. I’ll have some feed Back from him when he test’s them this weekend

Nick is going to be a great person to follow along with in regards to the Speed UTV's

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Another take away, not from RG and I's conversation, but some of these first 12 car owners are already in Havasu, so they may be getting their cars earlier than the middle of Feb.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So when do all the haters in here start to talk about how badass thier car is and spend another 30k in upgrades to make their super unique (like every other SXS our there)😂😂😂😂

Should be fun to watch.

Serious question, when you guys line up your totally custom side by sides next to all the other totally custom side by sides, how do you pick them out of the group? When I see the desert pictures of all these out there it reminds me of the turnstyles at the luggage pick up at the airport. We would always tie some ridiculously colored bow to the bags😂.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Robby. I had asked him if he knew what number I'd be moved up to. A guy posted recently that he was 129 and was told he would be now be the 80th car built, which to me meant I would now be within the first 77 built, if he was accurate.

Robby told me he's in Havasu for at least the next 45 days, and he didn't have any of that paperwork there at the Havasu building, nor did he have those details on his phone, but he would try and get ahold of the office in NC when he had time.

We had an interesting/informative conversation.

1. The next 24 cars will be shipping next week, as the factory is on holiday until Sunday
2. These first 12 cars showing up are a little out of order because they wanted to ship 6 RG edition and 6 LE cars, if you watched the live yesterday, those 6 were all LE cars.
3. They will be shipping 500 in April, unless some unforeseen issues come up that they don't expect.
4. They are also shipping parts, mainly electronic parts since those are where they feel they have the most risk, IE...Starters, Coils, PTE's etc.......He said they have had a couple starters go bad, and the PTE's when I asked what that was, were the remote key fobs, they have also had a couple of those act up, and the cars come with 2, a regular key fob, and custom key fob, which can be configured as the extra HP, or a valet key, where you can set limits on the car speed etc....
5. The 500 coming in April will all be from Vietnam
6. Vietnam has been in the works for over a year and a half, they were never going to build the complete assembly line in China, Vietnam was only a surprise for people to hear, not a surprise for Speed. He told Vietnam saves them a lot, tariffs, hourly rates, easier shipping of parts to the assembly plan, and also getting cars out of port.
7. Mexico is most likely never happening, they would be paying Tariffs twice, a Tariff to get stuff into Mexico, and then a Tariff out of Mexico into the US
8. Expect to see a bunch more video and photos coming today.
9. The cars are much nicer than what was shown at the SSSS, they have been tweaking some stuff here and there and getting the fit and finish even better.
10. Prices will be going up today or tomorrow, somewhere around $60K will be the new price if you were to order today.

We also talked about me never owning an SXS, nor have I even driven one besides my old Rhino, he told me, I'm probably never driving my Baja again.
So 2022/2023 riding season is out for 99% of the people
2023/2024 looks promising

They are made in Vietnam now? Is it still hisan making them? I wasn’t aware they had a Vietnam plant.

I feel like China is better than Vietnam