WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

DBMX

Reaction score
My friend Nick Olsen (Chupacabra) is I think #2 on the list of 10 first cars so he should have his any day. He’s supposed to come to vegas when he gets it to do some content. I also have a friend that’s heading to Havasu tomorrow to test with Robbie the 2 that they are keeping. I’ll have some feed Back from him when he test’s them this weekend
I'm already telling Nick I'm coming to AZ for a ride along. 😂 He's gonna be a popular guy.

Singleton

Reaction score
So 2022/2023 riding season is out for 99% of the people
2023/2024 looks promising

They are made in Vietnam now? Is it still hisan making them? I wasn’t aware they had a Vietnam plant.

I feel like China is better than Vietnam
Hisun is still building them and they had a location in Vietnam already.
building in Vietnam has a ton of benefits that make financial sense and removes the China c19 BS factor.

Not sure 500 will be shipped in April. That is an aggressive, but can see 500 being shipped between now and June.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Robby. I had asked him if he knew what number I'd be moved up to. A guy posted recently that he was 129 and was told he would be now be the 80th car built, which to me meant I would now be within the first 77 built, if he was accurate.

Robby told me he's in Havasu for at least the next 45 days, and he didn't have any of that paperwork there at the Havasu building, nor did he have those details on his phone, but he would try and get ahold of the office in NC when he had time.

We had an interesting/informative conversation.

1. The next 24 cars will be shipping next week, as the factory is on holiday until Sunday
2. These first 12 cars showing up are a little out of order because they wanted to ship 6 RG edition and 6 LE cars, if you watched the live yesterday, those 6 were all LE cars.
3. They will be shipping 500 in April, unless some unforeseen issues come up that they don't expect.
4. They are also shipping parts, mainly electronic parts since those are where they feel they have the most risk, IE...Starters, Coils, PTE's etc.......He said they have had a couple starters go bad, and the PTE's when I asked what that was, were the remote key fobs, they have also had a couple of those act up, and the cars come with 2, a regular key fob, and custom key fob, which can be configured as the extra HP, or a valet key, where you can set limits on the car speed etc....
5. The 500 coming in April will all be from Vietnam
6. Vietnam has been in the works for over a year and a half, they were never going to build the complete assembly line in China, Vietnam was only a surprise for people to hear, not a surprise for Speed. He told Vietnam saves them a lot, tariffs, hourly rates, easier shipping of parts to the assembly plan, and also getting cars out of port.
7. Mexico is most likely never happening, they would be paying Tariffs twice, a Tariff to get stuff into Mexico, and then a Tariff out of Mexico into the US
8. Expect to see a bunch more video and photos coming today.
9. The cars are much nicer than what was shown at the SSSS, they have been tweaking some stuff here and there and getting the fit and finish even better.
10. Prices will be going up today or tomorrow, somewhere around $60K will be the new price if you were to order today.

We also talked about me never owning an SXS, nor have I even driven one besides my old Rhino, he told me, I'm probably never driving my Baja again.

Dumb question, but why would you go from 129 to 80??

If I'm 113 where does that put me?

RD

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
So I posted the delivery video on Fb Razor nation and apparently it was not well received = they removed the post about 15 hours later lol🤣

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
So 2022/2023 riding season is out for 99% of the people
2023/2024 looks promising

They are made in Vietnam now? Is it still hisan making them? I wasn’t aware they had a Vietnam plant.

I feel like China is better than Vietnam

2023 riding season depends on where you live and what you actually do for offroading, myself, there really is no season, we race all year round, all thru the summer, so I can use mine for pre-running. You can also go out of CA/AZ deserts to get out of the heat.

Yes, they will be built in Vietnam, Hisun has a plant there, and have had it for years it appears, also appears that may actually be where they do their assembly lines before sending to the states for final production, but I don't follow Hisun, so I'm speculating.

I actually disagree, I like Vietnam more than China.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Dumb question, but why would you go from 129 to 80??

If I'm 113 where does that put me?

RD

Robby told me, and others, that California customers are getting bypasses due to no Carb, so that moves you up in line if you are an out of Cali customer, he also said Coyne is not getting their CA cars, and he had some close friends that he told they would have to wait a bit so real life customers would get their cars first.

I posted this many weeks ago in here.

DLC

Reaction score
This is exciting to stand back and watch how this is going to be delivered!

so much negativity about these cars!

Price going up to $60 !! That would potentially give early deposit buyers even more upside $$$….

It’s looking like that may be a Fantastic investment for some people !

ZSTIV

Reaction score
2023 riding season depends on where you live and what you actually do for offroading, myself, there really is no season, we race all year round, all thru the summer, so I can use mine for pre-running. You can also go out of CA/AZ deserts to get out of the heat.

Yes, they will be built in Vietnam, Hisun has a plant there, and have had it for years it appears, also appears that may actually be where they do their assembly lines before sending to the states for final production, but I don't follow Hisun, so I'm speculating.

I actually disagree, I like Vietnam more than China.
Thank you you for all the info!
I am #675
which i believe puts me in that 500 that "ship" in april.
hoping that's the case, have a ride in Utah Memorial day weekend I want the car for!
getting close!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I think they got another container

A349AE98-C6ED-46B9-BFD1-05C82AB3613E.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Honest question - has anything been posted on when CARB will approve.
An online spokesperson said everything passed and waiting on cert 6+ months ago. I called BS on that, but as a potential CA customer, I am not moving until that is resolved,

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Robby told me, and others, that California customers are getting bypasses due to no Carb, so that moves you up in line if you are an out of Cali customer, he also said Coyne is not getting their CA cars, and he had some close friends that he told they would have to wait a bit so real life customers would get their cars first.

I posted this many weeks ago in here.
In last update a few weeks ago , Robbie said "im told by my source that we passed Carb, and I was hoping to have the certificate in my hands before this show tonight"
Did they get the cert?

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
In last update a few weeks ago , Robbie said "im told by my source that we passed Carb, and I was hoping to have the certificate in my hands before this show tonight"
Did they get the cert?

It does not appear they did.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
i don’t believe anyone has had the balls to actually do it mostly all talk with no money being thrown down
Well, he has posted in other threads and not this one. Got to give him credit, especially now with new cars in Havasu.

Oh shit...

That looks 100 times better without the ghay azz orange! 👍🏼
I like the orange. You could have just said
1674681569909.jpeg

😂

EmpirE231

Reaction score
white car looks good! hoping to catch one or two of these out in Glamis over the next couple trips before the season is over.

chopperx

Germaine Marine
Reaction score
In a way I feel Bad for the owners of the low number cars. Between everyone wanting to ride in it or just ask questions about it, they are going to mob them and they wont be able to just go enjoy the new car they just bought

Albacore

Reaction score
Another take away, not from RG and I's conversation, but some of these first 12 car owners are already in Havasu, so they may be getting their cars earlier than the middle of Feb.
Thank you for all that info making me feel better all the time. I will be asking about the Diablo‘s since that’s what I have on order next week I was going to wait till February I know they’re busier than shit.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
In a way I feel Bad for the owners of the low number cars. Between everyone wanting to ride in it or just ask questions about it, they are going to mob them and they wont be able to just go enjoy the new car they just bought
Hence why people have 2+ on order. If these things are bad ass and the new price is 60K with a 1+ year wait i imagine some of the first buyers will take delivery sit on them and sell at a huge profit.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
"Over here is going to be all glass...over here is going to be a bar...over here will be the restaurant...outside will be fire pits and, and, and..."

A restaurant and bar? Those are full time jobs all on their own. Seems to me at this point he should be focused on delivering cars and getting caught up there before we worry about making a party hangout.