WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You Tube has it. 5th hour. Understand this, i do not understand the hate in these threads towards a man that has accomplished what RG has accomplished in his lifetime.
RG needs a PR department at this point.

Truthfully, there are only a couple of people actually hating.

The rest of us are just following along, pretty much in disbelief.

Kinna like watching the Kardashians, yano? It's a train wreck in progress. Who knows when and where it will end, or what the next chapter will bring.

Good entertainment for sure. 👍🏼

P. S. Still hoping it works out for all of the peeps with deposits, as one of my good friends has one himself.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You Tube has it. 5th hour. Understand this, i do not understand the hate in these threads towards a man that has accomplished what RG has accomplished in his lifetime.
Yes I agree. I like the concept of the car but it’s still got a long way to go. I think in order to succeed he needs a business guy to run it

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Yes I agree. I like the concept of the car but it’s still got a long way to go. I think in order to succeed he needs a business guy to run it
You been around here many years & obviously have off road & desert knowledge and experience. Actually your comments come off as good information that comes from hands on experience. Not so in many of the bullshit or moronic posts that are created no matter what the subject. Guess could be called peer pressure.

Skywonders

Banned
Reaction score
He can drive a vehicle but pretty sure everyone of his business ventures have failed or are on the verge of failure. The SST is circling the drain. Speed Energy is done and the Chinese RC cars are “Sh*t” and well Artic Cat and Polaris failed. What has he accomplished besides driving?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Years back, seems like eternity, I said speed needs PR people.
I got crapped on because' robbie, robbie robbie, he is so truthful. Blah blah

This weekend would have been bad timing to talk poorly about the competition 😁

I have to ask....lap 1, how did they compare to 'equal' utv's? On pace, getting smoked? Mid pack?

Next why would you not run a thermostat? Whats the race logic to this?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

I have to ask....lap 1, how did they compare to 'equal' utv's? On pace, getting smoked? Mid pack?

ROBBY definitely needs a professional PR firm.

The Speeds were getting smoked the first lap.

Most of the time when someone pulls a thermostat, they are trying to prevent overheating by increasing water flow.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score

If you are going to comment daily about Robby Gordon, how about spelling his name correctly.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

here you go, now i will be comparing speed to all classes (pro turbo, pro na and pro unlimited)

Also note: both Speed cars are hand built race cars.

Speed Best Lap (they raced in UTV Pro Unlimited)
RG LAP 1 time 2H 38M 36S DNF
MG Lap 1 time 2H 09M 30S DNF

Best Lap in same class

Garrick Lastra (won class) CANAM
Lap 1 time 1H 55M 45S

looking at other classes

Pro Turbo best lap (overall)
Joe Terrana (fun fact my friend helped build this car and co drove) Also won class CANAM
Lap 1 time 1H 52M 36S

Pro N/A best lap overall
Carson Wernimont (2nd in class) Kawi
lap 3 time 2H 4M 25S

for fun measure
UTV Super Stock, Stock frame, engine, just basic safety requirements
Lanse Chournos (finished 10th in class) RZR
Lap 2 time 2H 12M 51S

UTV Sportman
Best lap by Tim Seymour RZR
Lap 1 time 2H 31M 37S

Class 11
Blake Wilkey 5th in class
Lap 2 time 2H 39M 4S

NicPaus

Reaction score
What would it cost to build the CaAm that won? Just curious.

kfawcett1977

Reaction score
Not that I care, but did he walk out with the money or a judgement ? You can spend one, the other you might spend a lot more of your own to actually get before that little company Textron writes a check.
My only interest in RG is if his new Taco Shop in Havasu works on Wildcat XX's. 😁
You do realize textron, that little company is a 13 billion dollar a year company. Textron owns Cessna aircraft, beechcraft aircraft, artiac cat, bell helicopters, etc.

Not that I care, but did he walk out with the money or a judgement ? You can spend one, the other you might spend a lot more of your own to actually get before that little company Textron writes a check.
My only interest in RG is if his new Taco Shop in Havasu works on Wildcat XX's. 😁
You

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
ROBBY definitely needs a professional PR firm.

The Speeds were getting smoked the first lap.

Most of the time when someone pulls a thermostat, they are trying to prevent overheating by increasing water flow.
And in alot of cases it does the opposite because the coolant is not contacting the surface long enough to transfer heat.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I really like the looks of the car and it's potential, I think RGs comments gets him into a lot of trouble. Not that I am, or can every build a state of the art SxS but if I was to have a project like that I would invest every second of my time building, testing, improving the crap out of it for as long as it takes, then start releasing as I build up supply and NEVER bad mouth any other brand that just makes a company look petty and jealous. I WOULD NEVER spread myself thin by bring out every thinkable swag or other products until I am almost ready to release the product to the consumer. Once all is said and done, bragging a bit may be OK once it is out there and you are beating the crap out of the competition but ONLY THEN. All that said, I hope these cars get out to the public some day and are as good as hoped by all who are interested in owning them. Just My Opinion...

BabyRay

Reaction score
I really like the looks of the car and its potential, I think RGs comments gets him into a lot of trouble. Not that I am, or can every build a state of the art SxS but if I was to have a project like that I would invest every second of my time building, testing, improving the crap out of it for as long as it takes, then start releasing as I build up supply and NEVER bad mouth any other brand that just makes a company look petty and jealous. I WOULD NEVER spread myself thin by bring out every thinkable swag or other products until I am almost ready to release the product to the consumer. Once all is said and done, bragging a bit may be OK once it is out there and you are beating the crap out of the competition but ONLY THEN. All that said, I hope these cars get out to the public some day and are as good as hoped by all who are interested in owning them. Just My Opinion...
I have no skin in the game, and I wish nothing but the best to all involved. Also, I think a lot of the criticism is just keyboard warrior stuff. However, I have to agree with everything PaPaG said. Bad-mouthing competition will always backfire, and expanding product lines too quickly is a common mistake made by unseasoned entrepreneurs. Hey, I watch Shark Tank, LOL.

Seriously though, when I owned a manufacturing business if it got back to us that sales reps had disparaged a competitor, it resulted in a reprimand, and I even called the competitor and the customer to apologize. That doesn’t mean you can’t show how well made your own product is. Keep it positive!

Also, we did everything we could to avoid being pushed into offering a product that complicated our production. You can’t make money if you’re fumbling around. Yeah, sometimes you have to stretch, but not when you’re starting out, and not unless the potential reward exceeds the risk.

It appears Speed management hasn’t yet learned how important these points are. Well, maybe they have by now, and it’s just difficult to quickly unwind.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Some have been delivered. They’re in the SXS version of NICU though. They’re being held until they’re healthy enough for release. 😬
219-2199771_ill-gladly-pay-you-tuesday-for-a-hamburger.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He can drive a vehicle but pretty sure everyone of his business ventures have failed or are on the verge of failure. The SST is circling the drain. Speed Energy is done and the Chinese RC cars are “Sh*t” and well Artic Cat and Polaris failed. What has he accomplished besides driving?

How do ya figure any of that?

sml

Reaction score
At this point I just want to buy one because most people are haters. I’ll wait for an enclosed cab hvac model.

Who cares what the guys says. If you don’t like it don’t buy one. I’m sure i’ve said things that made people want to not do business with me and i’ll still be doing fine with or without them. Pretty sure that’s how speed is going to go….if i was robby and was lurking here, i’d have screen names/real names/pics/etc of some guys on here posted at the door to the new bar and restaurant saying not welcome :D

Orange Juice

Reaction score
At this point I just want to buy one because most people are haters. I’ll wait for an enclosed cab hvac model.

Who cares what the guys says. If you don’t like it don’t buy one. I’m sure i’ve said things that made people want to not do business with me and i’ll still be doing fine with or without them. Pretty sure that’s how speed is going to go….if i was robby and was lurking here, i’d have screen names/real names/pics/etc of some guys on here posted at the door to the new bar and restaurant saying not welcome :D
B9796AC2-3E04-41A1-8286-E6C99675926A.jpeg

EarpRider

Reaction score
You guys do realize they got their ass handed to them by most of the field at the MINT. I know I know there testing but I thought it was race ready out of the box, its going to take a long time to sort these cars out and who knows what the competition will have out by then. Personally watching but no way I would buy for a couple of years.
Sooo an old Subaru finished (officially) but Speed didn't, maybe everyone is investing in the wrong car?🤔 🤣😅
Screenshot_20230314-185526_Facebook.jpg