WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Well it will be interesting to see what that is.. although that guy is such a hater who knows
I think it's the rollover ball valve for the air oil separator again. Both old and new designs have gotten stuck on Robby.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Well it will be interesting to see what that is.. although that guy is such a hater who knows
Screenshot_20230531_214950_Instagram.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
Kind of wild that so many people just want this to fail lol.

Especially with RDP members always being knowledgeable in everything. Fluid (oil etc) on a hot pipe will always smoke.

If they’re pieces of shit so be it. But everything I’ve seen says they’re the real deal with some growing pains.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The last video they were discussing their pdi process and how they are improving it etc

Cool.

It's a never ending process when you have different vehicles, and changes, from year to year.

They need a whole department dedicated to it, to provide feedback to the production department and assembly lines.

Just thinking about it makes me tired!

Man I'm glad I'm retired. 🤣

sandshark1

Reaction score
Kind of wild that so many people just want this to fail lol.

Especially with RDP members always being knowledgeable in everything. Fluid (oil etc) on a hot pipe will always smoke.

If they’re pieces of shit so be it. But everything I’ve seen says they’re the real deal with some growing pains.

I don't think people want him to fail. It is more getting a chuckle out of how he said he was going to do everything better and I won't release it till it perfect talk and yet he is no different than the rest.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't think people want him to fail. It is more getting a chuckle out of how he said he was going to do everything better and I won't release it till it perfect talk and yet he is no different than the rest.

So well said!!!!

To be fair, it's not all about HIM being better or worse than anyone else, it's about the process. When you're doing the same thing everyone else is doing, farming out everything over seas, how could it possibly be any different??

Hopefully, the product will out shine the process, once it's all dialed in. 👍

EmpirE231

Reaction score
so how many total speed cars have been delivered to customers as of today?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’m thinking less than 50 likely closer to 25, I could be way off tho. This is my own assumption without facts to back it up.

outboard_256

Reaction score

I think 2 sets of 12 have been delivered to havasu. Speed kept a couple, and I am not sure how many customers actually picked them up. So at most 22, but probably less than 20 is my guess.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Congratulations man I know you’ll be one we can count on for a little more info and maybe some questions we have.
For sure, I've never owned a SXS, so I won't be able to compare there, but I'll give an honest review, and I'm not scared to take her out in the heat or hook it up and go where it's cooler, I got tons of vacation and not real trips planned that would prevent me from heading to UT, Northern NV, or Williams area.

I'm not expecting to see it till probably late July/August, but my FIL is one of the guides on this https://easternsierrajamboree.com/ so I'm planning on heading up that way. Never done it, but I know he offroads almost year round, and there are some killer rides I've seen pics of.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
For sure, I've never owned a SXS, so I won't be able to compare there, but I'll give an honest review, and I'm not scared to take her out in the heat or hook it up and go where it's cooler, I got tons of vacation and not real trips planned that would prevent me from heading to UT, Northern NV, or Williams area.

Look into Joe's Valley Reservoir and the Arapeen Trail System in Utah. I've been there twice. Hit me up if you have any questions.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Look into Joe's Valley Reservoir and the Arapeen Trail System in Utah. I've been there twice. Hit me up if you have any questions.

I've looked into the Arapeen trail stuff. We stopped in Fillmore UT with our Motorhome and Jeep last year coming back from a UT/CO trip, and a bunch of locals were showing me maps and rides, we definitely want to go back to the area.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Just saw this post from speed. Looks like cars are on the boats now, anyone here #128?

45_days.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I heard that one that was listed for 95k ended up in a bidding war and went for over a 100k.. 😳. I don’t know if that is true or not but holy shit balls if it’s true..

Bryan721

Reaction score
I heard that one that was listed for 95k ended up in a bidding war and went for over a 100k.. 😳. I don’t know if that is true or not but holy shit balls if it’s true..
Car #76 is posted for $79,950 and that guy dropped his to 85K yesterday

Reactions: DWC

outboard_256

Reaction score

I asked around last week about that car, was wondering if that sold. I was told there was 0 interest, and he was going to start dropping the price.

Swain

Reaction score
If it wasn't summer I bet the cars would have sold quick. Since a lot more cars will be available in Winter time I bet people are holding off.

outboard_256

Reaction score
If it wasn't summer I bet the cars would have sold quick. Since a lot more cars will be available in Winter time I bet people are holding off.

If 500 are really coming in 2 months then I think most people will just wait. A bunch will pop up for sale then you just pick the one with the best colors. It's going to interesting in the used sxs market. Tons of new speeds, all identical except for colors, and tons of used sxs's from new speed owners selling there current sxs. Going to be an interesting riding season for sure.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If 500 are really coming in 2 months then I think most people will just wait. A bunch will pop up for sale then you just pick the one with the best colors. It's going to interesting in the used sxs market. Tons of new speeds, all identical except for colors, and tons of used sxs's from new speed owners selling there current sxs. Going to be an interesting riding season for sure.

And it's not like the average person can afford 80k for a toy.

They buying pool at that price point isn't gonna be huge.

Good looking cars, but the gamble is real.