WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
"Over here is going to be all glass...over here is going to be a bar...over here will be the restaurant...outside will be fire pits and, and, and..."

A restaurant and bar? Those are full time jobs all on their own. Seems to me at this point he should be focused on delivering cars and getting caught up there before we worry about making a party hangout.

Someone asked him what the plans were for the building, should have not have told them? Speed has also said this entire venture that they would make the Hastings building into more than jus ta dealership, and that it would a destination with a bar and food and stuff, JESUS, some people are so negative.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"Over here is going to be all glass...over here is going to be a bar...over here will be the restaurant...outside will be fire pits and, and, and..."

A restaurant and bar? Those are full time jobs all on their own. Seems to me at this point he should be focused on delivering cars and getting caught up there before we worry about making a party hangout.

He said it’s gonna have a taco shop / bar since day 1

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Someone asked him what the plans were for the building, should have not have told them? Speed has also said this entire venture that they would make the Hastings building into more than jus ta dealership, and that it would a destination with a bar and food and stuff, JESUS, some people are so negative.
The only thing i got from that video is you have an owner that is proud and very excited about what he is bringing to market. Not a single hint of ponzi scheme he wants to deliver a bad ass sxs. The restaurant and bar could be an awesome spot that havasu could use for sure.

DBMX

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in this race but I gotta say I am impressed with the final product (from pics and vid) and that they got this far given the challenges since announcement. It seems that Robby is living up to his promises, so I am lost at how people can still be negative? He certainly looks extremely happy, excited (and most importantly) proud with the deliveries.

And now I want one.

I feel like LOF should be allowed to walk in here like Steven A Smith and poke fun at all the haters. 😂

Badchoices03

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont walking into this thread as he should be....lol

wwe-vince-mc-mahon.gif

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
He said it’s gonna have a taco shop / bar since day 1
He's also been saying that cars would be delivered by xx date, then xx date plus 6 months, so on and so on since day 1.

You want tacos or your car?

*Edit...I just realized who I was talking to. I actually think tacos might be the answer to the question I asked. 😄

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
What you call negative I call objective.

It's a little early for a victory lap. Let's see how these things actually perform and hold up. Then let's see how warranty support is.

Albacore

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in this race but I gotta say I am impressed with the final product (from pics and vid) and that they got this far given the challenges since announcement. It seems that Robby is living up to his promises, so I am lost at how people can still be negative? He certainly looks extremely happy, excited (and most importantly) proud with the deliveries.

And now I want one.

I feel like LOF should be allowed to walk in here like Steven A Smith and poke fun at all the haters. 😂

Yep he and and quite few more saw the value for a small deposit, remember all the options were optional. I know of quite a few other guys that were on other sites that were getting slammed just as much probably a ratio of 10 haters to every one that had a vested interest. The hard part now is they have to hold up there’s a good chance that’s gonna happen. But time will tell. Still happy I have one coming.

EarpRider

Reaction score

And now I want one.

Haters, AKA Cowboys fans!😅🤣

Fishd00d

Reaction score
I think its cool they got the cars into the US. They do look good in the pictures. I really can't wait for some customers to get these in the dirt and see how they work and how they hold up.

My biggest question is gonna be parts availability. I know they are shipping parts over but lets be honest, 80% of UTV owners drive them like idiots and think they are TTs. We are going to learn real quick how tough these are lol.

4Waters

Reaction score
Anyone here get theirs yet? Looking forward to the shakedown

boat527

Reaction score

Wheres the " good for you Robbie?

Congrats to him and the Speed team. He has pulled off what most have called impossible and now has plans to do more..

More cars, more JOBS, And another hang out for many in the area..

RD started this 3rd take thread of the " SPEED UTV"for positive " lets go Robbie" input.

I think you missed the point

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Congrats to him and the Speed team. He has pulled off what most have called impossible and now has plans to do more..

RD started this 3rd take thread of the " SPEED UTV"for positive " lets go Robbie" input.

I mainly started it to break the never ending circle of everyone against LOF.. I don’t care if people have varying opinions, although it would be nice if some of the haters opinions were at least somewhat based on actual information..

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

When we actually see cars that run reliably, upset the UTV world, and completely outperform
other UTVs out there (all things Robby has claimed his cars will do), then I'll say, "Good for you, Robby". This will of course need to be in conjunction with starting to deliver cars on time and the ability to get broken cars back running whether under warranty or not. My opinion is he should only get the "Good for you Robby" when he has completely fulfilled his claims.

Are my expectations too high? No. My only expectation is he do exactly what he said he would do while taking people's money to help make it happen.

Then I'll actually be excited because my friends might be able to get a car that is capable of running with my Ultra 4.

DeLorean had cars arrive from overseas manufacturing too. How did that ultimately end up?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I’m glad to see that there’s progress. It’s going to be years before dealer networks are established, all orders have been fulfilled and parts/service availability will be common place. I’ll be checking back in 2030.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When we actually see cars that run reliably, upset the UTV world, and completely outperform
other UTVs out there (all things Robby has claimed his cars will do), then I'll say, "Good for you, Robby". This will of course need to be in conjunction with starting to deliver cars on time and the ability to get broken cars back running whether under warranty or not. My opinion is he should only get the "Good for you Robby" when he has completely fulfilled his claims.

Are my expectations too high? No. My only expectation is he do exactly what he said he would do while taking people's money to help make it happen.

Then I'll actually be excited because my friends might be able to get a car that is capable of running with my Ultra 4.

DeLorean had cars arrive from overseas manufacturing too. How did that ultimately end up?

I was thinking about you the other day.. a friend of mine was asking is I was going to Hammers.. I told him probably not. I asked why he was going and he said his friend bought Ultra 4. I said oh which one? He said. “Lol no he bought Ultra 4 the entire race circuit”.

Sometimes I forget some of my friends are a little more well off than me. Lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
I was thinking about you the other day.. a friend of mine was asking is I was going to Hammers.. I told him probably not. I asked why he was going and he said his friend bought Ultra 4. I said oh which one? He said. “Lol no he bought Ultra 4 the entire race circuit”.

So you know Jason. It will be interesting to see how he grows the Ultra4 Regional Series. I have heard good things about their Disney Island property in Oklahoma

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you know Jason. It will be interesting to see how he grows the Ultra4 Regional Series. I have heard good things about their Disney Island property in Oklahoma

I don’t know him, but we share a mutual friend

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Ha, I'm a little ways out from buying an entire race circuit.

That guy's life just got a whole lot busier. I can't imagine dealing with all the logistics involved with putting on those events. KOH alone seems like a nightmare.

Singleton

Reaction score
Ha, I'm a little ways out from buying an entire race circuit.

That guy's life just got a whole lot busier. I can't imagine dealing with all the logistics involved with putting on those events. KOH alone seems like a nightmare.
KOH stayed as a separate entity still owned by Dave Cole.
The agreement keeps KOH as the first race in the Ultra4 schedule.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I mainly started it to break the never ending circle of everyone against LOF.. I don’t care if people have varying opinions, although it would be nice if some of the haters opinions were at least somewhat based on actual information..

Not to beat a dead horse but...

LOF has created his own bed. He's supposed to be an adult? 🤷‍♂️

2nd, and more to the point...

I'm not a hater, but I am Always going to be sceptical of Anyone who makes promises that they don't keep!

You have to admit, this whole program has been a nightmare for everyone involved. There is no getting around that. Especially Robbie Gordon! The guy looks like he's 60 years old now. 😔

But just like someone else, he brought this all on himself. So it's hard to feel bad for the guy.

If RG had you as a spokesperson, this whole program could have been Very different...

As always, I'm hoping for the best for you guys. 👍🏼

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

I'm not a hater, but I am Always going to be sceptical of Anyone who makes promises that they don't keep!

You have to admit, this whole program has been a nightmare for everyone involved. There is no getting around that. Especially Robbie Gordon! The guy looks like he's 60 years old now. 😔

But just like someone else, he brought this all on himself. So it's hard to feel bad for the guy.

If RG had you as a spokesperson, this whole program could have been Very different...

To add my .02

Robby wants to play with the big boys then act like them. Stop being a garage shop and half assing stuff.

Some notables of garage shop

Missing dates big time.

Examples
Delivery
Certificates

Bringing cars to the biggest show (ssss) with bolts in the welds. Doors that are half ass. Brand new cars with stickers peeling, cars with scratches all over them, doors not working at all.

No dealer network at all at this point. Who is going to warranty items, how long will it take?

Ceo bashing customers and competitors. Friendly competition is great for consumer but straight bashing customers and competition is trashy and as a ceo you needs to send positive messages not one of trash.

Also misleading the consumer base with cars being built American, (we all knew that wouldn’t happens, but he said it) then built in Mexico. China came out and now Vietnam?

DLC

Reaction score

Robbie is 54, so looking like 60 isn’t that far off!
He has a lot on his plate !

Bringing a new product design, development and now to market during the Absolute worst time, would be stressful for anyone…

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
I think its cool they got the cars into the US. They do look good in the pictures. I really can't wait for some customers to get these in the dirt and see how they work and how they hold up.

My biggest question is gonna be parts availability. I know they are shipping parts over but lets be honest, 80% of UTV owners drive them like idiots and think they are TTs. We are going to learn real quick how tough these are lol.
I already have transmission and front diff seals and bearings in stock when needed. RG and I talked the other night about getting me some hard parts (gears, dog rings, shift forks, etc.), I still need to send him a list of what I want here. He made it sound like it's just a matter of giving him the list and parts will be here in somewhat short order.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I watched RG unload a sea crate and must say that is one bitchen car. I most likely will buy one some day. To all you guys that held out, good for you. You took years of people pissing in your wheaties and RG came through!
He came through for 12 people (really 11) I don’t call that a win.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Cars look bad ass from the photos. Hope he can get a bunch delivered and catch up, especially on the CARB deal to get CA deliveries going.

schweeng

Reaction score
View attachment 1192780

Do these seats recline?

I bought the LE and will be customizing it with different seats etc. just because I couldn’t deal with the orange and I specifically asked and they would not build the top model any other way
fit/finish is more then a bit off....(black meets orange material greatly differ from seat to seat) reclined or not the area on the seats where two materials join should not shift or change. Was this a pick of a car that just came off the boat?

I'm excited for RG/ Speed. Iwill buy one in 2 or 3 years... I just believe this first gen will be a bumpy "ride".

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That video is great. Good to see that things are coming together. The cars look incredible. Also cool to see the older vehicles adn hear about the4 history. Should be interesting to see the facility build out. Exciting times for everyone involved. 👍

RaceTec

Reaction score
I already have transmission and front diff seals and bearings in stock when needed. RG and I talked the other night about getting me some hard parts (gears, dog rings, shift forks, etc.), I still need to send him a list of what I want here. He made it sound like it's just a matter of giving him the list and parts will be here in somewhat short order.
Sean, any chance to look at the designs and quality of the components yet, just curious your thoughts? I still have that buggy with the HV25 but it hasn't ran yet, can't wait to try it out!

ZSTIV

Reaction score
To add my .02

Robby wants to play with the big boys then act like them. Stop being a garage shop and half assing stuff.

Some notables of garage shop

Missing dates big time.

Examples
Delivery
Certificates

Bringing cars to the biggest show (ssss) with bolts in the welds. Doors that are half ass. Brand new cars with stickers peeling, cars with scratches all over them, doors not working at all.

No dealer network at all at this point. Who is going to warranty items, how long will it take?

Ceo bashing customers and competitors. Friendly competition is great for consumer but straight bashing customers and competition is trashy and as a ceo you needs to send positive messages not one of trash.

Also misleading the consumer base with cars being built American, (we all knew that wouldn’t happens, but he said it) then built in Mexico. China came out and now Vietnam?
LMAO
the bashing is just funny at this point... especially with bad info...

hallett21

Reaction score
Man the bashing is nauseating at this point.

If you run a 25-50+ employee shop and have risked millions then by all means give us your opinion.

If not then STFU. The amount of negativity by people who have never even attempted something of this scale is insane.

And then to give your opinion on how to run a multi million dollar venture while you collect a paycheck every 2 weeks…. It’s just not even on the same plain.

It’s Covid 2.0 in here. RG achieves a goal and the goal posts are moved.

If you’re an unhappy spot holder sell off your spot and move on with your life.

Shots fired in 3….2…1…..

951prerun

Reaction score
I haven’t been back to this thread/topic since take 1. I have #31 which is at the Havasu facility. Still no word on formal pick up date other than mid February. I have driven a canam and turbo s, but not a pro r, just sat in one. I have experience racing/codriving/prepping/fabricating a spec trophy truck over the last several years and am looking forward to getting behind the wheel and giving some real world feedback. According to Robby the first group has the opportunity to go for a ride together and put it to use and then they will go over the car, service it, and detail it as a final production quality control measure.

Albacore

Reaction score

For what it’s worth I’ve never freaked out. I’m actually glad that they delivered a product that is a lot more than what they originally said. it’s only gotten better in my opinion and I never sold a car and missed any trip I ever wanted to do Sandune‘s, hard pack, Utah, Arizona etc. Lastly if they hadn’t moved towards what they are now delivering I would’ve never bought one to begin with it’s what I saw it become through the three-year process I’m not even one year in yet.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t been back to this thread/topic since take 1. I have #31 which is at the Havasu facility. Still no word on formal pick up date other than mid February. I have driven a canam and turbo s, but not a pro r, just sat in one. I have experience racing/codriving/prepping/fabricating a spec trophy truck over the last several years and am looking forward to getting behind the wheel and giving some real world feedback. According to Robby the first group has the opportunity to go for a ride together and put it to use and then they will go over the car, service it, and detail it as a final production quality control measure.

Let me know if you are looking for a passenger in Havasu when they do this! I’ll bring the film guy as well if ya want

Albacore

Reaction score

That sounds great when do you think you’ll have one of the transmissions in the half cutaway view like what you have for all the other brands. I’d really like to see it up close even if it’s up at your location up there.

hallett21

Reaction score

As someone who’s shared a lot of cool stuff, don’t you think you’d have had it easier with a spokesperson?

Meaning that you share projects when you’re ready to share them. You don’t discuss lack of financing, parts, customer wavering, etc.

It’s really easy for people to say you need an Accounting, PR, Project Manager, Sales Manager, CEO, etc. Every single one of those titles cost 150k a year plus benefits.

Then there is the inevitable double down where people say without the above you’re not really a multimillion dollar business. Which I guess is technically true. But Google, Oracle, Tesla, IBM etc all started in garages. So I feel like it’s pretty disingenuous to be paid by these companies or companies like them while calling Speed a failure or a Ponzi scheme.

When we get down to brass tax 1% of the world has the balls to take a risk. The other 99% get to benefit from it.

@rivermobster not tying you to these ideas. Just laying out my overall opinion