WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

riverroyal

Reaction score
It was a joke.

Never understood on here all the hate though for people who may have to finance a toy to take there family out on the lake or desert for a good time?
So not bringing a spare belt was joke? Interesting.
I cant understand why people post fake news when all eyes are on speed

Go fund me talk goes back 3 years .
Robbie has plenty of race money

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I find it interesting the entire broadcast staff this weekend at KOH spoke with respect regarding Robby Gordon and Speed UTV. I also find interesting that KOH would not exist if not for you,your efforts early on and Dave Cole. Yet you never mention (brag) about your participation in all your posts when no doubt every team finishing drives up on tht stage for interview & thanking their families and sponsors was your idea.
I mention this because after listening and watching KOH last few days i realize participating in this thread is a waste of time. All this hate bullshit does not make sense.
What you guys put equipment thru in that desert is amazing any vehicle can finish under it own power.
Thanks for the kind words. People may forget, but you are right; I wish I had the acumen I had today when I walked away. It kind of sucks just watching.

This time of year is tough on me. Maybe harder on Angie. I have a lot of baggage regarding KOH, Ultra4, my racing, and the Marine base expansion. My relationship with Dave is challenging, but I respect that he is bold and fearless in growing KOH. I'm convinced he does not care about making money. :)

Guys like Robby have GRIT. It is a quality you find common in those who participate in professional level Offroad motorsports. Almost everything about racing offroad is difficult, and the odds are stacked against you at every turn. Failure becomes an expected ritual.

I'm in the camp of people who don't believe RG has malicious intent. I think he is naive about some of the things he is trying to accomplish, and he can't trust others to invest in the same level of intensity he has about the success of this project. I suspect he lurks here and hope all our banter makes him work much harder. What he is trying to do borders insanity. He did not have to take this on; he made a choice to do it. My guess, a pot of gold was not the motivator.

If anything, I'm envious. I suspect many of the haters are as well.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
So not bringing a spare belt was joke? Interesting.
I cant understand why people post fake news when all eyes are on speed

Go fund me talk goes back 3 years .
Robbie has plenty of race money
I just finished prepping my Canned Ham for three days at the hammers. I have two belts on board. My guess is they had a dozen belts in the truck.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you wouldn't carry a belt, or maybe he gave his belt to Max, seems silly considering they are small and light.

I do know class 11 teams, that left out a spare, jack, tools, etc......for that 40 mile race, seemed silly to me, but their attitude was WIN, or Loose, I don't think I would have done a desert race in Lucerne with no spare or tools.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. People may forget, but you are right; I wish I had the acumen I had today when I walked away. It kind of sucks just watching.

This time of year is tough on me. Maybe harder on Angie. I have a lot of baggage regarding KOH, Ultra4, my racing, and the Marine base expansion. My relationship with Dave is challenging, but I respect that he is bold and fearless in growing KOH. I'm convinced he does not care about making money. :)

Guys like Robby have GRIT. It is a quality you find common in those who participate in professional level Offroad motorsports. Almost everything about racing offroad is difficult, and the odds are stacked against you at every turn. Failure becomes an expected ritual.

I'm in the camp of people who don't believe RG has malicious intent. I think he is naive about some of the things he is trying to accomplish, and he can't trust others to invest in the same level of intensity he has about the success of this project. I suspect he lurks here and hope all our banter makes him work much harder. What he is trying to do borders insanity. He did not have to take this on; he made a choice to do it. My guess, a pot of gold was not the motivator.

If anything, I'm envious. I suspect many of the haters are as well.

Pull your pants up Sport'n, your wood is showing! 😁

DWC

Reaction score
How are the Talons doing this year?
Looks like Razor had some success in the desert portion. Not sure about Honda.

642B4BA4-67FE-45D0-97D7-8FCB88586524.jpeg

jesco

Reaction score
I am having a hard time believing they didn’t have a spare belt..

That said I don’t think they should have gone to KOH to begin with.. it is kind of a no win situation for them. Taking basically stock speeds and running them against fully build race cars. If they don’t win then those mfg’s get the credit even though the cars are nothing like a stock utv.

If they break then obviously they are unreliable is what the haters will say.

It’s like fighting an old man.. if ya win you best up
An old man. If ya lose you got beat up by an old man.. no win Situation.

That said I am not deterred and am still happy with the recent progress speed has made and I’m happy that I have early numbers.

RD
Max was driving the race car, full carbon body, full chassis, billet front diff.... not a "stock car". I didn't see what RG was driving so I cant comment on that... My $.02, they should've stayed home. It was a very bad showing for them all around. Im a fan of RG, and hope he pulls this off.... but everybody in his team was a bunch of D BAGS!!! Walking around Hammer Town in all their SPEED gear like they owned the place, wasn't a good look. I raced B3 Stock Class, my CanAm has stock trans, stock primary clutch, stock motor, stock chassis (caged and all the weld in gussets), and Alsup suspension... We finished 13th in class, NO belts, NO flats on the TENSOR DSRs, car ran AWESOME!!! This course was FAST, VERY FAST!!! With all the talk about how the SPEED car is so much more superior than any other SXS, this should've been an easy race for them. I hope they can get everything figured out, but admitting you have a known starter issue, pull starting your RACE car like a lawnmower in front of 100k people and millions online...getting yanked off the rock course by a CanAm was NOT a good look. I started 4 or 5 rows behind Max yesterday, he BLEW the doors off of the guy he was lined up with at the green flag, its too bad the rest of the race didn't go so well for them.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Heard Max blew the transmission yesterday. Can anyone confirm?
robbie post it, he said max blew the tranny

I mean if you believe what the messiah says, then I suggest have a little faith, he blew a tranny

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Heard Max blew the transmission yesterday. Can anyone confirm?
robbie post it, he said max blew the tranny

I mean if you believe what the messiah says, then I suggest have a little faith, he blew a tranny

This is word for word what RG posted

Robby Gordon
Group expert

Ok here is a quick recap from the race…. And please remember these are race cars not Production Cars.
Max in 777 Race El Diablo lost a belt in qualifying it took him 7 to 8 minutes too change it and was beat by 8:20 so he will start the race in p15 on Sunday
On Sunday Max was 5th utv on the road and in the race Max broke a Transmission at RM80
Robby #77 Race car lost a CVT belt in qualifying and didn’t have a spare belt in the car, this was huge mistake. I sat for 3 hours as there is no pit access allowed on the track areas so when the 1450 trucks started Max went to the start line and gave a belt to 997 and he threw one out the window to me. Installed the belt and finished the race. Since we timed out and knew that we would start Sunday with a 1:30 penalty it made more since to save it for the Mint 400
Please remember when we race we learn. Production car 18 pre ran the whole course and was driven all weekend at KOH and we had no issues we even used it as a tow truck

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Max was driving the race car, full carbon body, full chassis, billet front diff.... not a "stock car". I didn't see what RG was driving so I cant comment on that... My $.02, they should've stayed home. It was a very bad showing for them all around. Im a fan of RG, and hope he pulls this off.... but everybody in his team was a bunch of D BAGS!!! Walking around Hammer Town in all their SPEED gear like they owned the place, wasn't a good look. I raced B3 Stock Class, my CanAm has stock trans, stock primary clutch, stock motor, stock chassis (caged and all the weld in gussets), and Alsup suspension... We finished 13th in class, NO belts, NO flats on the TENSOR DSRs, car ran AWESOME!!! This course was FAST, VERY FAST!!! With all the talk about how the SPEED car is so much more superior than any other SXS, this should've been an easy race for them. I hope they can get everything figured out, but admitting you have a known starter issue, pull starting your RACE car like a lawnmower in front of 100k people and millions online...getting yanked off the rock course by a CanAm was NOT a good look. I started 4 or 5 rows behind Max yesterday, he BLEW the doors off of the guy he was lined up with at the green flag, its too bad the rest of the race didn't go so well for them.
Not having a spare belt in the race car is big time rookie mistake. More garage shop from team Speed!!!! For UTV that is insane even more so in a race environment.

So from team speed

Pull start a car due to known starter issues
Blew a belt (more than once I am reading) (max and Robby)
Blew a transmission

Just a whole lot of nothing good for them

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Email from Speed today

Speed UTV Offers Personalized and Memorable Experience for Loyal Customers

Havasu, AZ - Speed UTV is proud to announce its customer appreciation event, starting the week of February 17th. Loyal customers will have the opportunity to drive and experience their new Speed UTV for themselves.

The multi-day event will include hands-on training from both Robby Gordon and Todd Romano. Customers will receive personalized vehicle and suspension set up to meet their driving style and performance expectations. They will also learn all about the unique features and functions of the Speed UTV, as well as spend time driving the vehicle in the beautiful Havasu desert. Over the next few months, the sales team will be reaching out directly to make any changes to customers' vehicles and assist with final paperwork.

For customers who choose to take delivery in Lake Havasu, Speed UTV has updated its digital bundle package to include turn/hazard signals. If customers have already ordered the digital bundle, it will be updated to include the turn signal and chassis wiring package. If not, customers should get in touch with the sales team or follow the link below. This will be the only time the vehicle can come pre-wired with turn/hazard signals.

We are looking forward to the one-on-one time we get to spend with the people and family that has made Speed UTV what it is today. We believe that the best way to appreciate our customers is to give them a personalized and memorable experience with our product. With the Speed UTV, we believe we have created something truly special, and we can't wait for our customers to experience it for themselves.

See you in Havasu, Todd Romano

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Email from Speed today

Havasu, AZ - Speed UTV is proud to announce its customer appreciation event, starting the week of February 17th. Loyal customers will have the opportunity to drive and experience their new Speed UTV for themselves.

The multi-day event will include hands-on training from both Robby Gordon and Todd Romano. Customers will receive personalized vehicle and suspension set up to meet their driving style and performance expectations. They will also learn all about the unique features and functions of the Speed UTV, as well as spend time driving the vehicle in the beautiful Havasu desert. Over the next few months, the sales team will be reaching out directly to make any changes to customers' vehicles and assist with final paperwork.

For customers who choose to take delivery in Lake Havasu, Speed UTV has updated its digital bundle package to include turn/hazard signals. If customers have already ordered the digital bundle, it will be updated to include the turn signal and chassis wiring package. If not, customers should get in touch with the sales team or follow the link below. This will be the only time the vehicle can come pre-wired with turn/hazard signals.

We are looking forward to the one-on-one time we get to spend with the people and family that has made Speed UTV what it is today. We believe that the best way to appreciate our customers is to give them a personalized and memorable experience with our product. With the Speed UTV, we believe we have created something truly special, and we can't wait for our customers to experience it for themselves.

Sucks I'm going to be in Miami for the Boat Show all week and I'm going to miss this.

RD

outboard_256

Reaction score
The other word is the 2 seater also blew a trans. They were running on Chocolate Thunder and had to get towed out. Anyone else hear this? I am not on the lake bed yet, just hearing stuff from my camp that is already out there. Aren't these transmissions suppose to be bullet proof?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
The other word is the 2 seater also blew a trans. They were running on Chocolate Thunder and had to get towed out. Anyone else hear this? I am not on the lake bed yet, just hearing stuff from my camp that is already out there. Aren't these transmissions suppose to be bullet proof?
Stop ride in 3 2 1 😂😂

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Another email from Speed today.

Today we announced, via direct email to our customers, that cars are shipping starting the week of Feb 17. Now that we have our manufacturing schedule, I am reaching out to you to address any final additions to your vehicle configuration prior to us submitting final paper work. We also updated our digital bundle, as referenced in the press release, that the digital bundle now includes turn signals. Please let me know if you did not receive the email, and secondly please follow the link below to book an appointment if you have any additions required. ALL COLORS ARE 100% LOCKED IN. We will be sending your build to manufacturing shortly and look forward to seeing you in the desert.

Conner Gabrielson
Speed UTV Western Region Sales Director

702sandman

Reaction score
Great seeing you out in the desert, congrats on the finish. Sierra ended up breaking an axle and limped it for 35+ miles to the pit. She still ended up in 9 in the Utv open class. It was a Sad showing for speed for sure. It’s crazy if there full blown race cars can’t handle this course what will the lower level production car handle ?????? See you at the mint

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
There is a famous quote by Reid Hoffman, the founder of LinkedIn: If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you've launched too late. How this relates to racing is you have to try, and try early enough that you will likely fail. But you learn early enough to make adjustments before you miss completely or are too late.

Albacore

Reaction score
Email from Speed today

Does anyone with a deposit know if this is for anyone or just people that have been called for delivery. After I got the same email today I emailed Todd to ask but I’ve not seen a response yet I’m sure he’s busy. I would like to head up there for a day or so and check out the stuff.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Does anyone with a deposit know if this is for anyone or just people that have been called for delivery. After I got the same email today I emailed Todd to ask but I’ve not seen a response yet I’m sure he’s busy. I would like to head up there for a day or so and check out the stuff.
That's a good question. Let us know what Todd says.

THE Cat Sass

Reaction score
I take a littLe different approach here. RG knows there will be folks who are going to beat the absolute piss out of these things the day they get them. What better place to replicate that beating than KOH to see where the weak points may be. ”The more you sweat in training….the less you bleed on the battlefield”.

Santee_Native

Reaction score
Food for thought….

What if they tightened the front slipper too much and found the limit of the trans in the rocks? I don’t see a problem with that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I take a littLe different approach here. RG knows there will be folks who are going to beat the absolute piss out of these things the day they get them. What better place to replicate that beating than KOH to see where the weak points may be. ”The more you sweat in training….the less you bleed on the battlefield”.
That would be great 2 years ago with prototypes and pre production stuff. Robby has rounded 3rd base and they are already having massive starter failures and now tranny failures (possibly)

Seems a little late in the game to be finding weak spots. Now if they are taking notes and putting them in gen 2 then sure go for it but it doesn’t look good either way

stonehenge

Reaction score
I'm seem to recall reading literally hundreds of posts, and seeing dozens of rwg videos stating that they have been testing the piss out of the "mules" is one term used frequently.

You don't have to go to deep to remember all of this rhetoric on the subject.

No folks, the post above is correct. It is very late in the game to be finding weak spots.

stand by to stand by, the fun hasn't even begun....

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I'm seem to recall reading literally hundreds of posts, and seeing dozens of rwg videos stating that they have been testing the piss out of the "mules" is one term used frequently.

You don't have to go to deep to remember all of this rhetoric on the subject.

No folks, the post above is correct. It is very late in the game to be finding weak spots.

stand by to stand by, the fun hasn't even begun....

Do you have a deposit on one?

DLC

Reaction score
One question I have -

Is what kind of prep did they do to the cars? If any at all….

hard to say
but
Time will tell when they get released!

bring ON the Speedy cars!!

jesco

Reaction score
Great seeing you out in the desert, congrats on the finish. Sierra ended up breaking an axle and limped it for 35+ miles to the pit. She still ended up in 9 in the Utv open class. It was a Sad showing for speed for sure. It’s crazy if there full blown race cars can’t handle this course what will the lower level production car handle ?????? See you at the mint
Thank you!! Good seeing you as well…. and that line was MONEY!!! 😂😂😂 Congrats on the 9th, that’s a strong finish with having to limp in the last 35miles. That was some of the fastest parts of the course she lost out on picking up some time. See yah in March!

BTW, we ended up finishing 3 spots ahead of the other guy in the Triple Crown series so we are leading in points!!! 🤣 🏁🤣