WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

golakers

Reaction score
I for the life of me do not understand the hostility (on either side of the fence) when it comes to speed utv or the cars.. lol

If ya like it buy it? If ya don’t then don’t?
AGREED! Why hate on somebody thats working their ass off! Yes, PR team is needed, but the hate is real. Get positive people.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I for the life of me do not understand the hostility (on either side of the fence) when it comes to speed utv or the cars.. lol

You mean between Thing 1 and Thing 2?

None of us do either! 😁

Screenshot_20230516_123231_Google.jpg

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
So looking at the photo going off the front row let’s just assume 4 rows of 6 cars in each row. Now I’m no math expert but thats 24 cars. Rumor had it 500 on the ship already so if we add these cars to the 500 already shipped then they’re up to 524 cars. No if we then add the 70 said to already have landed in Long Beach then they’re up to 594 cars. So the 15000 on order should be filled in the next couple days.
You can do math, LOL, but you got some facts messed up.

500 were never on a boat yet, they were originally planned for such, but the transmission issue halted those mid assembly line.
70 have never landed in Long Beach, there were supposed to be 77 here by now, but again, the trans halted part of that shipment as well.
I believe what we are looking at, is part of the group of 500 coming off of the assembly line.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Nobody wants to be shifting. It’s the last thing you want to be doing riding fast and/or in the technical.

We raced 1007 miles of wild terrain last week in Mexico. Everything from rock crawling to silt beds to mud and not so much as a single slip of the belt. Belt actually still looks new today.

I’ll take the rubber band over shifting all day.
Rob Mac was telling me that Luke’s truck with the paddle shifters was so much nicer and less effort to drive as he was able to keep his hands on the wheel versus reaching down to a console shifter for 3-500 miles in his geiser tt. All the 1 handed driving required while shifting takes its toll on the energy tank. I found that pretty interesting. He kinda knows some stuff about driving off-road so I believe him😆

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Rob Mac was telling me that Luke’s truck with the paddle shifters was so much nicer and less effort to drive as he was able to keep his hands on the wheel versus reaching down to a console shifter for 3-500 miles in his geiser tt. All the 1 handed driving required while shifting takes its toll on the energy tank. I found that pretty interesting. He kinda knows some stuff about driving off-road so I believe him😆

It’s not that big of a deal in Trophy’s until you get into the technical stuff. Paddles are much nicer if you do have to shift. Transmissions and the programming tuned into them are becoming so advanced that shifting will get less and less.

I still standby my original statement that when your driving balls out for any extended time nobody wants to be constantly shifting. If you’re gonna shift paddles are nice.

retaocleg

Reaction score
jesus, by the time the hostility ends, and they start delivering, the market will be killed............self fulfill much?

retaocleg

Reaction score
Most of us in this thread are just discussing what's going on.

You know...

Like adults and shit?? 😜

View attachment 1231244
my point is, let it play out.........things happen with production, things you cant control
as a guy that works in that enviro, i know...........not a hater, if anything, im a fan............shit gets f'd up, let it play out

as far as adults, pfffft, i am a 10 yr old, ask my wife.........i wont lie

bitching and complaining does nothing....with a production, all it takes is one hiccup in a seemingly small sphere and it throws everything into chaos when you have more sales than production..............the negativity can kill demand on a good product........all i was saying
that being said, carry on.........more pages

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
You can do math, LOL, but you got some facts messed up.

500 were never on a boat yet, they were originally planned for such, but the transmission issue halted those mid assembly line.
70 have never landed in Long Beach, there were supposed to be 77 here by now, but again, the trans halted part of that shipment as well.
I believe what we are looking at, is part of the group of 500 coming off of the assembly line.
You missed the sarcasm

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
With regards to whether people want to shift or not.. komot made a sequential six speed for the cab am x3’s!

They are insanely expensive but I don’t expect building something like this from
Scratch would be cheap.

View attachment 1231147

First impression: Holy sheeiiiit that thing is big!

Knowing what goes into gearbox design from the ground up (Weddle HV-24 and HV-25), this thing would have to be in the $20k-$25k range.

I am assuming they are using some sort of chain drive in that cast housing with the Kamat logo cast into it. They specify a "Hydraulic Ceramic clutch", would need to be a pretty stiff clutch in a small package, and will grab pretty hard.

Lots of rotating parts, definitely a lot heavier than a belt and pulley system (CVT). Probably aimed at the super high powered drag race guys that will require big power to push through these.

Singleton

Reaction score

People always poke holes on those that consistently over promise and under deliver.
Then you add folks defending everything released about timing and the game was on.

I think Speed has gotten better at this over the last 6 months and the BS has stopped.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They specify a "Hydraulic Ceramic clutch", would need to be a pretty stiff clutch in a small package, and will grab pretty hard.
I don't know how the modern stuff works in something like that. I have a couple aluminum flywheels setup with the old "slipper" packs. The disc's were only 6" in diameter, but there were six of them, like an automatic stack, but more friction area. The housing itself is maybe 3.5-4.5 tall? They were for old fuel cars, so the horsepower was there, the technology wasn't. Same principle as a Harley dry clutch. Keep the diameter down, but then have a stack to make room for I guess.

stonehenge

Reaction score
I know it is warming up temp-wise, but did any of these early cars make it to Glamis yet or any sizable dunes? Very curious on how they do with paddle tires.

EPL

Reaction score
I know it is warming up temp-wise, but did any of these early cars make it to Glamis yet or any sizable dunes? Very curious on how they do with paddle tires.
They have to get them first !!

DLC

Reaction score
One of the Things that Impresses me is the factory’s are really clean !

These pics from the factories could be anywhere in the world.

I believe the red is fire sprinkler and blue is a water line
You don’t see electrical conduits or any HVAC ductwork
IMG_8397.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Although I’m not sure what these are….
pointed out in green
IMG_8398.jpeg
IMG_8399.jpeg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
One of the Things that Impresses me is the factory’s are really clean !

These pics from the factories could be anywhere in the world.

I believe the red is fire sprinkler and blue is a water line
You don’t see electrical conduits or any HVAC ductwork
View attachment 1231478
View attachment 1231479
The electrical conduit is probably tucked in with the steel beams. Zoom in on the drop lights. I doubt they would install a HVAC system in a warehouse this size. Maybe a "big ass" fan. :p

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
I don't know how the modern stuff works in something like that. I have a couple aluminum flywheels setup with the old "slipper" packs. The disc's were only 6" in diameter, but there were six of them, like an automatic stack, but more friction area. The housing itself is maybe 3.5-4.5 tall? They were for old fuel cars, so the horsepower was there, the technology wasn't. Same principle as a Harley dry clutch. Keep the diameter down, but then have a stack to make room for I guess.
Yup. A 3 or 4 disc would be required. I don't know how "grabby" the ceramic discs are, which is the common complaint about getting rolling, or loading up on a trailer/toy hauler.

We actually run a 5 disc 5.5" clutch pack with metallic discs behind a torque converter in our trophy truck trans, but still has a pretty heavy pressure plate/spring to keep them clamped enough to handle 1100 ft/lbs and 40" tires. They still crack the discs every race, even with the "absorption" qualities of the T/C driving it.

We have learned over the years that if you think a high strength street clutch can handle the abuses of off-road, it can't. Hence the development of Weddle clutch kits we had to make for the sand cars.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yup. A 3 or 4 disc would be required. I don't know how "grabby" the ceramic discs are, which is the common complaint about getting rolling, or loading up on a trailer/toy hauler.

We actually run a 5 disc 5.5" clutch pack with metallic discs behind a torque converter in our trophy truck trans, but still has a pretty heavy pressure plate/spring to keep them clamped enough to handle 1100 ft/lbs and 40" tires. They still crack the discs every race, even with the "absorption" qualities of the T/C driving it.

We have learned over the years that if you think a high strength street clutch can handle the abuses of off-road, it can't. Hence the development of Weddle clutch kits we had to make for the sand cars.
The loading/un-loading of an off road drive train is intense. The problem with normal converters is the immense heat created by the fluid shear internally. Back in the 90's, we'd watch the trans temp gauges and kind of get a feel for how much we could flog it...and that was a little truck with 300hp and 37's. Trophy's and 1 cars may have had both the technology and the budget, but I don't recall much better than a built 400. Now, with the ecm/tcm availability, some really smart guys tuning and the sequentials, it's a whole new world.

I got the chance to drive a Subaru rally car a few years back. Paddle shifted, around 600hp, way beyond my technological knowledge. Me shifting was an utter waste. Sure, it felt cool, but the computer was better and quicker. It knew what gear to be in when. Totally amazing to a guy that grew up building toplaoders and C6's.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
I blew out the rear end already on my speed car……..rc car that is. Lol. Really did though. Hahaha. Like the 3rd day. Oh well. Got the new part in the mail.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Can any new owners share with us about their cars? Would love to hear from them.

Reactions: DWC

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I know one of the 1st cars sold for way to much but has anyone else sold their low number cars for the 15 to 20k profit some where taking about?

Albacore

Reaction score
I know one of the 1st cars sold for way to much but has anyone else sold their low number cars for the 15 to 20k profit some where taking about?
I know of a guy that got 9000 a few weeks ago that was above his down payment and accessories. I believe he was in the first 300 4 seater. I don’t remember if it was an RG or a limited edition model. Nevertheless for as much hatred as there is and trash talking I still haven’t heard of one person that haven’t made money a decent amount of money at the on the sale of any of their deposit cars. So in my eyes it still turns out to be a good investment. Most of us that got in early are in $30 ro 33 k range.

Albacore

Reaction score

stonehenge

Reaction score
Would be very curious if anyone with some accessories and a full tank of petrol has thrown it on a scale? Wouldn't be hard in havasu, just drive up to a scale and weigh it, heck every dump in town has a digital scale. ezy pzy

sandshark1

Reaction score
I really don't get the rubber band thing...

I suppose if they made it a 3 pedal car, a whole lot less people would buy it?

But then you'd have a car for real drivers. I like Honda's approach MUCH better. 👍🏼
CVT system works. Each new model gets better at extending belt life. Reality is away from the dunes belts are rarely an issue.

As sales have shown people are less interested in shifting gears in UTV. Now if they could do shifting and figure out a way to do a turning brake that might be a different story at least in the dunes.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

I have a buddy that had 2 numbers, one was 2xx and the other was 3xx. Both of his deposits were zero options, one RG one LE. He sold them both and made 19,500$ combined (I think he said 11.5K$ for the 2xx number and 8K$ for the 3xx).

I'm pretty sure he only had 3K$ invested in both numbers? Not a bad return at all.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
At this point if cars are hitting dealers soon as they say this will see a price drop soon.