WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speeding Ticket In California (75mph in a 70mph) Worth Fighting?

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I got hit with 77MPH while towing the boat. It was on the 40 maybe 75 miles East of the 15.

Court was Barstow. I hired the best Yelp rated Traffic Attorney listed for Barstow. He was ex Law Enforcement. Didn’t appear to make a bit of difference. Guilty.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I got a extension for both of our court dates till the middle of August.
Obviously my ticket is for tinted windows so I will not be fighting that, I just don't want to drive a hour to court two times when I can do everything on one visit.

If I do a Trail by written declaration I want to make sure if she does not win she is still able to go to traffic school, the ticket is from CHP and the court is in Barstow.

The one thing that I still don't understand is why he never said anything to her about the tint?
My ticket was mailed to me and my wife is listed as the driver and me as the registered owner.
He wrote " owners responsibility" in the signature location, why would he not have her sign this ticket also? I just feel like he wanted her to be surprised when my ticket came in the mail?

FYI you can probably do another extension if you don’t want to take care of it in August. They usually let you do 2.

If you do trial written declaration and request traffic school and are found guilty, you may get that request granted but you likely won’t, I never have. If that happens and you want to go to traffic school you will have to request a trial de novo, and you have to show up. If the cop shows up you can plead guilty and request traffic school.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This thread kind of baffles me.
5 over and a tint ticket?
Thats like nothing dude.
I suppose it’s all relative.
But I can’t help but find humor in it all.
Last time I stood in front of that Hitler sob in Barstow he said “$950 and 6 day CA suspension...how do you want to pay?”
I said “immediately and in full”.
Got out of there and had a few beers and drove home.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Wow San Bernardino County must be making up for all the lost revenue during Covid. A ticket for 5 mph over the speed limit? That’s Fucking Bullshit!!!

Was it CHP or Barstow Sheriff that wrote her up?

WYRD

Reaction score
5 over ticket some cop had a bad day. Seen someone fight one in court For 5 over years ago it went. Like this.

your honor I was only going 70 with flow of traffic.
judge you know speed limit is 65
Speeder yes I do.
judge well 70 is faster than 65 guilty by your own admission pay the clerk.
Exact thing happened to me in my early 20s. Crappy thing is cop read his report first and said he estimated my speed from a side frontage road. Did not radar or pace me. Had I just said I was doing the speed limit judge would have ruled in my favor...Learned less is more that day.

Mike K

Reaction score
$100 online traffic school ... then be traffic ticket free for 24 months.