WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spinning prop left or right

Dankdave79

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen a difference spinning the other direction in a single engine boat 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just wondering

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen a difference spinning the other direction in a single engine boat 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just wondering
Never personally but I’ve heard guys say it can make a big difference on high HP motors and V-bottom boats. The theory is that a left hand prop can level the boat out by counteracting the engine and get a little more speed. In my limited automotive experience most forward facing motors lean right under load already so it doesn’t really make sense to me. I feel like a right rotating prop would counteract the torque lean better and probably explains why the standard rotation is clockwise but I’m no engineer.

Dankdave79

Reaction score
Yea I got a 1000 hp 25 Daytona I might barrow a prop off my buddies f32 lefty see if there is a difference won’t be till end of the season tho

Lavey 29

Reaction score
depends a lot on the bottom design of the hull as well. Many fountain single engine spin left also Challenger DDC hulls spin left. The formula 271 single step spin left as well. There is more as well

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We ran CR cheater lowers in mod vp race boats, it made the left hand turns so much easier. Problem is that cr lowers has far less oil in them so they cook the oil pretty quick resulting it pretty quick failures.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

I saw a huge difference in a single engine 30' with big power and a #6. I think it was RH rotation at first and even at idle it was pulling the boat over in a lean (more so at speed and had to adjust with tabs). Swapped to LH and that went away completely. Obviously size and pitch will also affect this as well.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
We ran CR cheater lowers in mod vp race boats, it made the left hand turns so much easier. Problem is that cr lowers has far less oil in them so they cook the oil pretty quick resulting it pretty quick failures.

I wonder why nobody just reversed the 2 stroke engine rotation? is there oiling stuff in there that is based upon a certain rotation or what? Other than that it's just repositioning the crank trigger and target disc (if it's even an encoded style and not a pulse per fire)

I guess starters could be an issue for a reverse rotation on a whacker