WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Split ac install question?

sirbob

Reaction score
I have wood siding on the house - I’m changing it to a metal siding.

I want to put a split unit in the garage but I don’t know if I should install it before we tear the old wood off / after the new stuff is on (cut a hole).

Anybody have insight as to how I should proceed?

Chicken or the egg?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I just had had Carey’s AC do my garage . Painless install .

RodnJen

Reaction score
My thought would be do the install first. It may save you the cost of a patch job.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
How much oversize should you do for a garage on a mini split, considering one for my new build rather then a wall unit

hallett21

Reaction score
I’d do it once wood siding is off and before new siding goes on.

That way you can put the correct flashings in and have siding on top. Plus HVAC and Sparky dont charge you for demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
Remove wood and install lines inside the wall so you can't see them. At the same time have them run electrical inside the wall this way it won't look like a afterthought.
I’d do it once wood siding is off and before new siding goes on.

That way you can put the correct flashings in and have siding on top. Plus HVAC and Sparky dont charge you for demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what i'm getting at for sure - right now I have the demo crew / the guys doing the roof / the painters / the termite guys bagging the house and now i'm wondering if I should be getting the AC guys in before the new siding goes on ?

I'm going to need a month to get all the subs in while the old siding is off.

Anybody install these in San Clemente that wants to come and give me a bid and suggested time line for the work?

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Anybody install these in San Clemente that wants to come and give me a bid and suggested time line for the work?

Try Rohan & Sons which is local to you. Dean (son) is a boater and does great work with a good crew. They did my prior house and a couple of friends as well. He probably won’t remember as it’s been a few years but tell him Justin from the boat forum recommended you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

racektm

Reaction score
Only thing penetrating the wall would be the line set, perhaps power, install a sleeve or flashing then run the line set. They will never be able to cut a perfect hole around the line set already installed,

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Give Mark Hall a call. Small company that does a lot of work in our office park. We did an industrial expansion last year and they did all the units. I also had them replace our 30 year old furnace and finally install AC in our San Clemente house with a super nice new Daiken system.

Mark Hall
Jerry's Heating & Air
714-345-1625 (w)
951-796-4010 (p)

azsunfun

Reaction score
little more info please, insulation, wall thickness , rafters expossed, mini spit?

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Insulate the walls while the siding is off, it will make a big difference.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If you’re going to redo the siding run the lines inside the wall and cover with the new siding.

sirbob

Reaction score
little more info please, insulation, wall thickness , rafters expossed, mini spit?

looking to mount a mini split here. Power is located just out of view down on the same wall. Standard 2x4 wall - may or may not be insulated.

B79C8639-74E5-404E-944F-4A47705A5585.jpeg

this is exterior shot of same wall - you can see all the siding that will be removed and replace with metal siding.
9C22FDCC-C941-46FD-875A-6972DBB280FF.jpeg

azsunfun

Reaction score
looking to mount a mini split here. Power is located just out of view down on the same wall. Standard 2x4 wall - may or may not be insulated.

View attachment 1006708

this is exterior shot of same wall - you can see all the siding that will be removed and replace with metal siding.
View attachment 1006710
if going in wall, simple enough and clean , would insulate condensate line, 1 other suggestion, munlti zone condensor incase 1zone not enough, never know. have a gd day

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
if going in wall, simple enough and clean , would insulate condensate line, 1 other suggestion, munlti zone condensor incase 1zone not enough, never know. have a gd day

If they go VRV they can add zones as needed in the future.