WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm down for a little 'Curvy-Swervy' . . . but those gals are blimps.
Reminds me when you see those 'Nasties' at the river who have NO BUSINESS in a thong/ v-string with a spaghetti-string double eye-patch top. Lookin like they were a practice piece for tattoo lessons for the blind. 😂 Do they not own a mirror?
I like me some 'curves', and never understood how some dudes get all spun-up over the 'Ally McBeal body' that looks like a 12 year old boy. Meh.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
and so.........all the free judges here who I am sure all look like Roman statues, she is laughing all the way to the bank cause she is getting 💰. 🤨
She isnt whining for a Dem handout, go girl! 😆

I'm not claiming to be a swimsuit model for si. And I think I have a better idea of what should be in it than they do

Roosky01

Reaction score
SPORTS Illustrated...

If you define those two words, you know what should be on the cover.

I'd have to guess the top female athletes in the world today are feeling pretty slighted right now.

Fuck that stupid magazine. 👎
I'm all for this pocket dynamo to grace the pages?

1653020293597.png

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, here's my thoughts on this... First, thank God we all look different, otherwise the world would be a pretty boring place. I do think it's a good thing that all shapes are being more equally represented in media, especially to set realistic expectations for young girls. As a formerly young girl 😆 the pressures can be insane to try to fit in the 'perfect' mold, sometimes leading to dangerous extremes.

That said, having this chick on the cover of what has always been reserved for the pinnacle of hotness is just ridiculous. She is absolutely the antithesis of what should be represented on the front of a sports magazine. Rather, she is the picture of heart disease, which is especially prevalent in women with this body shape. I find it terribly sad that the pendulum has swung so far to the opposite side that this is now placed on a pedestal. I believe that this movement will only result in more women with health issues. She is pretty, no doubt, but she should not be the representative of the ideal woman, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
So, here's my thoughts on this... First, thank God we all look different, otherwise the world would be a pretty boring place. I do think it's a good thing that all shapes are being more equally represented in media, especially to set realistic expectations for young girls. As a formerly young girl 😆 the pressures can be insane to try to fit in the 'perfect' mold, sometimes leading to dangerous extremes.

That said, having this chick on the cover of what has always been reserved for the pinnacle of hotness is just ridiculous. She is absolutely the antithesis of what should be represented on the front of a sports magazine. Rather, she is the picture of heart disease, which is especially prevalent in women with this body shape. I find it terribly sad that the pendulum has swung so far to the opposite side that now this is now placed on a pedestal. I believe that this movement will only result in more women with health issues. She is pretty, no doubt, but she should not be the representative of the ideal woman, in my opinion.
Great insight. I’ll go one further. The pressure you mentioned as a youngster helped form who you are today.

I assume you still ride your Peleton? You understand what it takes to be and to look healthy.

That look, just isn’t healthy. Trying to lower the bar, to artificially remove the pressure of looking and staying fit, will, as you said, cause even more obese, unhealthy young women.

They may be happy, but their bodies will revolt eventually. You can get away with anything until your 40-45. Then it takes work, discipline and a realistic body self image.

I ride 4-5 days a week and still struggle to stay within my weight, body fat percentage goals.

Society is making it ok to be unhealthy.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great insight. I’ll go one further. The pressure you mentioned as a youngster helped form who you are today.

I assume you still ride your Peleton? You understand what it takes to be and to look healthy.

That look, just isn’t healthy. Trying to lower the bar, to artificially remove the pressure of looking and staying fit, will, as you said, cause even more obese, unhealthy young women.

They may be happy, but their bodies will revolt eventually. You can get away with anything until your 40-45. Then it takes work, discipline and a realistic body self image.

I ride 4-5 days a week and struggle to stay within my weight, body fat percentage goals.

Society is making it ok to be unhealthy.

Yep, sure do! I do Peloton rides (with a goal of being in the top 10% on the leaderboard) and lift weights at least 5 days a week. I'm no spring chicken anymore and I'm not perfect by any means, but I still work hard to look good for my husband and to feel strong and healthy for me. It is never easy and requires dedication to a certain lifestyle, which is likely why the new glorification of this unhealthy body is catching on so quickly.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'm all for this pocket dynamo to grace the pages?

View attachment 1117582

Not sure who that is, but there are thousands of female athletes that Should have been on the cover of this magazine.

How about some of our ice skaters from the Olympics? Girls from college sports? Gymnastics? Soccer? Softball!

The list of hard training girls is endless.

These are the women we should be celebrating, admiring and holding up as an example for all to see.

👍🏼

Roosky01

Reaction score
Not sure who that is, but there are thousands of female athletes that Should have been on the cover of this magazine.

How about some of our ice skaters from the Olympics? Girls from college sports? Gymnastics? Soccer? Softball!

The list of hard training girls is endless.

These are the women we should be celebrating, admiring and holding up as an example for all to see.

👍🏼
That pic is Aly Raisman- USA Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast

Here's her rear view from the 2018 photo shoot.

1653061601702.png

Attachments

• 1653061131658.png
    1653061131658.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 43

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

That said, having this chick on the cover of what has always been reserved for the pinnacle of hotness is just ridiculous. She is absolutely the antithesis of what should be represented on the front of a sports magazine. Rather, she is the picture of heart disease, which is especially prevalent in women with this body shape. I find it terribly sad that the pendulum has swung so far to the opposite side that this is now placed on a pedestal. I believe that this movement will only result in more women with health issues. She is pretty, no doubt, but she should not be the representative of the ideal woman, in my opinion.
FYI...She isn't on the cover. Post #13 shows the cover girls. And this isn't the first time she has been in the magazine. This link says she appeared 6 months after giving birth.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FYI...She isn't on the cover. Post #13 shows the cover girls. And this isn't the first time she has been in the magazine. This link says she appeared 6 months after giving birth.

Uh, okay. Cover or not, that doesn't change anything about what I said. She is not the image of fitness or sport, and thus I don't think it makes sense that she should be in a magazine that has that focus.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
A close friend of our family dated her for awhile. She was pretty skinny. Watched everything she ate, exercised like a fiend. She always claimed she was naturally bigger blah blah blah. I guess consuming large amounts and doing nothing makes you naturally bigger? Hahaha
When somebody says something like that, remind them of the WW2 concentration camps they starved the jews in. Not a single fat person.

Tank

Reaction score
Next time you all are out and about take a long look around you. At the store, at a restaurant, at the bank, where ever. The amount of fat people is fuckin' amazing!! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and definitely over weight right now but there is a SERIOUS uptick in the amount of morbidly obese people out there. Compare a photo from say the 40's, 50's or 60's of a public setting to any photo of a public setting now. CRAZY difference in body types.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Next time you all are out and about take a long look around you. At the store, at a restaurant, at the bank, where ever. The amount of fat people is fuckin' amazing!! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and definitely over weight right now but there is a SERIOUS uptick in the amount of morbidly obese people out there. Compare a photo from say the 40's, 50's or 60's of a public setting to any photo of a public setting now. CRAZY difference in body types.
1960’s. Marilyn Monroe
1653080118071.jpeg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Same sports as you. :p

What sports is the majority of the models competitive at. 🤷‍♂️

Kathy Ireland is still my favorite SI cover girl. 😍

Doubtful. I competed in a few back in the day. And I've had participated in even more.

Clearly you missed the point...

There SHOLUD be female athletes in that magazine. Not swimsuit models, not plus size models, not any kind of models at all!

What a shame, you And them, can't seem to figure that out.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Diabetes is one of the top ten causes of death in the US today. There are fast food places on just about every corner now.

I've been spending a lot of time cooking now that I'm retired, and can't even imagine eating that crap again!

It takes Way less time to throw together a healthy meal than it does waiting around to eat crap.

The media doesn't need to idolize the perfect figure, but they should definitely idolize being healthy.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Doubtful. I competed in a few back in the day. And I've had participated in even more.

Clearly you missed the point...

There SHOLUD be female athletes in that magazine. Not swimsuit models, not plus size models, not any kind of models at all!

What a shame, you And them, can't seem to figure that out.
Sholud and Shalom my jewish friend 😀😀

retaocleg

Reaction score
im not a hater, but when tryin to sell mags, dont try and sell a pork chop as a ribeye............all this woke stuff is easy to fix, just dont buy....the bottom line will always win out in the end
when the mags dont sell, they will have to retreat.......

mbrown2

Reaction score
Even pictures from the 70's and 80's people were thinner... I think technology (sedentary lifestyle) combined with food processing has changed things. I will also go as far and say US is fatter than most... go to Europe and you can easily spot the Americans...

On the Diabetes front I used design automation applications for large scale pharmacies...imagine Amazon warehouse for drugs...We would have to decide to put the fastest moving drugs next to the robotic dispensing arm so you could speed the dispense cycle.... guess which drug was fastest mover? ....It was always 800mg Metformin.....Diabetic drugs are the biggest movers in the US...Type 2 Diabetes is something MOST can control through diet and lifestyle change but it is the top 8 killer, top 3 in US chronic disease and number 2 behind heart disease on costliest treatment cause it focks up so many other things...... The topper the US has 2/3's of all identified cases when comparing all 47 developed countries around the world.... we got to change shit up with our lifestyle, food sources.. fock!

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Even pictures from the 70's and 80's people were thinner... I think technology (sedentary lifestyle) combined with food processing has changed things. I will also go as far and say US is fatter than most... go to Europe and you can easily spot the Americans...

On the Diabetes front I used design automation applications for large scale pharmacies...imagine Amazon warehouse for drugs...We would have to decided to put the fastest moving drugs next to the robotic dispensing arm so you could speed the dispense cycle.... guess which drug was fastest mover? ....It was always 800mg Metformin.....Diabetic drugs are the biggest movers in the US...Type 2 Diabetes is something MOST can control through diet and lifestyle change but it is the top 8 killer, top 3 in US chronic disease and number 2 behind heart disease on costliest treatment cause it focks up so many other things...... The topper the US has 2/3's of all identified cases when comparing all 47 developed countries around the world.... we got to change shit up with our lifestyle, food sources.. fock!
Reminds me of Wall-E LOL

The Prisoner

Reaction score
As far as sports, we here are all competitive posters so we’re good.😀

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Reminds me of Wall-E LOL

The grandson who lives on his game and is 14 and won’t listen even when I try to shame him into taking his damn bike out that’s still new after 4 years, has a weight issue because of inactivity. I told him he needs to gtfo out of the house…..like talking to the wall….when we were kids, we couldn’t wait to get out of the house….”be home when the streetlights come on!!!”😀
I told him he lives the life of an 80 year old..it’s actually the ole ladies grandson but I love him like my own…raised him since 1 month old so I don’t Feel right “kicking his ass” as much as I should….can lead a horse to water………..

Roosky01

Reaction score
As far as sports, we here are all competitive posters so we’re good.😀
If they can show poker on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc., I believe we all surely qualify as athletes. Poker is the epitome of athletic skill and strength and you get to wear shades indoors.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
If they can show poker on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc., I believe we all surely qualify as athletes. Poker is the epitome of athletic skill and strength and you get to wear shades indoors.
And competition gaming. That shit sold out arenas.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I don’t like a woman that’s skinny as a rail, or muscularly defined, (but I do respect their dedication to maintaining a fit body), I like them with a little meat on their bones, but not a fat heifer who looks like they have never participated in any physical activity in the last 20 years and regularly eats pasta, pizza, and all forms of potatoes like the beast at the start of this thread. The only physical activity that broad has done is race to the counter as soon as they open the doors at McDonald’s.

Putting someone like that on a sports magazine is just wrong.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
.... we got to change shit up with our lifestyle, food sources.. fock!
This is ONE place where somebody at the federal government level MUST step up with regulations.
The food industry is literally poisoning people over time -- and their cleverly buying politicians off at EVERY level.
Perfect example: Youtube --- 'Sugar, the bitter truth'

DaveH

Reaction score
this ^^^^ but i think its even worse than that.

if you call someone fat nowadays....you are the bad guy..."the shamer".....this has emboldened women to let it all hang out.

I'll keep piling it on.....this new "I am woman hear me roar" thinks they can be obese (obviously not all of them) and we HAVE to accept it. it s then backed up by pictures of FAT models to re-enforce this ideology. been to a victorias secret lately? DONT. or just look at the fat cows on all the TV commercials catering to women.

so Im not shocked at all by the hog on the cover of SI. the gal in the red swim suit claiming to feel like "a super model wearing it" is saying the suit is selling out. that's what this is all about.......being a fat pig is the new norm and the business world wants to cash in.

in my life i was married to a woman who was obsessed with her weight. we are divorced now and she is pretty much obese. i guess with the newfound happiness staying fit went right out the window. i dated a gal after my divorce who was tall and slender, great bod. I'll bet she now is a size 14+. its pretty amazing to see actually. 🤮

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm 100% fine with people being comfortable in their body's.
SI moved away from sports figures & went to runway model types. Now they've moved on to everyday type folks.
That is their choice. We are not obligated to read or look at their magazine. That's our choice. Like using the ignore feature on RDP.
SI is a business and as such not required to do as we think they should, no different than your favorite boat shop not having to operate as we think they should.
Maybe next year they'll go retro don't eat at all 80's? Will that make all the judgmental people happy? Doubt it.
Screenshot_20220522-104621_Google.jpg

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Rather see a chubby woman on SI then Caitlyn Jenner as Time magazines Woman of the Year. The drain is circling.