WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Square Body Fans

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
friend just nabbed this at auction..... he may fix it up a bit or may sell as is. Thought I'd throw it on here and see what the fellas think....

1987 C30
89K miles
Crew cab (3+3) long bed
1 owner
2 wheel drive
1632089255252.png

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Im guessing he's thinking its a good base for a lot of projects.... I'm just counting down till ole BoneFab jumps in.....

ATKpilot

Reaction score
These are bad ass, we sold my Dad's few years ago and I could still kick my own ass for letting it go. His was a very good running babied 1982 6.2 diesel. This is original paint and the interior was exceptional. Your buddy should keep it, thing rode like a Cadillac but they are a bitch in parking lots though.

IMG_0299.JPG

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
friend just nabbed this at auction..... he may fix it up a bit or may sell as is. Thought I'd throw it on here and see what the fellas think....

1987 C30
89K miles
Crew cab (3+3) long bed
1 owner
2 wheel drive
View attachment 1051093

I know diehard squarebody folks don’t care for it...but a shortbed conversion would make this thing perfect

Smupser

Reaction score
Thought I’d share mine.

74’ full convertible blazer with 50,000 original miles I got for 5k and just added a 73’ full convertible jimmy I got for 3k

This doesn’t include my slammed 73’ shortbed fleetside or my 78‘ longbed fleet side. I have a serious love for square bodies.
CEA2265F-A711-4071-BB26-9BD0B5D937BA.jpeg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
These trucks always remind me of being poor. So I don’t see the attraction.

spent many a years pushing these things home or working on them because my dad couldn’t afford anything better or that ran….lol.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My high school ag dept had a '77 ish crew cab long bed Half ton. 454/turbo 400. Pulled a 20 something foot gooseneck stock trailer to the fairgrounds. This was in the late '80s. How times have changed.

Dan'l

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
These trucks always remind me of being poor. So I don’t see the attraction.

spent many a years pushing these things home or working on them because my dad couldn’t afford anything better or that ran….lol.
Funny! I still love them, but goddam, they get way too much for them! My daughter drove "Fred" her senior year. Fred's an 85 Silverado 1500, std cab long bed. Paid 500$, replaced a fender, tuned it up and spray bombed before putting new tires on...1000$ first car for her.

Turned down 3500 for the shitbox last week! These were 500$ trucks, nice ones, in the 90's!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thought I’d share mine.

74’ full convertible blazer with 50,000 original miles I got for 5k and just added a 73’ full convertible jimmy I got for 3k

This doesn’t include my slammed 73’ shortbed fleetside or my 78‘ longbed fleet side. I have a serious love for square bodies. View attachment 1051251
Where'd you find these potential hotties? Frame off builds pulling $100K today

bonesfab

Reaction score
That looks just like my old Whoopty truck before it got totaled. 1973 c20 crew cab. Ended up with that same front end on it. I have three crew cabs right now. And a lowered short bed, and a lifted k5 and a c20 single cab long bed. Issues there is no cure for.

Smupser

Reaction score
Where'd you find these potential hotties? Frame off builds pulling $100K today

trust me, I had to justify to my wife spending the money on them, till I showed her what they were going for.

I got really lucky between the two. I was looking at blazers and I found one on offer up that the guy wanted 17k for And was a couple of hours from me. i talked to him once and he never respond after that. a week later I found one again on offer up for 5k in the same city as me. Go figure. That lit the fire to find a second. The jimmy I found on ck5.com(another forum) for 3k but it was in Colorado so I paid $1,500 to have it shipped.

one thing ive learned is it’s all about marketing. There’s gems out there, sitting in the original owners garage or barns, you just have to find them. A lot of people who finds these are the guys who know how to use the internet and social media. and they’re the ones selling these for outrageous amount. I know if I cleaned up the two a bit I could easily get double what I have into them. But that’s not what I want. I have a genuine love for these vehicles and want to pass them to my two sons one day. I think I got lucky on mine because the guys who I bought them from didn’t really know how to market them for top dollar.

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Woah woah woah!!!! You need to give us first crack at it, or at least post more info about it. I might be in love all of a sudden 😍😍😍

1973 3/4 ton burb. Factory big block, th400, 14 bolt truck. Going to finish polishing it after the Schiada Regatta and list it for sale.

Attachments

• 21290608-BAD0-45BA-B45F-72CF82D08113.png
    21290608-BAD0-45BA-B45F-72CF82D08113.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 120
  • 859B4ABC-2368-40E8-BF98-38BD01B47C12.png
    859B4ABC-2368-40E8-BF98-38BD01B47C12.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 69C76324-E990-457E-AC6A-6118E9BDC72E.jpeg
    69C76324-E990-457E-AC6A-6118E9BDC72E.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 72

4Waters

Reaction score
These are bad ass, we sold my Dad's few years ago and I could still kick my own ass for letting it go. His was a very good running babied 1982 6.2 diesel. This is original paint and the interior was exceptional. Your buddy should keep it, thing rode like a Cadillac but they are a bitch in parking lots though.

View attachment 1051105
Yup, you screwed up. Smog exempt 82 truck just waiting for a cummins swap.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Yup, you screwed up. Smog exempt 82 truck just waiting for a cummins swap.

Exactly, we tried talking my Dad into it and he wasn't having it. So I sold it for him and he bought a new Ford F250 Diesel Lariat and then complains about it all the time... LOL! We tried to tell him but when you're in your 80's you do want you want.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
To hell with the ones from the 80's. I love the ones from the 60's and early 70's

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
You are aware of what these are selling for right? What am I missing.....

Yep very aware of what they are selling for but I feel like both us and the buyer made out ok. It's not perfect by any means. Needs passenger side front fender(battery side) which is pretty common. And all in all it just needs some TLC. The guy that bought it is going to do a frame off as that is pretty much the exact blazer he took his wife to the prom in in high school. He didnt even ask if we would take less just showed up, drove it down the road, loaded it in his trailer and handed me cash.

The wife's white one '89 spun a rod bearing about a week ago so we sold this one to fund the new motor for her white one.

Here is a pic with the one we sold and the one the buyer had during high school. He has also been sending the wife pics of what he is doing with the one he bought from us. I'd rather see it go to a good home then try and make top dollar as we did have offers over asking price and people that wanted to beat us up on price. I feel like we made the right decision and I'm looking forward to more of his progress pics. Sometimes emotions override the $. And I think we still got a fair deal for what we paid and what we put into it. Just glad to see it not just collecting dust anymore. The guy and his wife both were so giddy when they seen it, it was kind surreal.

Here is a pic of the wife's on top and the one he had in high school on the bottom.
20210903_195442.jpg
20210903_195520.jpg

Honestly I thought she was gonna cry when he drove away with it. But she and I both were happy with where it was going and I almost bet he will never get rid of it. And he is shipping her back the license plates since he lives in another state.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

bonesfab

Reaction score
I love my square bodies and anything chevy. But I'm stashing $ away for that damn Toyota of yours!! I just hope it doesn't sell before hand🤣🤣 especially when the wife does this.. View attachment 1051742 View attachment 1051743 View attachment 1051744

In this.. View attachment 1051745

I was actually trying to get the toyota on BAT. But they are jerking me around on the reserve. The guy says the reserve should be around 20k. I almost asked if he was High. I guess she needs a lighter foot.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I was actually trying to get the toyota on BAT. But they are jerking me around on the reserve. The guy says the reserve should be around 20k. I almost asked if he was High. I guess she needs a lighter foot.
LS1 in it ?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

I agree with the guy on BAT..🤣🤣 just so it doesn't sell🤣🤣 seriously if you still have that truck in 6 months(I know it will sell before that if you put it up) I will own that fukr!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
trust me, I had to justify to my wife spending the money on them, till I showed her what they were going for.

I got really lucky between the two. I was looking at blazers and I found one on offer up that the guy wanted 17k for And was a couple of hours from me. i talked to him once and he never respond after that. a week later I found one again on offer up for 5k in the same city as me. Go figure. That lit the fire to find a second. The jimmy I found on ck5.com(another forum) for 3k but it was in Colorado so I paid $1,500 to have it shipped.

one thing ive learned is it’s all about marketing. There’s gems out there, sitting in the original owners garage or barns, you just have to find them. A lot of people who finds these are the guys who know how to use the internet and social media. and they’re the ones selling these for outrageous amount. I know if I cleaned up the two a bit I could easily get double what I have into them. But that’s not what I want. I have a genuine love for these vehicles and want to pass them to my two sons one day. I think I got lucky on mine because the guys who I bought them from didn’t really know how to market them for top dollar.
All makes sense.... great catch & proper intent with your boys!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yep very aware of what they are selling for but I feel like both us and the buyer made out ok. It's not perfect by any means. Needs passenger side front fender(battery side) which is pretty common. And all in all it just needs some TLC. The guy that bought it is going to do a frame off as that is pretty much the exact blazer he took his wife to the prom in in high school. He didnt even ask if we would take less just showed up, drove it down the road, loaded it in his trailer and handed me cash.

The wife's white one '89 spun a rod bearing about a week ago so we sold this one to fund the new motor for her white one.

Here is a pic with the one we sold and the one the buyer had during high school. He has also been sending the wife pics of what he is doing with the one he bought from us. I'd rather see it go to a good home then try and make top dollar as we did have offers over asking price and people that wanted to beat us up on price. I feel like we made the right decision and I'm looking forward to more of his progress pics. Sometimes emotions override the $. And I think we still got a fair deal for what we paid and what we put into it. Just glad to see it not just collecting dust anymore. The guy and his wife both were so giddy when they seen it, it was kind surreal.

Here is a pic of the wife's on top and the one he had in high school on the bottom. View attachment 1051647 View attachment 1051648

Honestly I thought she was gonna cry when he drove away with it. But she and I both were happy with where it was going and I almost bet he will never get rid of it. And he is shipping her back the license plates since he lives in another state.
Like the story.... and totally understand.... these K5s are more emotional time pieces than most. Funny, we all have great memories from K5s in particular.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
To hell with the ones from the 80's. I love the ones from the 60's and early 70's

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Here you go. Don't mean to threadjack, I love the square bodies too but these pics are of my 70' C10 and 72' K10 that my son and I took out on Friday night and then to Donuts and Derelicts on Sat morning in HB.

IMG_5955.jpg
IMG_5958.jpg
IMG_6145.jpg
45D9929D-6572-4F86-B8FC-D6ED3510EF17.JPG
IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6147.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

"Lighter foot"... hahaha.. I dont think that is in her vocabulary!🤣

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score