WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SR71 Blackbird, Speed Check

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
In short the US government set up a shell company that purchased the titanium from Russia...basically the only place at the time you could get titanium.

They set up MANY shell companies from all over so as not to raise any eyebrows.

As exotic as titanium is today, it was ultra exotic in the 60s. :)

TexasJet

Reaction score
To see the Rockies from Canada to Mexico must be a hell of a view. Those pilots are a rare breed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In short the US government set up a shell company that purchased the titanium from Russia...basically the only place at the time you could get titanium.

They set up MANY shell companies from all over so as not to raise any eyebrows.

As exotic as titanium is today, it was ultra exotic in the 60s. :)

My old man used to tell me stories of when you ordered Titanium a semi would pull up with a portable machine shop in the back of the truck, and they'd cut you off exactly what you needed.

He had some pieces of titanium that he was going to machine my mom a ring out of someday.. He never did. I still have the pieces in my shop, and sometimes think about turning it up.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My old man used to tell me stories of when you ordered Titanium a semi would pull up with a portable machine shop in the back of the truck, and they'd cut you off exactly what you needed.

He had some pieces of titanium that he was going to machine my mom a ring out of someday.. He never did. I still have the pieces in my shop, and sometimes think about turning it up.

RD

What are you waiting for my brother?

Reactions: ACS