WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stadium pic - Vegas

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've never been a Raiders fan, but i have been very impressed by owners being so grateful and involved. Every quarter catering bbq for everyone on site and just generally thankful.
Yeah until he fucks Vegas liked he fucked Oakland, L.A. and Oakland....yes his family fucked Oakland twice.

But I digress, the cranes are very cool. I've never understood how those ones that stand straight up stay upright.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yeah until he fucks Vegas liked he fucked Oakland, L.A. and Oakland....yes his family fucked Oakland twice.

But I digress, the cranes are very cool. I've never understood how those ones that stand straight up stay upright.

A little crane 101

This is a tower crane. These are 100% electric. The rest aren't

downloadfile_517164806286012.jpg

This is a crawler crane
20190412_001322.jpg

This is an All Terrain crane
20190412_001241.jpg

HBCraig

Reaction score
No I get that. I really don't understand how the ones in the first picture don't fall over.:eek:

Unfortunately they do

Seattle a few months back....

Texas as well.

Ine main cause in tower cranes is high wind and some folks "tether the boom". That's not good in windy areas. They need to be able to free swing. The other models of cranes are lowered at night when they aren't in use.

Nordie

Reaction score
Unfortunately they do

Seattle a few months back....

Texas as well.

Ine main cause in tower cranes is high wind and some folks "tether the boom". That's not good in windy areas. They need to be able to free swing. The other models of cranes are lowered at night when they aren't in use.

I remember showing up on jobsites and watching the tower cranes free spin in the wind. Guess we're not going up there that day.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Ao do the counterbalance weightS automatically move in response to the horizontal load movement?
On tower cranes, no.

We have aimed technology now that will allow the counterweight to move in order to get higher lifting capacities.

Like this
liebherr-ltm-1450-8-1-varioballast-zoom_img_710_518934327129817.jpg

HBCraig

Reaction score
So the counterweights do not move? What is the lifting capacity out at the end of the arm?
Honestly, it depends on the size

Just as an example, a 200 ton capacity crane is rated at 200 tons 8 feet from the center of rotation. The further your radius is the weight drops.

franky

Reaction score
Honestly, it depends on the size

Just as an example, a 200 ton capacity crane is rated at 200 tons 8 feet from the center of rotation. The further your radius is the weight drops.
And the counterweight does not move on tower cranes?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So much less government corruption back then city was much safer!! Your buddy Harry Reid help turn it, biggest hypocrite of them all total fucking corrupt piece of garbage took their money then help run them out!!! You need to talk to a person that grew up in the city and get the truth not the media's bullshit!!

And not all Raiders fans are assholes many like myself respect the game and other fans and laugh at all the other idiots including the ones that root for other teams.
Went to the Raiders Texans game a couple weeks ago. Lot of Raider faithful there and they were great folks

Nordie

Reaction score
What about your load charts? Is it true the chart is at 75% of load capacity. The reason I ask this is because most operators are only allowed to pick 75% of what's on the chart, meaning 75% of 75%.

Icky

Reaction score
What about your load charts? Is it true the chart is at 75% of load capacity. The reason I ask this is because most operators are only allowed to pick 75% of what's on the chart, meaning 75% of 75%.
I always heard the same

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And the counterweight does not move on tower cranes?

That surprises me as well.
If would seem that on a near zero radius load (or no load at all) the counterweight would be too heavy?

Nordie

Reaction score
That surprises me as well.
If would seem that on a near zero radius load (or no load at all) the counterweight would be too heavy?

Yes, but looking at a tower crane the counterweight is significantly closer to the center versus the jib, something still needs to hold the jib up even at no load.

DaveH

Reaction score
What carrier are you putting Das in for?
most large venues like this nowadays the distributed antenna networks are built as "neutral host".....

meaning a single system that all the carriers attach to. the DAS is often times owned/maintained by an outside company and rents the usage to the carriers.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
most large venues like this nowadays the distributed antenna networks are built as "neutral host".....

meaning a single system that all the carriers attach to. the DAS is often times owned/maintained by an outside company and rents the usage to the carriers.
Ya, I knew that after I wrote it, I worked on Disneyland’s a few years back that’s owned by crown.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yes, but looking at a tower crane the counterweight is significantly closer to the center versus the jib, something still needs to hold the jib up even at no load.
Remember that on a tower crane it is mounted to the ground. The backward stability issue is a lot less in that type of a mount (i.e. pedestal mount)

HBCraig

Reaction score
I always heard the same
Everything is moving toward a "global" chart which is all 75%

Here in the U.S. we used 85% charts. My new models are all coming to America with 75% charts. As far as I know, I am the only manufacturer to do that so far

81Sprint

Reaction score
What carrier are you putting Das in for?

Carriers aren't paying for it, the Raiders are. I am putting in the neutral host and the carriers will pay the Raiders to use it. Here's a couple recent pics last couple weeks of the roof cables going up.
image1.jpeg
IMG_0269.JPG

grumpy88

Reaction score
Would of been nice if Verizon leased the whole thing . There coverage sucks in Las vegas