WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stained artificial turf

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My neighbor, in all his wisdom, dropped an entire can of PVC primer off our adjoining retaining wall onto my artificial turf lawn. It has now stained a section of it purple. Anybody know how to remove it without ruining my grass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javajoe

Reaction score
That primer won’t come of your hand. Surely won’t come off the grass. It’s made to adhere to plastic. Real drag

traquer

Reaction score
That sucks. That stuff is made to vulcanize the plastic, it won't just wear off. It may fade in the sunlight though over time (there's no UV coating in it)? If not, call the guy who installed it and tell him to talk to the neighbor lol

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Alright well thanks for the suggestions. My next house will have no neighbors, i’ve never met one I liked.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
My neighbor, in all his wisdom, dropped an entire can of PVC primer off our adjoining retaining wall onto my artificial turf lawn. It has now stained a section of it purple. Anybody know how to remove it without ruining my grass?

Get a quote. Send neighbor quote. Get check from said neighbor. Replace turf.

Needless to say. I’m sorry for what you’re dealing with.

calkid

Reaction score
If you're on good terms with your neighbor just put a "rock feature" over the stained area. Crack a beer with him and tell him to keep his shit off the top of the wall.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If you're on good terms with your neighbor just put a "rock feature" over the stained area. Crack a beer with him and tell him to keep his shit off the top of the wall.

Both my neighbors on either side are weirdos. We say hi snd bye if we have to but that’s about it. No other communication.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Surprised it didn’t melt the grass into a mess
Get some clear primer, test on small area. Rub it on and agitate with the dauber. Wipe up with clean towel
It removes purple primer off concrete and equipment pretty good. I’d imagine turf it should work

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Surprised it didn’t melt the grass into a mess
Get some clear primer, test on small area. Rub it on and agitate with the dauber. Wipe up with clean towel
It removes purple primer off concrete and equipment pretty good. I’d imagine turf it should work

THIS ☝☝☝
Just like using White wine to get a red wine stain out.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Test lacquer thinner in an inconspicuous area to test it removes the green from the artificial grass. If not, go to town on the purple. Good Luck

MeCasa16

Reaction score
The good news is, you will finally get to know your neighbor a little better with a deeper conversation than “Hi”. The bad news is, the same..

I would think they could cut the section and replace it, but even then, depending on the condition of your turf, it may never quite match or look right. I’d ask a few people, but I was happy with the job Havasu Turf Pros did at my place. They are probably worth having take a look at it.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
The good news is, you will finally get to know your neighbor a little better with a deeper conversation than “Hi”. The bad news is, the same..

I would think they could cut the section and replace it, but even then, depending on the condition of your turf, it may never quite match or look right. I’d ask a few people, but I was happy with the job Havasu Turf Pros did at my place. They are probably worth having take a look at it.

Yeah the way they cut this section, which is right around rocks and on a slope, is seamless and perfect. I’m going to try avoiding more seams and such so chemical removal will be the first thing I try.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Try some real MEK, not the MEK replacement. Try it in an out of the way area as it might just remove the grass also.