WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stalking dinner

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
First time I've seen a Bobcat hunting supper near people. Was wiping down the boat up near the old Nautical golfcourse and little kitty was stalking 4 or 5 bunnies nibbling on grass. Took 20-30 minutes of creeping closer before she lunged after them......then all I could see was a cloud of dust as they all scattered. Got really dark so no idea if she ended up with a full belly or not but was super cool to witness.
20200917_190422.jpg
20200917_190401.jpg
20200917_190355.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Being from small town in the southest I love nature. Looks like a close up, capturing experience that evening.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Being from small town in the southest I love nature. Looks like a close up, capturing experience that evening.
I was maybe 30 feet away at most. Some other people much further away watching lost patience and left. Definitely cool watching the hunter mode in action.

franky

Reaction score
Your own little episode of Animal Kingdom

Groper

Reaction score
Q: Did the Kitty walk across the London Bridge, Bote' or Swim to get to the Island 🤔

RichL

Reaction score
Q: Did the Kitty walk across the London Bridge, Bote' or Swim to get to the Island 🤔
I always asked that same question about the coyotes that roamed around the Nautical at night.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Years back , We heard a creepy cry/gurgle/growl outside we live in the country aways so nothing really surprises . , next morning found tracks out front of the house ... thinking it might be a mountain lion I ask the game warden to stop by , he later advise it was not a cougar but rather a large Bob cat

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Using our golf cart, I once chased and cornered a Bob Cat at Black Meadow Landing. As I sat there in this stand-off with that Bob Cat that had no way to get out, I thought OK now WTF have I done. I slowly backed away and the cat took off. I was one very lucky SOB that the cat didn't jump into the cart with me.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was maybe 30 feet away at most. Some other people much further away watching lost patience and left. Definitely cool watching the hunter mode in action.

Got this guy on video right at dust taking home some bunny dinner from my avo grove. Only wish I'd been able to capture the chase and capture.
Bobcat and bunny.JPG

Taboma

Reaction score
Using our golf cart, I once chased and cornered a Bob Cat at Black Meadow Landing. As I sat there in this stand-off with that Bob Cat that had no way to get out, I thought OK now WTF have I done. I slowly backed away and the cat took off. I was one very lucky SOB that the cat didn't jump into the cart with me.

Years ago while slow cruising some back bays in Havasu rather early in the AM, I found this young bobcat on a beach. Came in close with camera, dismounted, slowly approached, little shit stood up and instead of running, quickly walked directly towards me, I quickly backed up to my waist in the water before he turned around and laid back down. :oops:
My wife almost fell off her jet ski she was laughing so hard. 😂

Havasu Bobcat-1.jpg

Havasu Bobcat-2.jpg

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Funny to see this today. Was taking my little dog for a walk last night at The Landing. There's a nice grass area we always go to. Got down there and let her off leash to stretch her legs from the drive out. Shined my flashlight around the area and spotted a cat. Thought that's strange, never seen any cats around here. Looking closer I see it's a juvenile bobcat. Well the dog,all 13 lbs of her takes off after it and chases it a couple hundred feet until they disappear behind a house. I'm yelling her name the whole time at the top of my lungs thinking if mom is around it's gonna get ugly. Luckily the dog came back shortly after. Walked over to where the bobcat was crouched down in the grass and there was a half eaten rabbit. Lesson learned

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Those are very cool pics Ziggy. Very cool.
Bobcats are interesting critters. We have had them around for a long time, and see a mountain lion 3-4 times a year. I Know when they are around because the deer are not, LOL. Gotta make sure yer chickens are in the henhouse and locked up before dark or the Bobcats will snag a few.
When I was a kid spending summers up here with my Godparents they had several "barn cats". The coolest cat I have ever been around was one of them, his name was "Charlie Brown" Charlie was a Bobtail. Mom mixed with a Bobcat. He was the only one in the litter. Charlie Brown was absolutely, positively, bloody fearless. He was only semi-civilized, would let you pet him if and when he was in the mood, and would let you know when he wasn't. Mostly, he wasn't.
He slept in an old Model A pickup in a carport. The other cats did not. The dogs didn't mess with him.
I loved that cat. Only cat I ever thought was worth a hoot. A big cat with a huge head and a funky tiger stripe pattern on his sides.
One summer night we were all watching TV with the big sliders open and my Godfather asked me to go shut the rainbirds off in the west pasture, which was right next to the house. Could here them making their noise. Went outside, and realized the sprinklers were off, I'd shut them off an hour earlier.
Charlie Brown had a 5 ft. rattlesnake cornered in the planter against the house. Charlie was batting at this snake, who was coiled up and buzzing like a mofo, (hence the "rainbird" sound) and having a grand old time pissing the snake off.
Charlie did not want to be bothered, either. He figured the snake was his toy, and we needed to leave him alone while he played with it.
Godfather finally had me spray the cat with a hose for a second and then he jumped in and whacked the snake with a shovel.
Charlie Brown was PISSED OFF, that we had ruined his fun, I think he figured he was gonna kill that snake himself. Prolly would have. He let us know by leaving two dead rats he killed right there next to the house where the snake had been over the next week.
One helluva cat.
Been a long time since I thought of ole' Charlie Brown.