WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Standard Deck or Tall Deck?

Lumpy

Reaction score
Pulling the 502 out this spring and looking at 572's. The question is will a tall deck fit or do I have to go with a
standard deck for it to fit with my existing exhaust? I have IMCO Power flows with two rubber connections per side.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Pulling the 502 out this spring and looking at 572's. The question is will a tall deck fit or do I have to go with a
standard deck for it to fit with my existing exhaust? I have IMCO Power flows with two rubber connections per side.
Tall deck is great if you can make it work, figure it will raise the exhaust around 3/8". The taller deck block is actually .400" taller, but does not move the exhaust straight up but diagonally up and out.

Consider doing a shorter stroke, larger bore combination, rather than the more standard 4.5" x 4.5".

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
In about a year you can search all the threads for which drive to get...........

Lumpy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Gents.

Tall deck is great if you can make it work, figure it will raise the exhaust around 3/8". The taller deck block is actually .400" taller, but does not move the exhaust straight up but diagonally up and out.

Consider doing a shorter stroke, larger bore combination, rather than the more standard 4.5" x 4.5".

Iv'e got plenty of room going straight up so would I be looking at under a 1/4" wider off each side?
Will my exhaust bolt right up? Measurement was never a strong suit for me.