In it to win it
Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Racebird #12.jpg

azsunfun

Reaction score
dont know if the sound of foils cutting the water and 60mph will do it for me. dig the noise parker enduro.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yup, figured the foil & etech would arrive soon to power boating..... gonna miss that big block sound.... perhaps they'll pipe it through a sound system in first phase to soften the blow. :p

sintax

Reaction score
hahaha why does it look like that is the most unperformance related lower drive / prop?

Did they get it off of an old OMC drive?

azsunfun

Reaction score
whats the actual draft? need cranes to launch?

Hammer

Reaction score
I'd hate to be a debbie downer, but nobody is going to enjoy watching that IMO.... The sound of the engines RPM's is what gives the spectator the "feel and excitement" of the race. Its going to be hard to notice when an E1 accelerates to make a pass.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
I'd hate to be a debbie downer, but nobody is going to enjoy watching that IMO.... The sound of the engines RPM's is what gives the spectator the "feel and excitement" of the race. Its going to be hard to notice when an E1 accelerates to make a pass.

I don't think your being a debbie downer but more of a realist...IMO I don't see how many true power boat enthusiast/racers will be into these things. Taking away the feel, sound, and smell (race gas) of performance boats/boat racing. I've been wrong more times then I'd like to admit, but I hope I'm not wrong on this one.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Remember when America's Cup Sailing changed from real sailboats to the one with the wing and hydrofoils?

Sure some fancy race boats will be like the one pictured above, but the vast majority aren't going to change.

Last edited:

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Mercury is just laying the groundwork to more fully appreciate electric marine power alternaatives in the future. They'll introduce E-1 racing and its technology in Europe where there might be less resistance to 'soundless' competition on the water. They must know something....I'm sure they are not spending millions of $$$$ in research and development on a big gamble.

Tank

Reaction score

Hate to be even more of a downer but offshore racing is pretty much dead as it is.

Realistically, if these things began to compete and become a reality it’ll be a whole new sport. Not a replacement of big block offshore racing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Without scale or measurements, it's hard to say...but how much fun would one of these be with a 300 or a 400 on it 😏
Hydraulic actuators to lift the foils to reduce draft at low speed, maybe a wider, delta shapes hull for multiple seats...or twins out back?
As with any racing development, things can be learned from and adapted.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I tend to agree... but lets face it power boat racing has died from it's glory days, yet America's cup has exploded?

RD

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Funny it looks like a recycled Dynafoil from 1976. They were fast and fun.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Remember when America's Cup Sailing changed from real sailboats to the one with the wing and hydrofoils?

Sure some fancy race boats will be like the one pictured above, but the vase majority aren't going to change.

Gotta say though! .... I'm about fed up with all this Leaf Fk'n Lick'n Electric BullShit! 😑

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Every day more and more "sports" (entertainment) are being controlled by the ultra-wealthy. Looks like the cost of powerboat racing continues to head in that direction

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thats the way many of us feel about the outboard craze in "performance" boating

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wonder if it will have instant torque like a Tesla? 😁

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I just bought a few electric RC boats off Amazon....fuckers only lasted 2 weeks.
Will Amazon take these back too?

#BBCforlife