WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Starbucks - getting raked over the coals

Albert

Reaction score
upload_2018-4-15_21-10-4.gif

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I've had many meetings where I've met someone at Starbucks. I order when I get there, usually for the person I'm meeting as well. If they're late, their coffee is cold.

Notice the proper use of they're, their, and there. All used in this post.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I've had many meetings where I've met someone at Starbucks. I order when I get there, usually for the person I'm meeting as well. If they're late, their coffee is cold.

Notice the proper use of they're, their, and there. All used in this post.
There, there now this is not a grammar post it's (hyphenated for it is) about racism......now then can we get on with the rest of their rants before they're tired of talking about it :D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
If they were any other race this would be. Non issue. You are told too leave, the cops show up and politely ask you too leave 3 times... what do you think is going too happen next? Hell I would have cuffed them after the 1st refusal too leave. When you are give a lawful order and refuse too obey it, you tend too get what is coming too you.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The hanging out in Starbucks not spending any money debate was already discussed in another thread months ago . A problem Starbucks is going to have is they let tons of people everyday use there restrooms and free internet . Starbucks set a precident that it's okay . What made these 2 a exception to that ? I'm not picking a side I'm just pointing out the two guys are going to get paid on this bases alone .

Yellowboat

Reaction score
The hanging out in Starbucks not spending any money debate was already discussed in another thread months ago . A problem Starbucks is going to have is they let tons of people everyday use there restrooms and free internet . Starbucks set a precident that it's okay . What made these 2 a exception to that ? I'm not picking a side I'm just pointing out the two guys are going to get paid on this bases alone .
I have seen Starbucks kick people out and even call the cops on one. Then again the same Starbucks they let a homeless man stay there all day, every day.

I think it has more too do with your aditude then anything else.

boatpi

Reaction score
Some Starbucks lock the restrooms, almost always where there is a large homeless population, or just the hood. In fact in San Fransisco, no one car use them, al shut down due to asshole city law stating if it is open to customers, then all restrooms must be open the everyone. thus there are NO restrooms open in SF. This includes all of the hig hend fashion stores. The homeless shit on floors, on bank steps, and piss openly in public in that shit hole city.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I have seen Starbucks kick people out and even call the cops on one. Then again the same Starbucks they let a homeless man stay there all day, every day.

I think it has more too do with your aditude then anything else.
I agree but in this situation there is somebody down at starbucks counting how many people are not being told to leave and i bet that number is very high . Now statisticly add in racis and I bet Starbucks has a problem . Again I am not saying it's right I'm just talking

2Driver

Reaction score
The world today is about social media set ups, fake news, micro aggressions and fake movements.

You think people would stop falling for these stories with only 1/2 the so called story released before passing judgment.

I’ve seen nothing official on the step by step account of what led up to the cops being called except some folks videoing themselves talking about it.

Its a “society shame” that the first person to explode social media with their version of a story becomes the “take the bait” version, and from there its off to the races with protest, movements and boycotts.

Even then Starbucks CEO fell on his sword.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Some serious CYA on Starbucks part.

Training will consist of this;

When someone in the store is disturbing, trespassing, taking up tables when not a customer/ refusing to leave after asked, do the following:

Whites - ask to leave, call cops, have arrested

Asians - ask to leave, call cops, have arrested.

Hispanics - ask to leave, call cops have arrested.

Blacks, transgender, students of the liberal arts, homeless - don’t do anything, let them do whatever they want.

God forbid people are held accountable for their actions.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500bbc

Reaction score
Turns out their actions were intentional, looking for a paycheck.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
publicity stunt or paid for by political activists?
Proprietors have always reserved the right to refuse service to anyone

nameisbond

Reaction score
Back when I was a teenager we hung out in a few places.... donut shops mainly. We knew to hang out we needed to buy something or we'd be asked to get the fuck out....

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
AFB04255-C6C4-4B84-A908-0B3C2011FAF1.gif
“Pedro said he was hurt, felt bad, was insulted, and not just for him, but for everyone of Hispanic descent like him, even for African Americans.”

He’s milking the race card for all it’s worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m insulted...it says “white mocha”...

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
You're going to see a company go down a hole where they can't catch the rabbit. If they don't do company training every time a customer has hurt feelings, then they will be called a raciest. Take care of the problem at the point of impact. If the employee is in the right, stand by them. If the employee is in the wrong, take action. Now you are going to hold meetings company wide and tell your employees that they better follow the rules of the company to the letter. Unless it hurts the company, then it's the employees fault that they followed the rules. I wouldn't work there.

playdeep

Reaction score
“Pedro said he was hurt, felt bad, was insulted, and not just for him, but for everyone of Hispanic descent like him, even for African Americans.”

He’s milking the race card for all it’s worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As a full blooded Hispanic,I can honestly say...
That's phuking hilarious.
...what a panty waist.Guy should be embarrassed to even report that.

sirbob

Reaction score
Panty waste... now there's a term I haven't heard in a while! ;-)

Meaney77

Reaction score
Its only a matter of time before people will soon be boycotting Starbucks.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Who raised all these F-ING PUSSY'S!!!!!!!

Tank

Reaction score

I appreciate the fact you can take a joke and get what you're saying but that's pretty fuckin' inappropriate. I'm sure if someone walked up to you and called you a beaner you wouldn't laugh it off. I agree sending it to the press is a bit overboard and he's riding the coat tails of what's already happened but you bet your ass if some dip-shit barista wrote some fucked up shit on my coffee cup I'd be a minimum speaking to the manager and most likely writing an e-mail to corporate and wouldn't find it funny. That's just me. I mean, I laughed at the fact someone had the balls to actually be that stupid to write something like that but the dude has the right to be offended (and that's in a world where "offended" is way over used!). It's just not professional and needs addressing if in fact it is the way it is on face value

playdeep

Reaction score
I appreciate the fact you can take a joke and get what you're saying but that's pretty fuckin' inappropriate. I'm sure if someone walked up to you and called you a beaner you wouldn't laugh it off. I agree sending it to the press is a bit overboard and he's riding the coat tails of what's already happened but you bet your ass if some dip-shit barista wrote some fucked up shit on my coffee cup I'd be a minimum speaking to the manager and most likely writing an e-mail to corporate and wouldn't find it funny. That's just me. I mean, I laughed at the fact someone had the balls to actually be that stupid to write something like that but the dude has the right to be offended (and that's in a world where "offended" is way over used!). It's just not professional and needs addressing if in fact it is the way it is on face value
Guess I'm just a little different...
Maybe it was how I was raised and the era.
But,I would've asked the guy who wrote it if/What his problem was.
And depending on his answer...
Gone from there.Guaranphukingtee it wouldn't have included crying to the media.
I'm old school...handle it then and there.

Tank

Reaction score
Guess I'm just a little different...
Maybe it was how I was raised and the era.
But,I would've asked the guy who wrote it if/What his problem was.
And depending on his answer...
Gone from there.Guaranphukingtee it wouldn't have included crying to the media.
I'm old school...handle it then and there.

Yes, exactly what I'd do. I'd be like, "WTF is this shit??"

rrrr

Reaction score
After bodycam footage showed the accusations by four different people, including a local NAACP president, of cops racism and/or sexual assault in the last two weeks to be completely false, it looks to me like this is another setup.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
After bodycam footage showed the accusations by four different people, including a local NAACP president, of cops racism and/or sexual assault in the last two weeks to be completely false, it looks to me like this is another setup.
The libs paid out.Good thing and hopefully people might notice.Probably not.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Reports indicate thousands of ghetto neighborhoods across America are going to shut down and have a training program in place on how to act like Americans. Many will put down their guns, crack pipes, remote controls, food stamps , and iPhones for a 8 hour class.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Reports indicate thousands of ghetto neighborhoods across America are going to shut down and have a training program in place on how to act like Americans. Many will put down their guns, crack pipes, remote controls, food stamps , and iPhones for a 8 hour class.
That's a pipe dream,so to speak.

4Waters

Reaction score
This would fix the problem, Starbucks is only adding gas to the fire.