WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Starting a Family Boat Recommendations

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Currently I have a 24' deep v open bow with a 496. Does the job very well (can get a bit rough in parker) however with a wife that wants to start a family (now) I don't think that this is going to be the right sled for us when she is pregnant or if we have a new born (at least the next two seasons I see needing something new) as getting out of the bow can be challenging.

She is bringing up pontoon boats, however i still have the need for some speed and the twin 400r versions are out of my range.

What did y'all do with expecting wives and or very young ones? Telling my wife to suck it up and deal i believe might be hazardous to my health.

I mentioned deck boats and that seemed to be a good compromise.

Thoughts?
Started my family in a 20.5 Carrera Elite. Taught the older kids how to ski from it, and had a blast. Only problem was with 6 of us, we could barely fit everything in there for a long day on the water. Bumped up to a 24 ft. Cheetah Fast Cat and have had a blast with it. More room than we know what to do with it, basic 7.4 Merc, and rides over the chop pretty damn good for a 24 ft. boat.

In regards to a comfortable ride, simple answer is keep your boat and avoid busy weekends. Mid week boating is always out favorite.

HowardRC

Reaction score
My wife is 25 weeks pregnant, and this is and will be our family boat. Since the day I bought it, I have never had a thought of getting rid of it :)

20180827_145611.jpg

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Speaking of kids on the boat...this past weekend my 1.5 year old INSISTED on sitting on my lap and driving. About 20mins in he knocked out, so I was steering, throttling, and supporting a limp body haha
1CC1EA87-4B40-4E71-9DDD-8EFE2C836B68.jpeg

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
15 weeks... This is the big boat (21' of fury!), and it spends more time offshore than in Parker. Probably heading to Avalon this weekend.
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0293.JPG