WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

State Farm and docks

pkbullet

Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone with State Farm and a boat dock. Policy is written that docks are covered for wind but not water. So waves or water surge events are not covered. We had an F1 tornado come by our dock, rip it in two different directions and they have denied coverage. We even submitted video of the event. No white caps, dock pulled right furniture thrown through railings and as tornado passed ripped it in the other direction up on rocks. Some of our neighbor docks are completely upside down, basically picked up and dropped. Agent tried to help with claim but got the denial letter. Guess I have to sue them. Sad part it we have four properties with them in two states plus cars and boats. Now I have to change carriers and find an agent licensed in NM and TX. I understand that all homeowners dock coverage is similar but the claims result with State Farm is basically criminal. Vent over, fuck them!

traquer

Reaction score
I’m a construction estimator. We have a saying: “Friends don’t let friends have State Farm.”

From a claims stand point, they Sux!
Who would you recommend? Looking for home insurance in TX

pkbullet

Reaction score
I’m a construction estimator. We have a saying: “Friends don’t let friends have State Farm.”

Who do you recommend for a better claims process?

rightytighty

Reaction score
Who would you recommend? Looking for home insurance in TX
I’m in Ca, so not sure about Tx.

I work with most but not all Carriers. In terms of fair settlement and prompt payment without consistent BS ( they all have some), I’d rate AAA and Amica as tops. Farmers and USAA a step behind, but pretty good. The rest- eh, hit and miss.

State Farm seems to have a strategy in place to wear you down.

I have no clue about premiums. Strictly, from a claims payment outlook.

traquer

Reaction score

I work with most but not all Carriers. In terms of fair settlement and prompt payment without consistent BS ( they all have some), I’d rate AAA and Amica as tops. Farmers and USAA a step behind, but pretty good. The rest- eh, hit and miss.

Thank you that's exactly what I was interested in. Insurance isn't where I like to save a few bucks.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone with State Farm and a boat dock. Policy is written that docks are covered for wind but not water. So waves or water surge events are not covered. We had an F1 tornado come by our dock, rip it in two different directions and they have denied coverage. We even submitted video of the event. No white caps, dock pulled right furniture thrown through railings and as tornado passed ripped it in the other direction up on rocks. Some of our neighbor docks are completely upside down, basically picked up and dropped. Agent tried to help with claim but got the denial letter. Guess I have to sue them. Sad part it we have four properties with them in two states plus cars and boats. Now I have to change carriers and find an agent licensed in NM and TX. I understand that all homeowners dock coverage is similar but the claims result with State Farm is basically criminal. Vent over, fuck them!
Better give my agent a call, we are with Farmers I pay for it hope they cover it...sorry yours got messed up.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Amica in Texas is an absolute joke. RUN RUN FAR AWAY. I battled with those clowns for 1 day shy of a year over a claim. USAA as far as homeowners is awesome to deal with from the contractor's side in Texas.

500bbc

Reaction score
I've been happiest with USAA, AAA sucks balls.e
The adjuster is the deciding factor, younger they are the worse they are.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Interesting, I asked our agent about this when we wrote the check for our new dock build, he showed me the policy verbiage, basically if it’s attached to our property Its covered at all the same leveled as the home.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

They don’t SUX, they fuckin suck balls!
Had to tell them my attorney would be contacting them after they failed to pay off on a stolen vehicle. Was a 6 month ordeal.
A few months later when I went to renew the policy....They no longer wished to do business together.
Good riddance cocksuckers!

4Waters

Reaction score

My StepDad put up a sign at the door to his body shop, sorry, no State Farm customers....They wore him out.

When I was in the body shop business 25 years ago State Farm was the most difficult to deal with, Mercury was the easiest and USAA had the hottest field adjuster. LOL

2Driver

Reaction score
15 years in the claims business on both sides. I wouldnt put too much into their first attempt to send you on your way. It’s usually a lower end adjuster and his supervisor hiding behind a form letter.

Be professional, state your evidence based on your coverage and you’ll be fine. You may need to run it up the hierarchy but you’ll get paid out. Worse case take it to your state insurance commissioner, that is the poison pill. Insurance companies will respond as they only get a few mulligans a year with commissioner’s complaint.

Singleton

Reaction score
Interesting, I asked our agent about this when we wrote the check for our new dock build, he showed me the policy verbiage, basically if it’s attached to our property Its covered at all the same leveled as the home.

That is how the dock at the family cabin in WI worked with SF. Had more then 1 claim and never an issue with claim or payments.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I just had a decent size claim with AAA ($35K) with an auto accident repair and it was the easiest transaction I’ve ever had. Literally gave me everything I asked for. Only other claim was a water leak in my home 20 years ago and they were great. Spooks me to hear bad experiences with them but I’ve yet to have one.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Start at the top when filing a claim…make sure that it goes to Claims adjusters manager first …the claims adjusters supervisor second…and then to the claims adjuster… It’s easier to do battle… When the manager is getting the info at the same time as the adjuster… just went through this with Allstate when I was burned out up at Lake Oroville…

poncho

Reaction score
When I was in the body shop business 25 years ago State Farm was the most difficult to deal with, Mercury was the easiest and USAA had the hottest field adjuster. LOL
My Mom and him had just met when he did it but I remember him being done with fighting over supplements and having to wait forever for an adjuster to show up and approve it, he had been in business 20 plus years at that point. No other company gave him so much grief. They also were pressuring to use the generic garbage that was coming into the market.

Sherpa

Reaction score
car accident, not my wifes fault. trying to get this stupid van fixed took 4 months...... SF doesn't have remote-mobile adjusters anymore I'm told. all i got was
retards on the phones, "send 4 corner pictures" etc, weeks go by, we call them, 'status update"? uh., looks like we're still waiting for you to take pictures. WTF?
other party totally at fault.....
finally I just took the stupid van in for repairs. had to pay my 1K deductable... SF say this: They could take up to a full year to make a decision on getting my
deductable back. or not. WTF? I have 7 f-ing cars with this company. My SF rep was below useless........ I went into his office and told him straight up: I need
your help with this shit. I told him I don't just srite checks without some return when needed....... still useless. I'm looking for a new outfit now.

State Farm insurance: SUCK IT. BEEN WITH YOU FOR OVER 30 YEARS. HAVE 7 VEHICLES WITH YOU CURRENTLY. YOU SCREWED ME. OVER A $1,900 CLAIM.
WHICH WASN'T OUR FAULT.

JusTrouble

Reaction score
… Start at the top when filing a claim…make sure that it goes to Claims adjusters manager first …the claims adjusters supervisor second…and then to the claims adjuster… It’s easier to do battle… When the manager is getting the info at the same time as the adjuster… just went through this with Allstate when I was burned out up at Lake Oroville…
I'd like to know how you manage that. Sounds great. Cant see how to make it happen though. I called in my recent claim and later I received a call from the adjuster who was impossible to deal with (Encompass). I demanded to speak with the supervisor by phone and email and was literally ignored. No way I see to start at the top. ??

Baja 252

Reaction score
15 years in the claims business on both sides. I wouldnt put too much into their first attempt to send you on your way. It’s usually a lower end adjuster and his supervisor hiding behind a form letter.

Be professional, state your evidence based on your coverage and you’ll be fine. You may need to run it up the hierarchy but you’ll get paid out. Worse case take it to your state insurance commissioner, that is the poison pill. Insurance companies will respond as they only get a few mulligans a year with commissioner’s complaint.
This^^
I have State Farm and I’ve had a couple medium-size claims. A tornado in the area heavy rains and wind trashed my roof and actually forced water through my sliding glass door seals. They covered the roof, but said the water damage came from a leaky basement.
Exact same thing as you, they denied it first and hoped I’d be okay with getting a new roof.
You need to just keep pushing it up the ladder. They finally offered an engineer from Kentucky to fly out and assess the situation. He examined all of the damage and agreed with me 100%, they instantly paid the claim.
Our dock on Lotto is not covered for water either. I have a rider that covers it for snow and ice damage.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I have had SF my entire life without issues. My aunt likes USAA.
Run, don't walk from Progressive. My kids were hit in Dallas over Thanksgiving, her Jeep is still not done because of those jackals.