WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

State of the RV industry?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I just started sniffing around for our next RV

The lots are much fuller compared to last year and year before.

There are used units available most are priced at what they paid. A few are priced ok.
I’m not seeing much if any being sold.

Rates are increasing. I’m just checked with my bank and about chit my pants when they told me 5% for 10yrs.

How do you guys see this heading?

Singleton

Reaction score
Recreational vehicle loan rates will be going up. The $4B in back orders will go poof for manufactures and dealers will be sitting on inventory again by August. Those who purchased between 2020 and 2022, most likely will start selling due to the cost of gas. problem is QC for units delivered between May 2020 and now sucks.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Bought one last November and was able to find a good used deal. Had to look for a while though, friend also got a pretty good deal around the same time. I would say it's starting to level out but haven't been watching much the last 4-5 months.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Recreational vehicle loan rates will be going up. The $4B in back orders will go poof for manufactures and dealers will be sitting on inventory again by August. Those who purchased between 2020 and 2022, most likely will start selling due to the cost of gas. problem is QC for units delivered between May 2020 and now sucks.
I’m looking at Genesis 27FS and Vortex 2715.
Fully loaded they are asking 52-53k.
I’m thinking if I wait until lots start sitting on inventory I could get them to 45ish plus tax and lic.

I bought my big as Stealth January 2020 for 42tax and lic.

Interest rate is gonna sting though.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m looking at Genesis 27FS and Vortex 2715.
Fully loaded they are asking 52-53k.
I’m thinking if I wait until lots start sitting on inventory I could get them to 45ish plus tax and lic.

I bought my big as Stealth January 2020 for 42tax and lic.

Interest rate is gonna sting though.
Would the rate be better on the truck? Buy the RV cash and finance part of the truck.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I have a feeling the RV sector is probably going to be the first to implode. Disposable income is going to dry up for most part and I really feel bad for folks that bought in the last couple of years. They are going to be so far upside down for the entirety of their 15+ year loans.

I can smell the insurance fraud rapidly approaching...

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
There is a huge dealership in the Central Valley of California (in Turlock, CA). Their lot looks like it is finally full. Just in time for the market to tank.

I bought an RV during Covid. I refused to pay the prices of a new RV. So, I bought an older used RV. I still paid a few thousand in "Covid" dollars, but at least I didn't pay $30K in "Covid" mark up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I would not buy a new RV these days, the quality has plummeted during covid when they were cranking them out. We have a Entegra Anthem, its a 2014, it has issues, they all do, but being part of the owners group on Facebook its mind blowing what people are going through on new ones. Ours new is close to $500k, the Cornerstone model is almost $600k.....windshields exlpoding, slides falling out, all kinds of electrical issues, stranded for weeks waiting on parts. I would lose my shit if I paid that much on a new coach and it was worse than a used one. A well maintained used coach is a far better way to go than a new one in my opinion.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
You would think it would be going down soon.... but I did some browsing around on RVtrader and the prices people are asking are about 15-25% higher than what I just saw 6 months ago (which I also considered high at the time)

maybe with housing being so expensive, people are buying these things to live in now

Singleton

Reaction score
You would think it would be going down soon.... but I did some browsing around on RVtrader and the prices people are asking are about 15-25% higher than what I just saw 6 months ago (which I also considered high at the time)

maybe with housing being so expensive, people are buying these things to live in now

Starting to be schools out for summer season and folks are thinking let’s do an RV trip. Those same folks see rental prices and start looking to buy. Just like boat, RV prices fluctuate based on season

Riverryder

Reaction score
its shocking the amount of people that ask me at work how hard it is to have one?
these people would all go look for blinker fluid if i told them
tell them its not what it seems like on tiktok.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score

I look all the time and i think people are just seeing things are changing and trying to dump for top dollar. I think that ship has sailed and prices are going to start to come down. I bought my country coach right at the start of covid, i got a great deal on it at the time and seeing coaches now I could almost sell for double what i paid. I still haven't found anything thats worth buying and don't even look at Super C's, those people think they have a gold mine and want a fortune for them

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I look all the time and i think people are just seeing things are changing and trying to dump for top dollar. I think that ship has sailed and prices are going to start to come down. I bought my country coach right at the start of covid, i got a great deal on it at the time and seeing coaches now I could almost sell for double what i paid. I still haven't found anything thats worth buying and don't even look at Super C's, those people think they have a gold mine and want a fortune for them
They know what they have :) CC is about as good as it gets in terms of build quality. I wish I had bought a pre-DEF coach though, but still very happy with our 14.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just got a price on a Genesis 27
From Trailer Hitch RV. $59,999. Yet they gave 1 on the lot they will sell me for $51,995. It don’t have features we want. Side Dinette which is a down grade from the chairs. And artic package.

Nah we will pass.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
When shit goes bad, vacation homes are the first to drop.

RVs are the vacation homes of the automotive works.

I’m sitting on the sidelines, waiting for the used market supply to outstrip demand. It’s coming…

Done-it-again

Reaction score
When shit goes bad, vacation homes are the first to drop.

RVs are the vacation homes of the automotive works.

I’m sitting on the sidelines, waiting for the used market supply to outstrip demand. It’s coming…
Sit and wait and you lose out. As we learned from covid, something can come around and wipe you out. Tomorrow is not guaranteed so live it now than saving 5-8k.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Never ever buy RVs new….I’ve had a couple gassers and 3 pushers and made money on all when I sold. Usually bought 10 year old units.
Was never in a hurry and would travel hundreds of miles if it looked to be the right one. Sometimes a waste of time and money, but eventually always found the right condition and price.
Stayed with higher end Monaco and Country Coach.
Yes the market is going to implode case and point, bought a 2000 Country Coach Magna during crash of 2008 for $55k, well below book. Owned it for 6 years and sold for $65K.

Last edited:

Riverhound

Reaction score
We just bought a new to us Country Coach for a really good price. Had to fly to CA to pick it up but, as @Hydroman55 said you have to be patient and willing to travel a bit for the right deal. We looked for months and watched the same overpriced, roached out coaches sit around until we found the one that fit our needs. Prices started dropping about 2 months ago and will most likely continue but don't be afraid to pull the trigger on the right unit to save a couple of $$$$.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Had a 2018 that we bought in 2017. Used it for close to 4 years. Sold it in 21 for 2 grand less than we paid . We sold it to a dealer outright. Didn't want to mess with pp. We bought a new one 3 months later. Paid a little covid on it but I feel we did ok because we made some covid on the old one. Also we paid cash so I may lose but won't be lopsided.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
We just bought a new to us Country Coach for a really good price. Had to fly to CA to pick it up but, as @Hydroman55 said you have to be patient and willing to travel a bit for the right deal. We looked for months and watched the same overpriced, roached out coaches sit around until we found the one that fit our needs. Prices started dropping about 2 months ago and will most likely continue but don't be afraid to pull the trigger on the right unit to save a couple of $$$$.
Can’t go wrong with a Country Coach good call. Miss mine for sure not only good quality but have the right look too.