WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

STEAM OVENS??

gottaminute?

Reaction score
Thought maybe some more experienced or adventurist types may have a need for a steam oven I posted for sale in "everything else"
OR
convince me why I should keep and use it.
I'm all ears and willing to learn new tricks.🤓

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thought maybe some more experienced or adventurist types may have a need for a steam oven I posted for sale in "everything else"
OR
convince me why I should keep and use it.
I'm all ears and willing to learn new tricks.🤓

I looked at it.... If I had room for it I would take it. Not to take away my current oven, but just for another way of cooking. But that's me and I like to cook.

Reactions: TPC

gottaminute?

Reaction score
I looked at it.... If I had room for it I would take it. Not to take away my current oven, but just for another way of cooking. But that's me and I like to cook.
I am curious. At the "home" level, is this a "thing" that people USE or more of just another way to impress the neighbors.

I think I could learn to use it. Steaming veggies in the microwave is easy, but can't say I've ever tried it with salmon.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I am curious. At the "home" level, is this a "thing" that people USE or more of just another way to impress the neighbors.

I think I could learn to use it. Steaming veggies in the microwave is easy, but can't say I've ever tried it with salmon.

The majority of homes wouldn’t have these, so yes more of a discussion piece. It just gives another method of cooking, steam cooking is said to keep the foods its truest flavor and it’s natural vitamins.

sintax

Reaction score
i think its more of a baking thing, i'm not a baker, but I recall some people talking about it

Reactions: TPC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
i think its more of a baking thing, i'm not a baker, but I recall some people talking about it

Steam in conjunction with a convention oven works in making bread. Gives it that hard crust. The oven in question is pure steam, not the same

sintax

Reaction score
Steam in conjunction with a convention oven works in making bread. Gives it that hard crust. The oven in question is pure steam, not the same

ah thats exactly what i was thinking. Good to know!