WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Steel building/garage prices?

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Thinking about building a new garage at my place in Topock/Golden Shores.

Who's the go to contractor to have a building built? Either with concrete, or I'll find someone for that too? Anyone have any recent costs on a building? I'm thinking 60X60 or somewhere in that range.

I currently have a 25x36 garage that I'm also consider tearing down and using the concrete, so maybe I can save some money there, Or I'll just keep that one in place and put the big next to it.

cofooter

Reaction score
LoPresti out of Parker just built a bitchen one down the street and added stucco to the outside but he does all steel as well. He also handled the concrete. Might see if he'd give you a quote. (928) 916-1786 Also has a facebook page that shows some of his projects.

Moabifam5

Reaction score
We just had ours done in Willow Valley early this year by a guy named Kenny Williams . We had a 30x40 with 12 foot doors, engineering, permits, concrete, framing and doors for under $50K. I'm sure price is up now due to materials. Kenny is in his 80's and a bit cantactorus but his guys really did a great job. His shop is on 95 just after the Smiths..Good luck.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Durham Const. 928 667 2530
office is right outside Moon Ridge below the dam. he did the Terribles Herbs and the MacDonalds at the north end of Havasu, also I believe he did the Boat House?storage units on the Island.
Been in this area for many years
NSF

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
The first thing to do is call around and get an estimate on the price of the building. Metal buildings are almost commodities and the pricing will be very close and competitive between manufacturers. I bid my building between 5 manufacturers that were all within 3K of each other. Start there.....

This building is less than 45 days standing in Southern Utah by Page AZ and Lake Powell.

34X50X16 with 4:12 roof vaulted trusses and two 12x14 foot doors.. It will fit 2 full size Diesel Pusher 45 foot motorhomes with lots of room above them.

permit 900
concrete 18,000
building 35000
installation 17750
roll up doors 5K
$76,650

boathouse1.jpg
p2.jpg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Jesus!!!!!!🤯

There are a lot a variables in trying to guessimate a 50x60. If you are free spanning 50 feet with red iron and 16 feet high, that takes some work. The engineering required isn't what it used to be. I would guess you need 3x6 pilings at every foot of the trusses with 1.5 yards and steel in each hole etc...

The major thing that sucks is that you will get an engineered slab from the building manufacture, but you can't get it until you buy the building. So there is no easy way to do a feasibility estimate on the cost of the dirt work and concrete foundation/slab and get it through permits without spending your own money on a engineer or rolling the dice on the building manufacturer engineering. If you use the manufacturers engineering make sure you write in an contingency for modifications if your city/county doesn't accept the plan.

and don't get me started on what the Utility wants to run a separate meter, ... hopefully you are just running a sub panel off of a good 200 amp panel on the property already.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Durham Const. 928 667 2530
office is right outside Moon Ridge below the dam. he did the Terribles Herbs and the MacDonalds at the north end of Havasu, also I believe he did the Boat House?storage units on the Island.
Been in this area for many years
NSF

His office is in front of my friends house on the strip. He is a Builder here and has told me they do quality work.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I REVISED MY GUESS......I used Precise, ask for Devon and let him know Greg from Dike Road that built 2 garages referred him to you, I would guess a 50x60 with 2 doors would be around 100/115k with concrete and insulation and insulated doors (2), with all the recent price increases maybe a little more. Not sure what they would charge for electrical work but the guy that did all my electrical on my 2 garages did an amazing job and he now works for Precise so they can bid that into the total bid. I would also do garage door openers and for 2 doors it should be around 1800 or so.

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I have started another metal building just like the example I quoted above... Its going to be more than $76,650 now.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The first thing to do is call around and get an estimate on the price of the building. Metal buildings are almost commodities and the pricing will be very close and competitive between manufacturers. I bid my building between 5 manufacturers that were all within 3K of each other. Start there.....

This building is less than 45 days standing in Southern Utah by Page AZ and Lake Powell.

34X50X16 with 4:12 roof vaulted trusses and two 12x14 foot doors.. It will fit 2 full size Diesel Pusher 45 foot motorhomes with lots of room above them.

permit 900
concrete 18,000
building 35000
installation 17750
roll up doors 5K
$76,650

View attachment 1051786 View attachment 1051788

How long did the install take on the building?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
How long did the install take on the building?

Start to finish from breaking ground to locks on the door 60 days based on scheduling. But if you are asking about time to install the building from the time it showed up on the back of a truck? 7 working days and a few of those days were closer to 6 hours than 10. I will go a step further. 3 days with 2 men and equipment to install all the sub framing and 4 days of 4 men to install all the insulation, sheeting, chord bracing etc...

Last edited:

Hunkydory_Hallett

Reaction score
Following...
Not sure if I want to go steel or stick built off the side of my single wide.
Approximate size is 13'-6" x 60'.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Start to finish from breaking ground to locks on the door 60 days based on scheduling. But if you are asking about time to install the building from the time it showed up on the back of a truck? 7 working days and a few of those days were closer to 6 hours than 10. I will go a step further. 3 days with 2 men and equipment to install all the sub framing and 4 days of 4 men to install all the insulation, sheeting, chord bracing etc...

Was wondering, just at $17,750 for local work seems steep for the install just for the building....

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Was wondering, just at $17,750 for local work seems steep for the install just for the building....

I am not particularly local. I am 50 miles from the closest town of 4600 people. The next best bid I got was $23,000.

I somewhat agree that it is a bit expensive. But to go fast and do it safely, you need a 5000Lbs Telehandler, a rough terrain Scissor lift and ideally an articulating boom bucket. If you went to rent that out of Phoenix you are looking at 7000 dollars for 2 weeks. Next you have to get that equipment to the job which is 3 trucks and 3 drivers or one guy going back and forth for 2 days. Add in fuel and mileage to the tow trucks. My subbed crew required a couple nights of hotel rooms and incidentals also based on where they were out of and my rural location. There is insurance, licensing etc... and finally a living wage for skilled installers.

Having said all that, you could save money on the installation any where you can get around the overhead I mentioned. The key item for me was speed and quality and I passed the final.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I am not particularly local. I am 50 miles from the closest town of 4600 people. The next best bid I got was $23,000.

I somewhat agree that it is a bit expensive. But to go fast and do it safely, you need a 5000Lbs Telehandler, a rough terrain Scissor lift and ideally an articulating boom bucket. If you went to rent that out of Phoenix you are looking at 7000 dollars for 2 weeks. Next you have to get that equipment to the job which is 3 trucks and 3 drivers or one guy going back and forth for 2 days. Add in fuel and mileage to the tow trucks. My subbed crew required a couple nights of hotel rooms and incidentals also based on where they were out of and my rural location. There is insurance, licensing etc... and finally a living wage for skilled installers.

Having said all that, you could save money on the installation any where you can get around the overhead I mentioned. The key item for me was speed and quality and I passed the final.

No doubt being remote like you mentioned caused a premium. In the end its done and you past the final.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
No doubt being remote like you mentioned caused a premium. In the end its done and you past the final.

These installation crews are in high demand and busy. They still are pretty competitive with their bidding. The owner of the crew I used has a new chevy diesel that is a year and a half old with 85,000 miles on it. So as a business expense, you are throwing away a 75,000 dollar truck every 3 years in all practicality.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I have part of one I could sale. Someone stole the other 2 pallets.
20210731_111736.jpg
20210731_111744.jpg