WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Steelers vs. Bengals tonight

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Tied at 20 with 3 1/2 mins left.

Seriously......... wtf is wrong with these idiots (on both sides).
Pretty much nothing going on except head hunting.
I don't even know how much in fines are going to be handed out tomorrow.

JD D05

Reaction score
Rough game. Burfeit has knocked Steelers out of games and ended seasons multiple times. The history is nasty with these teams. I thought Juju hit was a penalty but not as big of a deal as the announcers made it.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Fuck Burfict - he's the poster boy for what's wrong with the NFL. JuJu's hit used to be legal but now it's not. But NFL fans everywhere were applauding him laying out Burfict.

RodnJen

Reaction score
It is a perfect example of the modern game. They need to be taught at an early age how to tackle. Some rugby or Australian rules footballers could teach them a thing or two and the injury rate would go way down. Nothing will change until the league and the coaches make it happen.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
It is a perfect example of the modern game. They need to be taught at an early age how to tackle. Some rugby or Australian rules footballers could teach them a thing or two and the injury rate would go way down. Nothing will change until the league and the coaches make it happen.
The Texans lost 4 players to concussions Sunday. One guy had his 3rd this year.

I'm starting to believe the players are getting too big for their skeletal structure, ligaments, and joints. Their strength and size is hurting those they hit and their own bodies.

I agree with rugby techniques helping in many cases, but these huge muscular physiques are creating forces beyond what can be handled during impact. Plus many injuries happen without any physical contact. Just tendons and soft tissue unable to handle the powerful musculatures.

And concussions to may be the result of such forces applied during hits. I don't know, but there are far more major injuries in the NFL than in the past and has to be some reason. The Texans have lost major talent and many more. The losses of Watt, Watson, Foreman, Merciless, and a dozen lesser players have decimated the roster. The major 4 came without contact.....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Get rid of all the protective plastic gear and I bet injuries would be reduced significantly. Ain't none of them prima donas gonna throw their bodies at each other like they do now.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Did an actual injury report on Shazier come out? Did not look like a bad hit, but just right.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Payback triggers another payback it’s a MoFo

boatnam2

Reaction score
Burfict has been doing that shit since high school, good to see him get a little payback.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Get rid of all the protective plastic gear and I bet injuries would be reduced significantly. Ain't none of them prima donas gonna throw their bodies at each other like they do now.

Exactly.
The outer equipment they wear now is far more offensive than defensive.
I think they should be allowed to wear as much soft padding as they like ...... but no plastic and any foam has to be tested to meet a maximum durometer spec.
The shoulder pads now are just weapons.