WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stepping Stones - IE

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
Hey All....so I have a patch of grass in my front yard that I cannot keep nice. It is right next to the driveway so it gets walked on, etc. Over the years I have spent a ton of money on new sod, water, seed, top soil...all of it. I am over it...I am going to put in stepping stones surrounded by gravel and keep the other part of the yard that is beautiful.

Of course we have Home Depot, Lowe's and then Thompson's...any other building material/rock places out in the IE that maybe aren't as "pricey" as Thompson's but with a better selection than Home Depot/Lowe's?

Thanks in advance!

sintax

Reaction score
I’ve found some cheap flagstone and gravel on Offer-Up. Might be worth a shot

jadenchick

Reaction score
HD Supply? I can’t remember exactly what they sell.
Sepulveda Building Materials.

Icky

Reaction score
I think there's a place in Chino or south Ontario, can't remember the name.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Southeast Supply. Although I ended up getting mine at Thompson’s.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Resource Building Material usually has a variety. They have locations all over the place.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Any real nursery . Like a star nursery sell stone by the pound

wzuber

Reaction score
Southeast construction products in chino has a pretty nice selection of flag stones, step stones etc. Their on riverside dr.
...ain't nothing cheap anymore..

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
There’s some nice polyurethane molds that make pouring your own a weekend job. If you’re into that sort of thing.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
make your own , get some sono tube cut into 3" rounds put them where you want them fill with concrete , while its still wet I've placed horse shoes , old wrenches beer caps just push into the mudd broom it off .

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Hey All....so I have a patch of grass in my front yard that I cannot keep nice. It is right next to the driveway so it gets walked on, etc. Over the years I have spent a ton of money on new sod, water, seed, top soil...all of it. I am over it...I am going to put in stepping stones surrounded by gravel and keep the other part of the yard that is beautiful.

Of course we have Home Depot, Lowe's and then Thompson's...any other building material/rock places out in the IE that maybe aren't as "pricey" as Thompson's but with a better selection than Home Depot/Lowe's?

Thanks in advance!
Check out Weist Rentals on Pierce.
784F9C1D-6FDF-4364-B630-ABE708E0763E.png
FBCA2AF6-8465-47FE-9CE7-CA90C20ADC61.png
F16FCDBB-9D74-417E-B138-45A6CC089B56.png

Along the fence next to the freeway they have pallets and pallets of various stone, flat, round, couple of different sizes and color.

I’ve been there a time or two

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Just for great ideas, I highly recommend Thompson's Building Materials in Fontana. Well worth the drive to just look at the great ideas, displays, ponds, BBQ's, swings, stone, etc.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
Picture of the area you are talking about.... before and after would be great. Lady in bikini in the picture would be a bonus for those who don't care about the project.
I will talk to her about that...I keep trying but she keeps coming back with "I am not as young and skinny as I used to be?".... hell...who is?

wzuber

Reaction score
Check out Weist Rentals on Pierce.
View attachment 1035175 View attachment 1035176 View attachment 1035177

Along the fence next to the freeway they have pallets and pallets of various stone, flat, round, couple of different sizes and color.

I’ve been there a time or two
No shit???
I guess if you can rent wheels, hubcaps etc. Why not stone? Is the rent by stone/month or how does that work? Deposit on pallet or is that included into the stone rental $$
Haha

Gelcoater

Reaction score
No shit???
I guess if you can rent wheels, hubcaps etc. Why not stone? Is the rent by stone/month or how does that work? Deposit on pallet or is that included into the stone rental $$
Haha
😂😂
It’s a rental yard that sells materials. 🤔

Edit... and there is a refundable deposit on the pallet

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Sweet side hustle for the rental yard.
It is actually.
I’ve never rented a damn thing from them😂
Bit I’ve brought in over 4 tins of rock like I showed earlier and have had a dump truck of smaller rock delivered in the past.
They have mulch, stone, decorative block, split face, pavers, all sorts of shit.
They’ve been there at least 25 years I know of.
B2C5B987-BCB3-4477-8F52-0E96B1E3F58A.png

No more lawn!👍

wzuber

Reaction score
It is actually.
I’ve never rented a damn thing from them😂
Bit I’ve brought in over 4 tins of rock like I showed earlier and have had a dump truck of smaller rock delivered in the past.
They have mulch, stone, decorative block, split face, pavers, all sorts of shit.
They’ve been there at least 25 years I know of.
View attachment 1035255
No more lawn!👍
[/QUOTE

Nice, looks good.....no more lawn mowing even better. Thanks for sharing the resourse. I'll add them to the list.