WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stereo tuning

USMC2010

Reaction score
I added a Bluetooth module to finally uncable my phone.
IMG_20190514_170411.jpg

41-rm1krObL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I never really thought the system sounded correct so while I was at it I went through both amplifiers and head unit settings. Turns out pretty much nothing was right, 5.5 years late it is now.
IMG_20190516_183946.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
so whats your process?

Are you measuring pre-amp signals?, amp outputs? whats the story?

USMC2010

Reaction score
I preset the head unit to the recommended settings in my amp manuals. Downloaded 50 hz and 1 khz sine wave signals at 0 db to my phone and used it for the source input via the new Bluetooth. I then measured the amp speaker outputs using an o'scope and set them to have no clipping.

Last edited:

Maestro

Reaction score
I preset the head unit to the recommended settings in my amp manuals. Downloaded 50 hz and 1 khz sine wave signals at 0 db to my phone and used it for the source input via the new Bluetooth. I then measured the amp speaker outputs using an o'scope and set them to have no clipping.

Can you show more pics and details on how you did this. I have a vague understanding. But would like to see how you set the sine wave parameters ect.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Can you show more pics and details on how you did this. I have a vague understanding. But would like to see how you set the sine wave parameters ect.
I have JL amps. JL has a 9 step process that only requires 50 hz at 0 db for subs and 1 khz at 0 db for mains, a multimeter and it is very accurate. I downloaded the test tones from the Jlaudio website to my phone. If you know your recommended amp max output A/C voltage to the speakers then this will work on any brand amp. The process worked better from my phone vs a CD that I burned or even from my USB stick. Where the o'scope stood out from just an A/C measurement was in determining I needed my inputs on high vs low, where the actual clipping started when setting amp gains instead of relying on just a voltage measurement and what the max volume on my phone can be. Phone if it has any EQ settings should also all be flat. If you require me to really detail it out more I can but it will have to be later when I can type on my computer.

Last edited:

Maestro

Reaction score
Great info. I'll be redoing my stereo in my boat this year and this will help with setting it up.

USMC2010

Reaction score

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When I installed my sound system in one of my Rzrs I had to go to a high end sound shop and they tuned it for me.
Amazingly, they didn't charge me.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
any one have a solution for using the DD 1 on a system without a CD player ?????

USMC2010

Reaction score
Took it out on the water today for an on the water final check and it is night and day better.

Last edited:

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Connect the Bluetooth module directly into your amp.

I checked out the YouTube video and they were using a hrz setting cd. Amps are old school alpine. Does this kit come with more than a cd? Deck is blue toof compatable.
Thanks