WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Steve McQueen

Jet-Daytona

Banned
Reaction score
I was in Hastings today looking for a book and saw a speciality book on him. I always admired him and was impressed he did his own stunts. I knew he died of Cancer but did not realize from Mesothelioma caused from the Asbestos used in his driving suits back in the day:thumbsdown. He was the "MAN" and what Hollywood was all about VS. today.

92 cole

Reaction score
I was in Hastings today looking for a book and saw a speciality book on him. I always admired him and was impressed he did his own stunts. I knew he died of Cancer but did not realize from Mesothelioma caused from the Asbestos used in his driving suits back in the day:thumbsdown. He was the "MAN" and what Hollywood was all about VS. today.

Steve was and still is in my eye "the Man" He did all his own stunts, was an avid racer and a TRUE "MANS MAN". As with Paul Newman. In my opinion some guys act like they have them and some really do. M

Jet-Daytona

Banned
Reaction score
Steve was and still is in my eye "the Man" He did all his own stunts, was an avid racer and a TRUE "MANS MAN". As with Paul Newman. In my opinion some guys act like they have them and some really do. M

"BULLIT" is to see on the Big Screen.

D

Deleted Account

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Great Man...

Attachments

• McQueen.jpg
    McQueen.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 323

Faceaz

Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Great Man...

Great Pic.

My Pops picked up some negatives @ a swap meet, turns out they are a bunch of pics he shot during On Any Sunday - including some nudies of his wife :skull.

Reaction score
A Legend for sure...My next watch, will be a "McQueen", (even though he always wore a 5512 Submariner), I can't wait to get an Explorer II W/orange hands...refered to as the McQueen model.

Attachments

• next watch.jpg
    next watch.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 295

OnlyMoney

Reaction score
And here I thought this thread was about my tortoise, Steve McQueen :p

Duffster

Reaction score
Steve McQueen rocks

ad3a2a44-c544-e34d.jpg

[video=youtube;7zhDKFhfEgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhDKFhfEgg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhDKFhfEgg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

[video=youtube;1qODJEH1JhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qODJEH1JhE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qODJEH1JhE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
He lobbied for the off roading and M/C industry too,, and very effective.

The combo of heavy smoking and certain asbestos is believed to usually be the cause of Mesothelioma.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Great Pic.

My Pops picked up some negatives @ a swap meet, turns out they are a bunch of pics he shot during On Any Sunday - including some nudies of his wife :skull.

Thats what PMs are for... :champagne:

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Steve McQueen! I remember dirt bike riding up in Santa Clarita and Steve would show up with his 360 Husqvarna and obviously was a very good rider. Afterwards, we asked him if he wanted to join us for a beer, to our surprise he accepted. He was just one of the boys and there was no Hollywood bullshit from him. Just a great guy!
I used to like to go to open hangar day, at the Santa Paula airport and sometimes Steve was there in his hangar with his Stearman and slew of motorcycles. Same thing...an unaffected "one of the boys".

SS 201

SS 201 Schiada
Reaction score
I had a Mcqueen Rolex for 25 years, just sold it last year. Got three times what I bought it for.

sirbob

Reaction score

For the record I am a huge McQueen fan and agree with everything thats been said here already....

But - are you saying that Paul Newman was a poser? I'm reading your post and am not sure if you are saying Paul is a lot like Steve or Paul "acted" like he was like Steve?

For sure Mc Queen was the rougher of the two - but Paul was the real McCoy also

Little D

Reaction score
Paul Newman also gave away $300 million to charities. Plus he was Doc Hudson in the movie Cars.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
For the record I am a huge McQueen fan and agree with everything thats been said here already....

But - are you saying that Paul Newman was a poser? I'm reading your post and am not sure if you are saying Paul is a lot like Steve or Paul "acted" like he was like Steve?

Pretty sure he was saying that both are bad ass.....:cool:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
He was who he was, on and off screen the same guy. A rare, rare thing in tinseltown.
I saw him once at an airshow in Chino when I was around 12. The guy was something.

73beast

Reaction score

I believe he is saying they were both the same kind of person.............:D

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
Steve McQueen used to spend alot of time riding at Indian Dunes, Saddleback Park and loved the desert, especially Jaw Bone & Deadman Raceway in Applevalley. He spent a bunch of time at the old Cycle Products West shop in L.A. as memory serves.
His role in LeMans will always be one the motorsports classics !! His son Chad also was into mx and martial art & movie business.
He and Paul Newman werein leagues of thier own, I'm sure the racers in heaven are glad to chat with em !!!