WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

STFU - another pool thread?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There are so many pool threads and this thing has taken so long I can’t even remember where mine is anymore. Started in October, all kinds of covid crap delays on some of the materials we were using. Thankfully almost wrapped up in time for warm weather.

Plaster and water is scheduled for May 10.

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I certainly understand the frustration with delays. We started out build on oct 22 and we had water in the pool on feb 20

Reactions: DLC

TrojanDan

Reaction score
2B7B751C-5CC1-4613-8972-E3F20D949B99.jpeg
5B585E1D-D997-4F5F-9BE9-B01D748E9DB7.jpeg

First World problems. My plumbing and electrical was finished yesterday. Now I get to worry about travertine shipments from Turkey. At least you’re past that stage. Same builder as you.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
View attachment 997290 View attachment 997291
First World problems. My plumbing and electrical was finished yesterday. Now I get to worry about travertine shipments from Turkey. At least you’re past that stage. Same builder as you.
They said they cant get any. Split face stone for walls is hard to find as are the pool heaters, there are no LED sheet descents either. So we are going to fill it but there will still be work going on for quite some time tying up loose ends. We sat dormant for almost 2 months waiting for the imported water line tile. Waiting for the turkish travertine is key, there are cheaper alternatives but its crap and it crumbles over time.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
They said they cant get any. Split face stone for walls is hard to find as are the pool heaters, there are no LED sheet descents either. So we are going to fill it but there will still be work going on for quite some time tying up loose ends. We sat dormant for almost 2 months waiting for the imported water line tile. Waiting for the turkish travertine is key, there are cheaper alternatives but its crap and it crumbles over time.
From my discussion with Steve yesterday, they are looking at alternative pavers similar to Travertine that are man-made. The meeting was suppose to take place today. The tile is definitely causing a bottleneck, as is the equipment, as is the tile, as is the pvc pipe, manpower, oxygen, etc...you get the picture.
Luckily I purchased all my custom color double split faced late last summer and just stockpiled it. If I can only get a F’in mason to build it. I currently purchased Turkish travertine in my contract but am looking for alternatives so I can be swimming this summer instead of next. I also have a chiller I ordered as well.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I can can look and see what waterfalls I have. Pretty sure I have 2 or 3 led 3ft waterfalls on shelf if you still need

Richard.E

Reaction score
Dealing with delays on this pool build in Utah.
Started digging in early March and haven’t been back since. At least they left their equipment for me to look at.
63640306971__D71ACDBB-DE00-460B-839E-1BB731E90B80.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Which is why I started my thread about contractors. I started a pool remodel on March 1st thinking at the most it would take 2 months...being generous. It's looking like it will take 3 months. It used to take me 30 days to build a pool. I'm so fucking frustrated right now.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Dealing with delays on this pool build in Utah.
Started digging in early March and haven’t been back since. At least they left their equipment for me to look at. View attachment 997678

Do you have a date for their return? Maybe I can barrow the Equiptment before they come back to get it. LOL

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Do you have any rebar, shotcrete, plaster, travertine, and manpower sitting on your shelves? 🤔
Rebar, Plaster, travertine I can get all day long. Shotcrete I can get but costs are fukt
Non of it helps you much in Havasu. Go to state college in Anaheim and get your travertine and bring it to Havasu. Their shittiest material is equal to havasu’s Premium turkey travertine, lol

Reactions: Maw