WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

still looking for missing nordic flame

beertruck

Reaction score
As some may remember I was one of the victims of Tim McDonald and OCM marine. He sold my boat around May of 2014, and continued to tell me he had it for sale until his world came crashing down in October of 2015.
here it is one year later, and I got a notice from the District Court of Oakland California that my boat is in a preliminary order o forfeiture.

Apparently Tim sold the boat to a Jibri Omar Watkins, and the boat was involved in some illegal activities.

I called the courts to claim the boat as the rightful owner ( I still have title, and its coast guard documented) , and here's where the problem is.

The cailfornia courts do not know where my boat actually is. The believe it is being hidden by friends of Watkins in the Sacramento area.

please be on the look out for the boat. Ask friends, marinas, and mechanics if they have knowledge of the boat.

please email me any info you might have [email protected], or call 206 679 4472

Thanks

Don Bellis

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpg
    IMG_4022.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 43

RGH'sBaba

Reaction score
Wow, that would be a hard one to miss! Good luck.

JD D05

Reaction score
What a nightmare man. I hope this works out for you.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm here in Sac and I will keep an eye out for it. Not too many high performance boats like that around here.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Man that sucks. Wherever it is, if it's still together I bet it's been wrapped, regelled or painted. No way it could be towed or put on the water with such a distinctive gel scheme

JD D05

Reaction score
Are you still paying for this boat? Ignore me if you don't want to answer that...either way I have always felt terrible about your situation. I was considering this boat when I bought a Flame.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Wherever it is, if it's still together I bet it's been wrapped, regelled or painted. No way it could be towed or put on the water with such a distinctive gel scheme

Doesn't matter what color it is now, a 35' Flame is going to stick out like a sore thumb around here.

beertruck

Reaction score
Damn, what a nightmare man, hope you find it.

How is OCM Tim even still able to chew solid food at this point?

Very good question. The legal system sucks. How can you screw so many people, and still not have charges against you 1 year later.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
It could have a WRAP on it by now ...........

beertruck

Reaction score
It could have a WRAP on it by now ...........

It is the only black gelcoat bottom nordic flame. It could be painted, or wrapped, but the bottom hull will always be black.

HST4ME

Reaction score
South America and the Middle East is a good place to start looking. Good luck man......that fucker knows what he is doing.:thumbsdown

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I thought about your situation today as I drove by The Rock in Tri Cities...... I sure hope you find your boat

Andy B.

Reaction score
Very good question. The legal system sucks. How can you screw so many people, and still not have charges against you 1 year later.

To answer your question ask HRC!(that wasn't meant to be a joke i'm serious) This totally sucks and I hope you get it back in tacked! Criminals suck but IMO the system is set up for criminals to succeed........................

C-2

Reaction score
I can't help but ask, do you have a lawyer helping you?

spectras only

Reaction score
Don, sorry to hear that still no lead to find your boat. You could get this 35 Flame from Vernon, have your custom paint done by Mike instead of feeding lawyers and fighting at court. The boat probably will rot away before resurfaces or it's already in the ME somewhere, repainted completely.
$99k cdn, it's interesting this boat has WA registration numbers too,so no re-import tax, I guess.
BTW, do you know Bubba's number in Portland? If do, could you please pm me here.
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/5863457544.html

bocco

Reaction score
It might be worth emailing that picture to any marinas on the Delta that have indoor storage. Whiskey Slough and Orwood could be good places to start. And if you haven't already you might want post on performanceboats.com in Delta Lunch bunch section.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Any thoughts about hiring a private investigator to look into this guy and his known acquaintances? Not knowing the details, but I'd guess if the boat is still around, it won't be on the water, in a marina, or out in the open. It will be inside a warehouse or private building with little traffic so no one sees it and mentions it to someone.

A PI just might be able to get a list of known associates of the guy that have someplace to hide it. Maybe good money after bad, but if you can afford to take the chance, it could be found with the right information.

Good luck with whatever happens.

beertruck

Reaction score
I do have a attorney working on this, but does not look good. Myself and many other will most likely collect nothing from Tim. Secured creditors come first

Not looking to replace the Nordic, I was selling it as I had a 39" specter CC made.

thanks on the performanceboats.com, I will give that a try

C-2

Reaction score
Has the attorney filed an opposition or objection to the Fed's pending Order of Forfeiture?

Trying to help, not questioning your actions BTW. :)

beertruck

Reaction score
yes, we have filed the petition, and provided proof of ownership.
Need to locate the boat, not sure how motivated the state will now be with them now not getting the boat

C-2

Reaction score
yes, we have filed the petition, and provided proof of ownership.
Need to locate the boat, not sure how motivated the state will now be with them now not getting the boat

Damn, that's a tough one. Assuming you find the boat, I imagine fighting the US Attorney's office over ownership would put you in an awkward financial position as far as value vs. legal fees.

Hopefully the guy does only a fraction of his time in Club Fed and will decide to take the boat out for a spin.

Good luck with it, that's a unique boat (the 35 Flame in general), so hopefully you will raise enough awareness to get a hit.