WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stimulus Checks, My kids got them (4yo & 6yo)?!

What should I invest their stimulus money in:

• College Savings Account

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Plywood and 2x4’s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogecoin

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Garbage Pail Kids trading cards

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Jimmyv

Reaction score
So background, I am on disability while finishing cancer treatment.

This past year, after six months, I had to file with Social Security Disability. Along with mine, each of my dependent kids get a small monthly check as well. Don’t ask me how, I don’t understand this stuff - the the social security folks were real adamant I provide their info and collect the additional benefits.

This month they both received an additional $1400 deposit?!

This $hit is broken. No wonder the unemployed don’t want work. Free money is falling out of the sky these days. I was going to put it in their College 529 accounts, but now I’m thinking plywood and 2x4’s.

J

Last edited:

Jimmyv

Reaction score
The check is to benefit the kids expenses since you are not able to cover all

Thanks, yes! That’s how SS explained it, but I’m also still collecting a check from my company. Payroll did decrease my monthly check by the amount SSDistability pays, but the kids don’t calculate into that. Just bonus money.

At the one year mark I moved from short-term, to long-term disability, and I’m still getting a full check subsidized by vacation hours.

Won’t really matter anymore, My doctor has agreed to release me to work starting next month 👍

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Haha not sure how this wound up in the Classifieds. - Nothing to buy here, Move along!

I was just reading about the golf cart in the Lounge, I guess that post was moved and I didn’t realize I was in a different forum!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Haha not sure how this wound up in the Classifieds. - Nothing to buy here, Move along!

I was just reading about the golf cart in the Lounge, I guess that post was moved and I didn’t realize I was in a different forum!

I thought you where selling your kids checks?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Jimmyv

Reaction score
At the rate sitting money looses value I’ve setup a pole: see above

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I vote for a college savings account but specifically a 529 account so it will be invested and build over time.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I vote for a college savings account but specifically a 529 account so it will be invested and build over time.

I setup a poll at the top of the thread for this feedback!

In all fun, depositing it into their 529’s is exactly what I’m going to do. Amazing what compounding interest over time can do.

J

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What???? No RDSUX option? I am out!!!!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Take it to Vegas and put it all on Red or Black :cool: