WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stock market today….oh oh

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Its gonna be a rough fucking day.

Hold on to your financial jock strap

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Im waiting, maybe until mid October then I’m going to park a substantial chunk of my portfolio cash into dividend stocks and dividend etf's and call it a day.

I need to start focusing on living and spending money like you. :)

cant take it with ya Warbucks

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Pffft. I never look at the day to day trends. I'm not a day trader.

That job would probably give me a heart attack!

just_floatin

Reaction score
And the housing bubble in China has finally burst. Hold my Bailout - The Federal Reserve
60 Minutes story 2013
👇🏽
A233F912-7895-4324-B36F-E86BC01A0B72.jpeg

nameisbond

Reaction score
I've been buying HUV, it goes up, when the markets go down. Crash baby crash!

attitude

Reaction score
My portfolio went down about 3% today, I cashed out 90% of it. I’ve been so busy at work lately I haven’t had time to watch and I’ve been meaning to cash out. Sounds like no better time than now.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Evergrande is a big deal. Represents something like 2% of China's GDP and employ's 2 million people in various capacities. This is not just Evergrande, it is systemic and not sure if the CCP can stop the dominoes from falling.

So RDP was right. The housing crash is HERE. You just have to buy a house for 40% cheaper in Beijing.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Evergrande is a big deal. Represents something like 2% of China's GDP and employ's 2 million people in various capacities. This is not just Evergrande, it is systemic and not sure if the CCP can stop the dominoes from falling.
I think the implications are larger then most think. While I am not one to predict this Chinese housing crash tsunami will reach the shores of America. I do plan to list a real estate asset in Phoenix metropolitan at 290. per square foot, which my neighbor directly across the street did a week ago today. Sold in two days. I will be more then satisfied with the sale and sit on the cash for future RE opportunities. Disclaimer - I am not a financial advisor nor do I feel the USA bubble is about to burst.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think the implications are larger then most think. While I am not one to predict this Chinese housing crash tsunami will reach the shores of America. I do plan to list a real estate asset in Phoenix metropolitan at 290. per square foot, which my neighbor directly across the street did a week ago today. Sold in two days. I will be more then satisfied with the sale and sit on the cash for future RE opportunities. Disclaimer - I am not a financial advisor nor do I feel the USA bubble is about to burst.

It is going to be interesting to see what China does to shore this one up.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Gold and mining stocks are up nearly 1/2 percent. Silver is down, which is strange, though.

Raffit78

Reaction score
This is all fake news: This is all normal.

Just ask every country that was effected when US economy collapsed in 07.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If you read up on this it has the potential to be a serious wide reaching house of cards even effecting us.

I've been watching the Chinese housing bubble for years. What a House of cards. Ghost cities etc. The Chinese government are masters at manipulation...but eventually cracks form, and then break. As far as a world scale financial issue, this is one thing that could really do it.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I've been buying all morning. A bit gut wrenching though.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I read an article yesterday about Evergrande pretty much requiring employees to put money into the company. Even asking employees to ask family and friends for money and if they didn't they wouldn't be promoted or get bonuses. What a country...

nameisbond

Reaction score
Vancouver's real estate is fueled by foreign buyers (majority being Chinese). This will have implications in Canada. Glad I sold at the top!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Vancouver's real estate is fueled by foreign buyers (majority being Chinese). This will have implications in Canada. Glad I sold at the top!

This...didn't really think of it.. One of the guys flying in for monster storm is from there. Housing is a touchy subject there with all the foreign nationals.

Same thing back home in hawaii...the statistics of Chinese national buyers is staggering.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Anybody buying into this?
If you're talking about buying stock, I am today or tomorrow. The monthly deposit to my account is around this time of month. Hopefully it times right and I buy stocks on sale.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The market was due for a correction and this is the catalyst that is going to make it happen. It will no doubt have an impact on the real estate industry and the short term may be painful but on the bright side it will curb China from buying up the U.S. a piece at a time.

nameisbond

Reaction score
This...didn't really think of it.. One of the guys flying in for monster storm is from there. Housing is a touchy subject there with all the foreign nationals.

Same thing back home in hawaii...the statistics of Chinese national buyers is staggering.

In 2015 one third of the real estate investments came from China in Vancouver. That stat doesn't include those who became Canadian citizens or landed immigrants from China. These still derive their incomes from China. Vancouver's population is 20% Chinese, neighboring Richmond is 52%. Richmond's Chinese owned real estate is even higher than Vancouver. The implications for a real estate collapse in China, will be felt here for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The market was due for a correction and this is the catalyst that is going to make it happen. It will no doubt have an impact on the real estate industry and the short term may be painful but on the bright side it will curb China from buying up the U.S. a piece at a time.

Will it? Or will they just double down and buy more here? They are going to put their money where it is safest and that isn’t China.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Was down around 2k earlier now around 800. I’m buying through it. Picked up more Cardano at 2 bucks more sol at 145 I think and more nio at 36. Looking for a few other buys for today or tomorrow. I follow all the youtubers and they were calling for this this week. I have plenty of cash on hand.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Lehman Brothers 2.0 - All eyes on the CCP
(Talkin' 'bout your china grove)
Whoa, oh (whoa, oh) China Grove

HotRod82

Reaction score
Will it? Or will they just double down and buy more here? They are going to put their money where it is safest and that isn’t China.

IMO - they will just take what they need from whomever they want. Look at what they did to Jack Ma from Alibaba.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Down .071% for the day. Not overly worried but of course dont like seeing that. I am pretty diversified myself. I go up less than the market % wise and the same less than market % on the downside.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Down .071% for the day. Not overly worried but of course dont like seeing that. I am pretty diversified myself. I go up less than the market % wise and the same less than market % on the downside.
Down 4.8 in my Robinhood which is my biggest portfolio. I’m really not worried at all. If this one is still down in 2025 I might be a little concerned

2Driver

Reaction score
you can and be the richest man in the cemetary
😂heard that a while back and LMAO

LOL

I look at accumulated wealth differently - like having built up a successful family business that generates good income

I wouldnt run the biz into the ground before I died, I’d pass it on and let it provide a solid source of income for my deserved hier/s. Thats what our trust will do. LOL but you have to have heirs that think that way too or you might as well party to the grave.

PaPaG

Reaction score
3% down is not a correction or crash, now if it hits 3300 pts down in the dow or 1400 in Nasdaq then we have a correction (and in my opinion it was needed), we have had 11-13 major correction years in the last 20 years, but in the same sentence most have rebound within a month to a year from 8% to 24% so hold tight and quit watching every minute in the market unless you are short term or day trading, if you are day trading you are going to make BANK this week if you have the research done and have the
stomach for it.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Ended up down 3%. Not too bad. Hoping for a strong 4th quarter and a good rally. I own a lot of lucid so it’s nice to see the change in trend. Watching g tesla pretty closely. I hate tesla and Elon but I like making money

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
3/4% for us. We beat the market, LOL.
We'll see what happens tomorrow.

You guys and me have a conservative and diversified portfolio. Mine is all about protecting principal for sure.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Shit, you think they'll fix it with another virus?