WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

HCP3

Reaction score
Earnings reports this week, and states are opening up.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m up on everything except BA which I’m about even on.
I think they might take a bit of a dip tommorow. Whish I would have bought at $124 yesterday. If it gets that low again I’m gonna buy some more.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Earnings reports this week, and states are opening up.

I get that but.....The market is forward thinking and usually ahead of the realities.....Don't you think that is all priced in already?

DWC

Reaction score
Tough to tell what’s going on and what’s going to happen day by day. We went from everyone jumping out of everything, to playing the guessing game on who will benefit from the situation, to who isn’t going to lose a lot, etc.
At the end of the day there’s always cash looking for a place to grow. :D

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I don’t know shit. So I just look for large companies with household names who have lost a bundle because of the pandemic. I buy those and pray for a rebound in the long term. I’m gambling with a small amount compared to you ballers.

Reactions: DWC

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I get that but.....The market is forward thinking and usually ahead of the realities.....Don't you think that is all priced in already?

Who knows what the market is doing. Treating it like the economy has been open this entire time and there will be no detrimental effects to this virus and earnings.

I guess the market likes when companies can’t give guidance for the remainder of the year.

Reactions: DWC

cofooter

Reaction score
Reality will come around and knock some heads around.....
I agree. In the short term it will rally due to the re-opening of the economy, however, once the damage caused by this becomes clearly apparent, watch out. Shorts are betting on that to happen.

Ol Man

Reaction score
I am 75. Retired for 14 years. I don't give a shit what the market does on a daily basis. I hired a guy. The market goes up. The market goes down. If I want to do a major purchase I call my guy and tell him to sell stuff. I have friends who follow it on a daily basis and want to talk about investments. I tell them I don't care on a daily basis. A couple of times a year is good for me. I will go do something else if that is what concerns you. Oh, we do cash out our MRD every year since 70 1/2.

adam909

Reaction score
there has been some good wins if you got in a couple weeks ago.. Home Depot.. chewy. quest. oil tankers. If you can nail what company is going to come up with the vaccine youll be a winner.. Ive been buying exxon, Marathon, delta and AA. who knows and banking on the rebond..

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I decided to buy some WKHS at $2.60 today....we'll see how it goes for the rest of the week.

Last edited:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
GDP down - Rally

Boeing bad earnings - Rally

Google cuts future ad revenues - Rally

Airlines see 90% decline in business - Rally

Unemployment skyrocketing - Rally

Most businesses closed - Rally

[emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

CLdrinker

Reaction score
GDP down - Rally

Boeing bad earnings - Rally

Google cuts future ad revenues - Rally

Airlines see 90% decline in business - Rally

Unemployment skyrocketing - Rally

Most businesses closed - Rally

[emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I thought for sure Boeing would tank today. I was hoping to buy on sale.

BingerFang

Reaction score

RCDave

Reaction score
Continuing case of WAY TOO MANY and increasing dollars in circulation chasing very limited fundamentally sound opportunities

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I think this is mostly new retail investors using free trading platforms like Robinhood to buy because of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and the rug will be pulled out from under them soon. Lots of people sitting at home bored and are now trading. I hope they take some profits.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I think this is mostly new retail investors using free trading platforms like Robinhood to buy because of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and the rug will be pulled out from under them soon. Lots of people sitting at home bored and are now trading. I hope they take some profits.
Im
One of those newbs. Care to elaborate?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Im
One of those newbs. Care to elaborate?

Simply put.. What goes up must come down. And then will go back up and down again.

The thought is that reality will set in at some point and the rally we are on (we've made back about half of the losses) will stall and markets will fall back down to some level, and then the real climb back up will start.

My portfolio was down about 20% from my highs in Feb to mid March.

I took 5% of my portfolio in cash and invested it at basically the bottom in mid-late march.

I'm down lees than 10% overall now. That is kinda nuts for 5 weeks. That 5% I put in was riskier stuff, but there is a ton more upside than downside. I got in at a good price so I'm actually going to hold it for the medium term and not going to worry if there is a another dip. If it drops lower than it did in mid March I will probably double down and invest more.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I think the big players have enough control of the markets now, they can largely manipulate it up or down at will.. then others simply follow.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Im One of those newbs. Care to elaborate?

So my theory is the market is being pumped up by large money managers and new investors feel as though they are going to miss out on profits if they don't buy in now. Ask yourself this. How is the market going up with every company posting massive losses and forecasting a bleak future? Employment is going up and so it the stock market, does that make sense? Are people going to buy new cars, start shopping for clothes, toys etc... like they used to or are they going to be way more careful because we might go through this again in the fall or next year?

I'm not trying to scare you out of investing. I've seen this shit before. The dotcom bubble. But during the dotcom bubble, we didn't have millions of people unemployed.

Don't listen to me though. I'm usually wrong. I would do the exact opposite of what I'm saying and you'll probably be a millionaire by the end of the year.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
So my theory is the market is being pumped up by large money managers and new investors feel as though they are going to miss out on profits if they don't buy in now. Ask yourself this. How is the market going up with every company posting massive losses and forecasting a bleak future? Employment is going up and so it the stock market, does that make sense? Are people going to buy new cars, start shopping for clothes, toys etc... like they used to or are they going to be way more careful because we might go through this again in the fall or next year?

I'm not trying to scare you out of investing. I've seen this shit before. The dotcom bubble. But during the dotcom bubble, we didn't have millions of people unemployed.

Don't listen to me though. I'm usually wrong. I would do the exact opposite of what I'm saying and you'll probably be a millionaire by the end of the year.

Never take stock advise from someone who drives a '70s VW bug and can't even afford a boat

CLdrinker

Reaction score

i see were you are coming from. The fake money that just got distributed is an issue.
I’m up 12% right now and have considered selling. But knowing my luck everything will continue up lol.
min in for the long run so I should be ok. Hopefully

nameisbond

Reaction score
The feds $6.5 trillion dollar balance sheet, might have something to do with it. I'm waiting until fall for the big declines to begin again.

Xring01

Reaction score
Remember QE, Quantitative Easing... Well I learned a very valuable lesson during that...

Lesson is quite simple. You cannot fight the FED... When the Fed is pouring Trillions into the economy, Then it will go up....

As long as Washington DC has the checkbook open, then the market will do well.
Bigger question is what happens to the market when $$$ flow stops?

Based on that, I am in right now, and doing better than I expected for the most part. But that doesnt mean that I won't sell everything tomorrow, when things change.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i see were you are coming from. The fake money that just got distributed is an issue.
I’m up 12% right now and have considered selling. But knowing my luck everything will continue up lol.
min in for the long run so I should be ok. Hopefully

Long run you are just fine. You are betting that things will be higher than this at some point, which they most likely will.

RCDave

Reaction score
I pulled out around 28,500. Bought lightly on the way down (mostly in the 18,850 to 22,000 range). Now the account balance is at an all time high. Lucky lucky lucky. But now thinking of pulling out and sitting on the sidelines again....

HCP3

Reaction score
Gilead was the the big win this morning.

Yeah. They had good news pre-market on their Remdisivir treatment. Anything invested in the vaccine segment?

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
GIL is only up max 8% today.....

I have many stocks up more than that today. These are my big winners so far today

SHW, VLO, VIAC, GOOG, WDC

I sold my MESA two days ago and missed a 35-40% GAIN.....LOL duhhhhhhhh

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BA is up 12%
V is up 9%

really kicking myself for not buying way more. I was trying to tip toe in so as not to make a huge mistake.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Bought some UAVS this morning...I thought I mighta got in late at $1.20...holy shit...I'm not sure what to do next

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I bought in to JNUG when it was in the high $30’s, a few weeks ago. Up almost 70%. Going to sit on it a few more days then unload. Just unloaded CCL this AM as I didn’t want to hold out for the “long run” on those although that was my initial plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Of the 3 positions I still have after the crash -

up 130% on GUSH
up 55% on JNUG
up 54% on SPXL

HCP3

Reaction score
Bought some UAVS this morning...I thought I mighta got in late at $1.20...holy shit...I'm not sure what to do next

Been watching that one, but I can't find the courage to trust the speculation (Amazon partnership), and I don't have time to play the day trade game.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Been watching that one, but I can't find the courage to trust the speculation (Amazon partnership), and I don't have time to play the day trade game.
I’m gambling with some loose change...if I lose it all...meh. I bought 200 shares.

also bought some Norwegian cruise lines...we’ll see where that goes. Lol