WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stock Market, where’s the bottom?

nameisbond

Reaction score
I believe we are in a 1929 style crash and the deep recession it will cause. Will be like the great depression. If you bought the dip in 1929, you didn't recover until 1953 or something like that!

gqchris

Reaction score
Crypto got obliterated over the weekend. My accounts are down 70% on the year. Brutal, but going to just HODL at this point.
Mine too brother. 10's of thousands wiped off the books. I am in for the long HODL. I had to disable my notifications yesterday, was getting me too depressed! LOL

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bought in on Friday at closing bell....I was too early. I bought more today. Could be a good upside. Then I'll go back in with SQQQ if it hits the $40's again.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I don't mean to brag but...
Screenshot_20220613-071139.png

Ok ok it's mainly deposited $$$

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So this should be a good time to buy more crypto?

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I feel the same.... just poking a bit at the "buy the dip" crowd.
Crypto is crack cocaine for day traders.
Buy now and buy more if it goes down further. I had almost none in my account except I bought a few shares of Coinbase at 66 maybe I’ll buy more now

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I'm curious what everyone's take is on when and how quick the fed will reverse course. what will be the triggers? I feel it will be to little too late, I don't see how this will be a soft landing.

In my opinion, the fed's job is to get inflation under control all while their ultimate goal is to bring down the stock and housing market, raise unemployment, and in turn kill the middle class. They don't care about the average middle class American. They will destroy the economy, bail out all the banks and corporations, and send out stimulus checks to the poor.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're under 50 years old to be honest. This is where you can start to buy assets on the cheap and build wealth. There's opportunities in every market, up or down. You just have to be ready.

It's not good for people getting ready to retire or already retired depending on their investments to get them through the rest of their lives. 401K's will turn into 101K's here shortly.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

I'm curious what everyone's take is on when and how quick the fed will reverse course. what will be the triggers? I feel it will be to little too late, I don't see how this will be a soft landing.

Fella's -

I still maintain, we have never seen or have had to face conditions such as these. You can throw all financial predictive data out the window. We have never had to compete against the Federal government in financial markets before. IMHO - There is an effort at hand, to destroy the middle class in America.

If your goals were to do just that, what would you be doing? Exactly what this administration is doing. There is no course reversal coming.

They know exactly what they are doing. Open the southern border to replace the unhappy electorate with a compliant population that are just happy to be in America. Why else have we given these folks phones? They will be notified, when and where and how to vote. As history has shown, once the votes are cast, there is NEVER a reversal. Just get the votes cast and counted, mission accomplished...Occam's Razor.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
In my opinion, the fed's job is to get inflation under control all while their ultimate goal is to bring down the stock and housing market, raise unemployment, and in turn kill the middle class. They don't care about the average middle class American. They will destroy the economy, bail out all the banks and corporations, and send out stimulus checks to the poor.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're under 50 years old to be honest. This is where you can start to buy assets on the cheap and build wealth. There's opportunities in every market, up or down. You just have to be ready.

It's not good for people getting ready to retire or already retired depending on their investments to get them through the rest of their lives. 401K's will turn into 101K's here shortly.
HAHAHA!! we literally posted this at the same time. Scary.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
HAHAHA!! we literally posted this at the same time. Scary.

I agree with your and @shintoooo assessments. I’d even go as far as to say it is a coordinated effort across the west.

I have a good fried in the mortgage business that thinks rates will hit 10% before they turn around.. but I do have confidence they will turn around…. 5% may be the new normal, just like $5 gas.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Margin calls will soon crush him.

I love the so-called experts who ride a single (or few) rising investment and think they know everything.

Kathy Wood and her ARKK fund is another one
BoooYaaa! 😂 🙄

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Recession is imminent.
If Biden doesn't raise the interest rates above the inflation rate it'll be here sooner than later.

530RL

Reaction score
Recession is imminent.
If Biden doesn't raise the interest rates above the inflation rate it'll be here sooner than later.
How can a POTUS raise interest rates? That is up to the Federal Reserve.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
How can a POTUS raise interest rates? That is up to the Federal Reserve.
Republicans let the FED run it, Democrats exert extreme pressure to get their way good or bad, mostly bad. Yellen was a puppet under liberals.

Remember Jimmy Carters double digit interest rates? Gee, suddenly right before the election interest rates dropped to 5%, then right after the election they skyrocketed right back up and even higher.

Elon Musk is right. Biden is a wet sock puppet. Can't reason with a Liberal. Something for nothing promising, delivering nothing for something.

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
The Fed screwed up in the first place and basically aided this entrance into recession with their failure to increase rates starting at least 18 months ago, they need to increase another 2.75 to 3pts to help stabilize our economy even though it will destroy most of the markets from housing to stocks (temporarily) but no one knows for how long. They really screwed up...if they did .25 throughout the last 2 years the shock would be nothing like it is this past 9 weeks...I expect another 3pts before things change for the better (I Pray not but facts and financial sense says so).

SLT Kota

Reaction score
Recession is imminent.
And if they (the fed) do raise interest rates above inflation a recession will be here even quicker.

Reactions: TPC

hallett21

Reaction score
Oil up over $123

Edited because I was reading the wrong chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Honestly if we look at GDP growth and production (or lack thereof) thru the lens of real inflation…it can be argued that we’ve been in recession if not outright depression for at least a decade.

Very good read here:

530RL

Reaction score
Honestly if we look at GDP growth and production (or lack thereof) thru the lens of real inflation…it can be argued that we’ve been in recession if not outright depression for at least a decade.

Very good read here:
A country’s real GDP can only grow as a function of productivity growth plus growth in the work force.

Productivity growth has ground to a very small number and work force growth is negative over the last several years.

Pretty tough to grow an economy at strong rates when there is little growth in productivity and little visible pathway to a larger labor pool.

hallett21

Reaction score
Oil broke $125.

Remember when Putin said it would hit $130 lol.

Edit: sorry was reading the wrong chart. Still at $123.

Don’t worry it’ll be $125 soon enough

Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

dude.gif

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
The Fed screwed up in the first place and basically aided this entrance into recession with their failure to increase rates starting at least 18 months ago, they need to increase another 2.75 to 3pts to help stabilize our economy even though it will destroy most of the markets from housing to stocks (temporarily) but no one knows for how long. They really screwed up...if they did .25 throughout the last 2 years the shock would be nothing like it is this past 9 weeks...I expect another 3pts before things change for the better (I Pray not but facts and financial sense says so).
I agree and I’d argue the FED left rates at near zero for far too long (Feb 2009 to Dec 2015). Their primary tool to temper economic activity or increase liquidity has been compromised. Now the FED is stuck chasing inflation all while trying to unload their balance sheet. I’m hoping for the best economy wise as a depression wouldn’t be good.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Biden is pushing EVs on the country and the USA isn’t there yet.
Long long ways to go.

Jerking away oil availability isn’t helping and this is what you get.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Voters are paying attention to that man behind the curtain.
Smoke and mirrors Joe is being realized for the fraud that he is.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

As I have said in other thread. I put everything into bonds at the end of Dec and beginning of Jan. Any idea of when to jump back in? I am thinking it won't be this year, but want other opinions.

PaPaG

Reaction score
As I have said in other thread. I put everything into bonds at the end of Dec and beginning of Jan. Any idea of when to jump back in? I am thinking it won't be this year, but want other opinions.
If NOT day trading like I do with most of my stocks, I would wait til we have capitulation when the individual investor gets sick of the slide and sell off most of their holdings, at that point we would more than likely hit bottom, once that is done I would start buying a bit of everything that has been researched during the downturn while on its way back in small amounts at a time. I used to go by the rule of "NEVER TRY TO CATCH A FALLING KNIFE" but when I know a stock has great financials and outlook and fear and panic has caused the drop I have no problem buying small amounts here and there and holding even on it's way down. From what I see I think we still have a ways to go DOWN with bumps and small rallies here and there. Other than being a day trader I would NOT invest more than 25% of investment money until I see the right signs stated above.