WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stocking up before the election on Tuesday?

Cdog

Reaction score
Haha! Rookies

CD6DF310-C8C8-4F27-9675-962694F44ACE.jpeg

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I went out and bought 3 costco packs of TP!

Not getting got this time!

My haven't been able to find paper plates at Costco (the ones I like) for the past month or two. Wife went today and grabbed two since we don't go to Costco often and they only let her buy one.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
What is everyone here expecting to happen? Not being an asshole, just trying to understand what people's theories are on what could be that i may not have thought of.

Cdog

Reaction score
What is everyone here expecting to happen? Not being an asshole, just trying to understand what people's theories are on what could be that i may not have thought of.

Trump wins & we see a chimp out egged on by soy bois

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Not sure.
But I do believe there will be an escalation of confrontation regardless of results.

Can’t say what that will look like exactly, but we will know soon enough.

sintax

Reaction score

I was really just making a joke.

I think over all nothings going to happen, but that being said I do expect some media fueled riots, no matter who wins.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"

There's never any harm in being overprepared. In Cali, you should always be set for earthquake preparedness. If you are, you should be set. Some prepare a bit more than others, and some feel their level of preparation is adequate. That's a level set be each person.

Am I prepared? I don't know, really. Without knowing what lay ahead, I can't be sure. Being over confident may lead to a false sense of security. I prefer to think I'm more prepared than some, but less than others.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Last 2 times I was at Costco the TP and PT supplies were lower than I'd seen since the Covid-mania days

I've got extra paper products and plenty of water. And finally got the generator. Oh, that reminds me - I need to get gas

sintax

Reaction score

There's never any harm in being overprepared. In Cali, you should always be set for earthquake preparedness. If you are, you should be set. Some prepare a bit more than others, and some feel their level of preparation is adequate. That's a level set be each person.

Am I prepared? I don't know, really. Without knowing what lay ahead, I can't be sure. Being over confident may lead to a false sense of security. I prefer to think I'm more prepared than some, but less than others.

exactly!

I'm a long distance backpacker, so by nature i'm a pretty solid prepper and can do VERY well with VERY little. My normal pack weight is under 20lbs with enough shit to last me 7-10 days. My house? I could post up here for months without leaving...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
exactly!

I'm a long distance backpacker, so by nature i'm a pretty solid prepper and can do VERY well with VERY little. My normal pack weight is under 20lbs with enough shit to last me 7-10 days. My house? I could post up here for months without leaving...
I can do alright by myself. Not exactly Les Stroud, but I'd be ok in the hills here. What really changed my mindset was having kids. Bugging out isn't the easy option it was. Now we have a bit more on hand than we ever did in Cali, and I live further "out" than I did. Now days, if I travel, I always have backup routes and plans to get home.
Not quite "doomsday" more "zombie apocalypse" rank ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Where
I can do alright by myself. Not exactly Les Stroud, but I'd be ok in the hills here. What really changed my mindset was having kids. Bugging out isn't the easy option it was. Now we have a bit more on hand than we ever did in Cali, and I live further "out" than I did. Now days, if I travel, I always have backup routes and plans to get home.
Not quite "doomsday" more "zombie apocalypse" rank ;)
where are you ?

redone76

Reaction score
Stocked up pretty well...but I did just finish building and installing this

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
My wife had to go shoot to re-up her CCW after work last night. This took place at a local facility with an indoor handgun range and a gun store in the building as well. She said that pickin's were extremely thin, and a couple of the people in the class had come ill-prepared, apparently thinking they could buy ammo at the shop before the shoot. The proprietor is a retired cop, and he sold them what they needed, but not until he had shamed the heck out of them.

I was able to scrape up a couple of boxes of .380 and 9mm for the wife to qualify; but just barely..🙃
Waiting until know to prepare is gonna be very expensive if you are serious about it. Very, very expensive.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

In the late 80’s I dated a girl in San Bernadino near Baseline and Tippacanoe and one night was lying on the couch when the whole thing dropped and moved over. My first earthquake jolt. Almost needed a roll of toilet paper. :D

dave29

Reaction score
Spare freezer took a dump last weekend. Loaded with food. Saved as much as possible but had to throw out a bunch. Due to Covid, freezers are nowhere to be found. Finally ordered an oddball from Walmart that will be delivered Nov. 3 . Same deal on refrigerators. Dealers say they haven't been restocked in months.

petie6464

Reaction score

Nothing.

Fear, the great motivater the drives sensible men to do unsensible things; Like buy copious amounts of toilet paper, spend thousands or hundreds of thousands preparing for something even though they have no idea what it is.

Cdog

Reaction score
okay... what is giving that much clarity, and how much are we talking?? $$$$

its a Pvs-14 gen-3 in white phosphor from tnvc. The one in the pic is thin filmed. Mine is no film/even better. About 4K and a 3-4 month wait at the moment.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Spare freezer took a dump last weekend. Loaded with food. Saved as much as possible but had to throw out a bunch. Due to Covid, freezers are nowhere to be found. Finally ordered an oddball from Walmart that will be delivered Nov. 3 . Same deal on refrigerators. Dealers say they haven't been restocked in months.
Home Depot has them

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
3k rounds of ammo, 12ga, 20ga, 45cal, 9mm, 7mm....

Family and I took (3hr) Home defense class Tuesday. Certified LEO instructor.
Extremely informative...

2Driver

Reaction score
while I agree it’ll come quicker w/ Biden. It is still coming even with a Trump victory... will just give us a bit more time.

Cap gains tax goes from 15% to personal income rate. even for seniors this is a lost of 5-15% of a portfolio

plus if she gets her way, its just the start. Tax on existing wealth will be next and expect a 40%-50% estate tax almost assured

06D96ED8-4365-48B3-9BE2-D9D993AB334D.jpeg

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The long slow temper tantrum that has persisted for months will continue, unabated

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
while I agree it’ll come quicker w/ Biden. It is still coming even with a Trump victory... will just give us a bit more time.

Trump will shut it down with the National Guard. While he'll be tempted to let the Democratic cities burn he'll do the right thing.

But that's assuming he wins and the Marxists are doing everything they can to steal the election. Stay tuned. Sad to say I think the worst is yet to come.

Cap gains tax goes from 15% to personal income rate. even for seniors this is a lost of 5-15% of a portfolio

plus if she gets her way, its just the start. Tax on existing wealth will be next and expect a 40%-50% estate tax almost assured

View attachment 937153

Imagine what she/they will do with the death tax. There will be no inheritances for anyone's kids

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Trump will shut it down with the National Guard. While he'll be tempted to let the Democratic cities burn he'll do the right thing.

But that's assuming he wins and the Marxists are doing everything they can to steal the election. Stay tuned. Sad to say I think the worst is yet to come.

Imagine what she/they will do with the death tax. There will be no inheritances for anyone's kids

I agree.... but it will still take weeks to get things under control. So if you live anywhere within a 50 mile radius of a semi decent sized city.... be prepared.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

Make a trust they don’t get shit 😎👍🇺🇸

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Just saw an idiot on the highway in havasu with his crew cab packed full, and the bed packed 6’ high with toilet paper. Fucking idiot.

redone76

Reaction score
So this thread had me checking over my ammo stash and I noticed I have 2 boxes of 357 SIG. I don’t have a firearm that uses these. Someone may have given them to me at one time. Dunno...but can anyone in RDP land use them? These look to retail for $30 a box.
image.jpg

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I agree.... but it will still take weeks to get things under control. So if you live anywhere within a 50 mile radius of a semi decent sized city.... be prepared.

We’re on the outskirts of LA (35 miles away) next to the Mojave desert and we own a decent 4x. Neighborhood is a very small gated community in a box canyon. One way in and out with like minded gun owning neighbors. We lack for nothing however, life is normal here and there is very little discussion, and absolutely no panic, with respect to a potential problem. Not that I’m expecting anything but, I feel as though we could handle whatever short an apocalypse.

Last edited: