WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stolen KTM Riverbreeze RV Resort

W.O.T

Reaction score
My buddy is staying at the Riverview RV Resort on the river in Ehrenberg Az.

Woke up this morning and someone had cut his cable and the bike is gone. If anyone happens to see this bike please report it.

And Merry Christmas everyone!
ktm-jpg.713261

Attachments

• ktm.jpg
    ktm.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 1,944

DLC

Reaction score
That’s one sweet scoot! Totally sucks getting robbed! And on Christmas

I hope your buddy gets it back

W.O.T

Reaction score
Thanks guys yes I'm bummed out for him and hoping my riding buddy gets it back or a new one soon. I know a lot of people on the boards frequent the area so maybe someone will see something.

Unbelievable how screwed up some people are.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...My dual sport Suzuki sits under the over hang of my 5th wheel in my driveway...I’m surprised someone over the years hasn’t hasn’t made off with it???...

2Driver

Reaction score
Bummer.

Get a disk brake lock to add to what ever other locking device you use.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Bummer.

My Gixxer 600 was stolen despite a disc lock.

Pretty sure they lifted it up and tossed it into the back of a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W.O.T

Reaction score
No insurance.

Yeah the cable he used wasn’t very thick. I use a much larger cable but I am going to invest in something better after this.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No insurance.

Yeah the cable he used wasn’t very thick. I use a much larger cable but I am going to invest in something better after this.
Ouch? I bet his next bike is insured.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Bummer.

You could cement it down and thieves will still find a way to walk away with it. A friend of mine had his road glide stolen and it had a disk brake lock and was wedged between his truck and his garage. The thieves walked up with two of those 2x4 moving dollies, loaded it up, and rolled it out and down the street where they threw it a uhaul trailer.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Bastards piss me off......An honest man can't leave anything out for a couple minutes anymore. And LE seldom finds your stuff.:mad:

Last edited:

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
That park an the one along side it have a very bad tweaker thieves.. I stayed there at riverbreeze for bout 3 months while working out at iron horse pen. Everyone there including the owner said be careful we have thieves here... a guys rzr got stolen from there hot wir3d it. Guy got it back then it was stolen a 2nd time... the 2nd time they found it out by cibola ways down river out of gas... it's a nice lil park with nice grass. But at nite time it comes ALIVE! Sorry here bout ur loss... thieves , rapists, an child molesters top of my shoot on site list!

W.O.T

Reaction score
I just talked to my buddy he’s still at the campground. He said a van was seen on Video driving around the campground at 2am.

The van was found and driver contacted by sheriffs in Blythe but no dirtbike in the van.

The guy claims he was just sleeping in the campground. No other vehicles were seen coming or going on the video.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
...Hey for $2500 with all the performance add ons... it was a deal...And I can’t pass up a deal...lol...
My Havasu snowbird has two DR650's. He used to bring his down each year but loading/hauling it got to be a hassle, so he purchased another and leaves it in my garage year round now.
Cool old dude, goes riding and camping for weeks around the southwest.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
4D0FEF4C-2D05-406F-A513-751089E0FEBE.jpeg
4E3CCB93-12CF-48C1-985B-7C92516636D2.jpeg
My Havasu snowbird has two DR650's. He used to bring his down each year but loading/hauling it got to be a hassle, so he purchased another and leaves it in my garage year round now.
Cool old dude, goes riding and camping for weeks around the southwest.
...The DR 650’s have been called bulletproof ...might be a slight exaggeration but not by much...
...Mine gets transported on a rack on the front of my Ram...believe it or not you can still see at night...

W.O.T

Reaction score
The bike was recovered in Blythe the other day. My friend picked it up today. I haven’t got the whole story yet but my buddy said cops busted an 18yr old riding the bike. He’s been known for local thefts already. He had a pistol in his boot when the cops got him. The bike is pretty beat up and all the electrical and street legal lights have been removed from the bike. It’s been spray painted to disguise it you can see the difference if you look at the first pic I posted.

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I say he does a small amount of time and a little probation.
As long as the P/C are good.. Back to ... Braaaaaap.
Still sucks.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You could go to his place and steal all his shit but the only stuff he has is probably stolen. And if you got caught you'd be punished a lot more than him because you OWN STUFF

People who own things are punished all the time by the government (taxes), insurance companies, lawyers and the judicial system. We pay for the have-nots

HCP3

Reaction score
God this is terrible.

Does insurance (if any) wipe their hands of this since it was recovered? I mean, obviously the bike is trashed and nowhere near original condition, but im sure it 'runs'. Not trying to pour salt in the wounds. Only curious.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Restitution should be the kid/parents buying a new bike......If there was actual justice served. We all know how likely that will happen.:rolleyes::(:mad:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Standard tweaker paint job, Had a bike or two stolen and they looked like this when they found them. You always know the shit is close by because they don't have a car that will get far. Good news is they are so dumb they ride it were they can be caught instead of the middle of the desert.

Dana757

Reaction score
Restitution should be the kid/parents buying a new bike......If there was actual justice served. We all know how likely that will happen.:rolleyes::(:mad:
The kid is 18 now, an adult. So if anyone pays restitution it will be him. Good luck with that! bummer

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
God this is terrible.

Does insurance (if any) wipe their hands of this since it was recovered? I mean, obviously the bike is trashed and nowhere near original condition, but im sure it 'runs'. Not trying to pour salt in the wounds. Only curious.

If it was insured, he could still go through the process of a claim for vandalism or malicious mischief after it was recovered and not in original condition. However, it may not be enough to satisfy a deductible.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The kid is 18 now, an adult. So if anyone pays restitution it will be him. Good luck with that! bummer
More than likely he's a dependant 18. Maybe his parents are too, who knows. Ragardless, restitution is highly unlikely I'd assume.

Old Texan

Reaction score
If it was insured, he could still go through the process of a claim for vandalism or malicious mischief after it was recovered and not in original condition. However, it may not be enough to satisfy a deductible.
Yup lots of options, but sadly things never seem to get back to what they were before asshole tweakers enter into the equation.

The thief will most likely strike again and someone else will have their life needlessly disrupted:mad:

Xring01

Reaction score
God this is terrible.

Bikes this old, I do not know anyone who has insurance on the bike..
Now if it was Stolen, and not returned, then you could claim that on your taxes... in some cases you might be able to claim it under your home owners insurance policy..

But the deductible is quite high normally, and this would probably make your rates increase, cost you more in the end.

The fact he got it back is great, but the end result its still gonna cost him the owner $$ to get it back to the condition it was in. The only satisfaction will come from the Court/Judge on this case. I hope he teaches this kid the lesson he needs to learn.

f12517

Reaction score
Now if it was Stolen, and not returned, then you could claim that on your taxes... in some cases you might be able to claim it under your home owners insurance policy..

But the deductible is quite high normally, and this would probably make your rates increase, cost you more in the end.

The fact he got it back is great, but the end result its still gonna cost him the owner $$ to get it back to the condition it was in. The only satisfaction will come from the Court/Judge on this case. I hope he teaches this kid the lesson he needs to learn.

I don't think that KTM is that old...and KTM's hold their value. I'm a little surprised the owner didn't have coverage on the bike. I just bought a 2014 KTM 500 EXC and I have full insurance on it since its plated. The expensive part of the policy is the uninsured motorist part. The comp/collision coverage is cheap.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

Most home insurance policies have restrictions on CC's for vehicles that are stolen (my company is 49cc) and is designed only to cover mopeds, go karts, cushmans etc and would be subject to the home insurance deductible (most people don't go any lower than 1k on the home deductible)

With a lot of policies you can play a game with their "minimum required premium." For example, our motorcycle system won't allow the policy to be less than $100 (any lower than that and its not worth our time or paperwork) so a lot of times we can have at least comprehensive coverage (if it gets stolen) for the same price as liability only so why not have the extra coverage.

Xring01

Reaction score
I don't think that KTM is that old...and KTM's hold their value. I'm a little surprised the owner didn't have coverage on the bike. I just bought a 2014 KTM 500 EXC and I have full insurance on it since its plated. The expensive part of the policy is the uninsured motorist part. The comp/collision coverage is cheap.

Based on the plastics, and forks. I am quite confident that bike is 2005-2007, model...
Alot of bikes had black fork tubes in 2006...

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Everything I own is insured, that way in the event a tweaker gets it out of my fortress of locks/theft deterrents I am covered. All agreed-upon value policies for well more than I am into them.